Princess of Wales Undergoing Cancer Treatment

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has there been a statement about when Catherine might resume public appearances?
Easter has come and gone, but I haven't seen a mention of that.
My impression was that target no longer applies since she (then we) discovered she had cancer. I think Easter was suggested in the early stages when she first had her op. I could be wrong of course.

Has there been a statement about when Catherine might resume public appearances?
The Easter return was before the Princess revealed she was undergoing Cancer Treatment .
It maybe sometime before we see a return to some sort of public duties.

That date was given before her cancer diagnosis. Since then, they have asked for space and time. It is unlikely that they will know how soon she can return to duty until she is done with treatment and has clear scans, so at least a few months.

For context, her diagnosis was only revealed three weeks ago, which is almost no time at all to deal with any of it.

Exactly, the Easter timeline was based on the time needed to recover from surgery. Unfortunately, afterwards they found out she needs additional (preventive) treatment, so her absence from public duties will be prolonged. This time they were careful not to put a timeline on it.

The Easter timeline was from before her diagnosis and so is no longer relevant. She will be back to public life when she is medically cleared and feeling up to it.

There are rumours that Kate would attend the Trooping the Colour while she is undergoing chemotherapy.

I think that Kate should reappear after the general election

There are rumours that Kate would attend the Trooping the Colour while she is undergoing chemotherapy.

Let's hope she stays safe and away from other people or uses a mask. And no handshakes. Her system could be fragile during chemo, and anyone around with a cold could make her even more sick and risk her recovery.

It's going to be difficult for her to re-enter public life, especially if she's lost her hair and is feeling self-conscious about it, which may well be the case. She needs to do whatever feels right for her, but a big spectacle like Trooping The Colour may not be the right occasion.

It's going to be difficult for her to re-enter public life, especially if she's lost her hair and is feeling self-conscious about it, which may well be the case. She needs to do whatever feels right for her, but a big spectacle like Trooping The Colour may not be the right occasion.
If she came out with no hair, like it happened to Princess Caroline some years back, it will even help people battling cancer to know if she is not concern on what she would look like to others while on chemo neither should they.
When you are fighting for your life just to be around for more years and see your kids grow, become adults and independent, looks take a back seat in her worries.

Caroline, didn’t lose her hair because of cancer treatment
Agreed, sorry for the confusion and I should have elaborated the line: If she came out with no hair, like it happened to Princess Caroline some years back,
To
If she came outside in public with no hair, like it happened to Princess Caroline some years back...

Caroline was not going to chemo but had a condition at that moment aggravated by other factors that caused hair loss and the pictures were all over the media. In her case the press she received was terrible because it focused on her looks. Did she care about them? absolutely not.

With Kate it would be a different response since we live in different times, with the press having a bit more respect on her condition than the one shown to Caroline years back.

Back
Top Bottom