Queen Máxima Jewels 2: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Indeed. It is a great favourite of the queen and she wears it so well. According to the jewel expert on modekoninginmaxima the tiara, necklace and bracelets consist of 385, 425 and 151 precious stones respectively. Many the size of a big engagement ring.

Nice to see that Queen Máxima is now wearing the pieces from a Parure togeter instead of mixing them with other pieces. Have to say i didn't like the tiara as much. It looked best on her at the wedding of Parince Carl Philip when she wore it a bit backwards, and therefore avoding the Cat Ear Effect which the tiara often (also yesterday) has when seen from the front.

I think the cat ear effect is less visible with Maxima as the whole tiara can be seen. With Beatrix the lower part would often be covered by her hair and all we could see was the upper part, emphasizing the ears.

Last edited:
The pearls are so classy and really suit the queen and should wear them more.

Have they changed the dresscode for State Visits in Austria. It used to be white tie.
Máxima looks really great but i wish she had eather choosen a gown in a different colour or other Jewels like rubies and therefore matching the austrian sash.

Queen Maxima is shining in all her jewellery tonight in Vienna,and no pics of the tiara here?How odd...:ohmy:

https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=27-06-2022 Gala

https://robinutrecht.photoshelter.com/index/G0000ytgjc491jYo/I0000B6HSVCh7sXM

Courtesy Robin Utrecht XX

The pearls are so classy and really suit the queen and should wear them more.

I thought Maxima looked great. The Antique Pearl tiara is a very special tiara, and I agree, Maxima really should wear pearls a whole lot more than she does at the moment.

I like the tiara a lot as well, the size of the pearls stand out especially and avoid the prong-y look. It is wonderful to see the stomacher of Queen Sophie again too and I am glad the queen wears it in its full setting.

I like the tiara a lot as well, the size of the pearls stand out especially and avoid the prong-y look. It is wonderful to see the stomacher of Queen Sophie again too and I am glad the queen wears it in its full setting.

Not in full setting with three dangling pearls but with two. Most likely the missing third pearl form Queen Sophie's corsage was used earlier in the day, as a centre piece of that diamond bow brooch, worn on the red dress.

She is wearing the jewels wonderfuly. But to me alas too much make up for a Queen.

She is wearing the jewels wonderfuly. But to me alas too much make up for a Queen.

The bright red lipstick,the white dress,both refer to the national flag of Austria,hence.

Really lovely and personal,is that the Princess of Orange on one of them?

Last edited:
Actually the Version of the Stuart tiara looks very good. Probably the best. But then it should get a new name when it is worn without it's name giving diamond. And perhaps they should fin a new setting for the Stuart diamond perhaps as brooch so that it still can be used

The Stuart Tiara looked splendid last night at the State Gala.

A pity that the Stuart diamond was not worn. the light blue shade would go perfectly with the sash of the Seraphim, but very nice to see the tiara again. I am sure Queen Silvia will have appreciated it.

The Queen wore the bow brooch of Queen Sophie, which has a pink diamond. Perhaps that was a reason for the blue-ish Stuart not to be used. I agree, it would be nice to see the diamond as a pendant as well.

It's amazing how versatile this house diamond tiara is! Imo, this is the most beautiful and most balanced version so far.

But there is one think that I don't get: Why on earth is Maxima the first who explores the different versions of this tiara? Queen Juliana wore it frequently, but kept to the excessively large Stuart diamond version. Queen Beatrix, on the other hand, obviously thought the Stuart version too big. But for some reason she never tried the smaller versions.

It's amazing how versatile this house diamond tiara is! Imo, this is the most beautiful and most balanced version so far.

But there is one think that I don't get: Why on earth is Maxima the first who explores the different versions of this tiara? Queen Juliana wore it frequently, but kept to the excessively large Stuart diamond version. Queen Beatrix, on the other hand, obviously thought the Stuart version too big. But for some reason she never tried the smaller versions.

Aren't you answering your own question? Juliana liked the giant pile of diamonds on her head (and it suited her). Beatrix both found it heavy and chose not to wear it, the way queens often don't choose gems instantly associated with their immediate predecessors. Maxima is neither of them and a great jewelry fan and experimental person in general, so she does what she wants to.

What is the huge looks to be emerald pendant she is wearing at the concert?

The cabouchon emerald is one of the older pieces of the collection. Although the exact history is not completely clear it was supposed to be acquired by one of the Wilhelminas of Prussia (wives of stadholder Willem V and of his son King Willem I).

https://royalwatcherblog.com/2022/05/17/dutch-emerald-pendant/

The emerald is the size of a small egg. It was never worn by Queen Beatrix.

Last edited:
Thank you for that link and the interesting history of the piece. I think I like it best the way princess laurentian wore it

Its one of the jewels I wish was reserved for the Queen ,it was worn on the State Visit to Ireland.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpPtGyAjM3G/

The wonderful IG account "Dutch Royal Jewels" has an old photo of the most recent setting of the House Tiara worn by Queen Maxima. I had never seen this photo before. I assume there must be an instruction manual that comes with the Dutch jewels to understand all their versatility and conversions.

Are there only two versions of the Stuart? I was under the impression Maxima's Sweden setting was something new.

Are there only two versions of the Stuart? I was under the impression Maxima's Sweden setting was something new.

I had also assumed the Swedish version was a Q.Max creation but this photo proves otherwise. I had always understood that there was a "major" and "lesser" version of the House Tiara. Perhaps the German and Luxembourg versions were Max creations, or, the tiara is far more versatile than originally understood.

maxima-herdraagt-iconische-sari-tijdens-zweeds-staatsbanket

In this article you see four versions
https://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/maxima-herdraagt-iconische-sari-tijdens-zweeds-staatsbanket/

Back
Top Bottom