Queen Máxima Jewels 2: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woulde be nice if Queen Máxima would wear the Stuart diamond in other ways, perhaps as brooch or as pendant on a diamond collet necklace

Rather interesting news from Josine Evers, she says that Máxima has received a cabochon emerald ring for her 50th birthday from her late friend Marianna Vardinogiannis (who sadly died last year).

It may be a 90 carat emerald ring from the London jeweler house G by Glenn Spiro.

Last edited:
Yesterday the Queen was at the King WIllem I awards.

Apart from the Bow brooch with the pink diamond of Queen Catherine Pavlovna of Württemberg she was also wearing another 'new' ring.

The big center diamond comes from the dismantled bracelet of the East Indies, It was located in the central part, flanked by the Garuda wings. The ring was only worn once before, by Pss Beatrix in 2017.

Yesterday the Queen was at the King WIllem I awards.

Apart from the Bow brooch with the pink diamond of Queen Catherine Pavlovna of Württemberg she was also wearing another 'new' ring.

The big center diamond comes from the dismantled bracelet of the East Indies, It was located in the central part, flanked by the Garuda wings. The ring was only worn once before, by Pss Beatrix in 2017.

The brooch is fantastic. Wish Maxima would wear it on a plain dress or jacket in such a way that the brooch could get its due prominance.

The brooch was a little too much on a jumpsuit had it been a different outfit it would have been magnificent.

How exiting to see the two pieces together. The dress seems too casual for it though. The upper part is so loose it seems to be a pyama. As a result the jewels are wearing Máxima instead of the other way around, which is rare / a first for HM. Nice to see the tiara on the Queen again though.

That was my first thought when I saw the photo. The tiara as a necklace does look terrible. Some things can be converted and look good. This is not one of them.

The tiara on her head looked fabulous though. I wish she'd just worn that.
This is not a tiara worn as a necklace, the necklace is part of the parure.

How exiting to see the two pieces together. The dress seems too casual for it though. The upper part is so loose it seems to be a pyama. As a result the jewels are wearing Máxima instead of the other way around, which is rare / a first for HM. Nice to see the tiara on the Queen again though.
Not one of Max's best looks.

The neckline of the dress is not the best one to display the necklace at its best. IMO, she should have worn a dress with a deep neck (round, V-neck or square), allowing the necklace to shine. Also, perhaps she should have had the necklace shortened a bit, so it fit better.

The Ruby Peacock Parure is not one of my favourites , the necklace would I think look better as a Tiara .

Nice to see the peacock tiara and necklace worn together. But the neckline of the gown was not the best for the necklace. Most other Queens/Princesses would have omitted a necklace with that gown.
Wonder why the Queen never wear the sash of her dutch Order for this Banquet as the Kings wears his.

This is not a tiara worn as a necklace, the necklace is part of the parure.

Not one of Max's best looks.

The neckline of the dress is not the best one to display the necklace at its best. IMO, she should have worn a dress with a deep neck (round, V-neck or square), allowing the necklace to shine. Also, perhaps she should have had the necklace shortened a bit, so it fit better.

In that case it was a REALLY poorly constructed necklace imo. It looks like a badly converted tiara. And I really dislike the style of it. I generally think it’s difficult to mess up a gem encrusted necklace, but here it is.

The neckline of the dress didn’t work well for this necklace either. Agreed.

The necklace looked better on Amalia, even though she had a transparent cape over it. I think it would have looked very different if the necklace was either completely on the skin or completely on the fabric. I don’t think there is anything wrong with the design of the necklace, it is a pretty piece and I am glad they are now wearing both parts of the parure together. The Queen has worn it once before, also with a red dress, and the necklace looked nice enough.

Last edited:
Yes I thought it was a converted tiara since it looked so off. A better neckline and shortening may help

The necklace is awful, it looks like she is wearing a tiara on her head and a matching one around her neck. I'd also remove that ugly central feature on the actual tiara.

In that case it was a REALLY poorly constructed necklace imo. It looks like a badly converted tiara. And I really dislike the style of it. I generally think it’s difficult to mess up a gem encrusted necklace, but here it is.

The neckline of the dress didn’t work well for this necklace either. Agreed.
Personally, I think the necklace is just fine, and in keeping with the era it was made in. The issue, IMO, is the neckline of the dress. The dress just does not give the necklace the space it needs.

Perhaps they can try the necklace like Pss irene did± without the upper row of diamonds, which feels like a tiara frame.

-
During yesterday's photo session the Queen wore earrings by the American artist Joel Arthur Rosenthal, of the brand JAR. Apparently they cost 4000 Euros. Apparently they are collectors items as he only creates 70 pieces a year.

As always credits to Josine and her team.

Back
Top Bottom