Princess Theodora And Prince Philippos 1: November 2002-July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kelly9480 said:
I read once that Pavlos was enrolled in Georgetown as Paul of Greece, but Nikolaos was Nick Constantine to his army comrades, so maybe one of those two.
Was he really at the army? where?

Is Theodora's hair naturally blond? and are there any current events on her?

She, like her siblings except for Alexia, was blonde as a child. I don't know whether it has or hasn't darkened with age, but she's not in the public eye enough to see if she has dark roots.

kelly9480 said:
She, like her siblings except for Alexia, was blonde as a child. I don't know whether it has or hasn't darkened with age, but she's not in the public eye enough to see if she has dark roots.

Alexia was blonde as a kid as well:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/16135-post14.html

And I think that Theodora has the same hair color as Alexia, born blonde but her hair darkened with age:cool:

Thanks, Crisinaki. I just remember seeing black and white pics of Alexia as an infant (around 1 year old) with dark hair.

It´s not his brother´s, but his eldest sister´s wedding in 1999!
Phillipos was a pageboy himself back in 1995.

i think she might go by theodora greece. i know that sounds weird, but i facebooked her (not sure if you guys have heard of this program - if you go to a university you get an account and search people at any other university and see their profile etc) and that's how she was listed

She is listed as Theodora Greece? Don't they have their own last name like the Windsors or Grimaldis?

Just because she's on facebook a certain way doesn't mean it's not a spoof. I mean, several of the British royals have spoof myspaces, so it's not impossible.

The Greeks refuse to claim their genealogical surname of Slesvig-Holstein-Sonderborg-Glucksborg (in Danish, in German in Schleswig-Holstein, Soenderburg-Gluecksburg).

They refuse their surname? Why is that?

kelly9480 said:
Just because she's on facebook a certain way doesn't mean it's not a spoof. I mean, several of the British royals have spoof myspaces, so it's not impossible.

The Greeks refuse to claim their genealogical surname of Slesvig-Holstein-Sonderborg-Glucksborg (in Danish, in German in Schleswig-Holstein, Soenderburg-Gluecksburg).

Did the Norwegian Royals renounced their surname as well?
If they did, then it would be like a trend: you were born as Prince of Denmark and when you got a throne in a different country you have to renounce your last name

you're right, it could quite possibly be a spoof on facebook, but she's listed as going to brown which makes it seem a bit more realistic. also, she doesn't have a picture of herself up, only of some piece of art, which made me think it might actually be her. there was actually another "theodora greece" when i re-searched it, so it looks like someone at another university may have decided to pretend to be her - unless their name is actually theodora greece, which would just be a really strange coincidence

I enjoy them. My eyes are focued on Thodora. she is beatiful. but if she could slim down a little. She will be more beatiful I think.Is she stuying drama like Greek tragedy at university.

Interesting how both greek sisters need to slim down. Princess Alexia looks great now.

I happen to think there is nothing wrong with Princess Theodora's size. Everyone cannot be a size 2 like Princess Mary. Princess Theodora's size, to me, is just like her father's sister.

crisiñaki said:
Did the Norwegian Royals renounced their surname as well?
If they did, then it would be like a trend: you were born as Prince of Denmark and when you got a throne in a different country you have to renounce your last name
No, the Norwegians and Greeks both claim SHSG as their dynasty name, but they claim they don't have legal surnames (which are not always precisely the same thing as dynasty names) because they are royals. In the Greek government's eyes, the Greeks are no longer royal and they, therefore, need a last name -- but the Greeks refuse to adopt one.

Last edited:
kelly9480 said:
No, the Norwegians and Greeks both claim SHSG as their dynasty name, but they claim they don't have legal surnames (which are not precisely the same thing as surnames) because they are royals. In the Greek government's eyes, the Greeks are no longer royal and they, therefore, need a last name -- but the Greeks refuse to adopt one.

Well isn't that something!:p I guess that since they are of royal blood and still viewed as royals they think that they have no need to do what the Greek govt. wants. Good for them!

kelly9480 said:
No, the Norwegians and Greeks both claim SHSG as their dynasty name, but they claim they don't have legal surnames (which are not precisely the same thing as surnames) because they are royals. In the Greek government's eyes, the Greeks are no longer royal and they, therefore, need a last name -- but the Greeks refuse to adopt one.

That's kind of ridiculous, the SRF are Borbon, the BRF are Windsor, the DRF are Orange-Nassau, the MPF are Grimaldi and so on, why couldn't they just have a surname and have peace with it:rolleyes: :cool:
Let me tell you that the idea comes from Constantine, his children are way too smart to come up with things like that:cool:

crisiñaki said:
That's kind of ridiculous, the SRF are Borbon, the BRF are Windsor, the DRF are Orange-Nassau, the MPF are Grimaldi and so on, why couldn't they just have a surname and have peace with it:rolleyes: :cool:
Let me tell you that the idea comes from Constantine, his children are way too smart to come up with things like that:cool:

ΤωνΕλληνων!!!How do you like it for surname??

ChevalieurduCiel said:
ΤωνΕλληνων!!!How do you like it for surname??

I don't speak greek, so please translate
And calm down, I like the GRF a lot, I just don't understand the surname thing;) :)

Theoretically, royals don't use surnames, they use dynasty names, which aren't always the same thing. For example, the BRF is the Windsor dynasty, but the surnames assigned to EIIR's male-line descendants will be Mountbatten-Windsor, even though they will be members of the Windsor dynasty. As long as Constantine is a king, even a deposed one, he doesn't see why he should have a surname when his fellow monarchs use only their dynasty names.

crisiñaki said:
I don't speak greek, so please translate
And calm down, I like the GRF a lot, I just don't understand the surname thing;) :)

Τon Ellinon means "of Hellenes" so Constantinos ofhellenes it is and always been of hellenes untill He will be again Tis Ellados- "of Greece":D

ChevalieurduCiel said:
Τon Ellinon means "of Hellenes" so Constantinos ofhellenes it is and always been of hellenes untill He will be again Tis Ellados- "of Greece":D

I still think that Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg sounds better but if you say that Ton Ellinon is the right one then I'll believe you;) :cool:

Maybe

all those historic names sound better,but they are to long to pronounce,so 'tonEllinon' that's how we all know!:D :D :D

The Kings of Greece have always had the title of "King of the Hellenes", just as the Kings of Belgium have been "King of the Belgians".
Cadet members of the family are "of Greece" or "of Belgium".
The Belgian Royal Family don't appear to have a surname these days either.

For those of you who were wondering, I can confirm that Phillippos does attend Georgetown. And I think he's a sophomore, but I'm not 100% sure on that one.

Warren said:
The Kings of Greece have always had the title of "King of the Hellenes", just as the Kings of Belgium have been "King of the Belgians".
Cadet members of the family are "of Greece" or "of Belgium".
The Belgian Royal Family don't appear to have a surname these days either.
Not quite, all the kings of Greece. Otto was "of Greece" during his reign. "Of the Hellenes" was supposedly due in part to a desire not to upset the Wittelsbachs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom