Royal Wedding Cakes

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is 1.5 meters high and consists of 700 macarons in different colours. It was a wish of the bride. She loves macarons.

The same paper has another article that claims that the cake was made after an ideá that came from Madeleine herself. It's basically several hundred macaroons in different colours and tastes.

Here's the article (in swedish): Succétårtan - Maddes idé | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

WOW, a very unique and different cake. I like that! Great!
BYe Bine

Nice that she has chosen something different .The advantage of macarons is that you have differents flavours.

William and Kate's traditional wedding cake was among the most beautiful I have ever seen, too lovely to eat in fact.

On the other hand Madeleine's macaroon confection is not attractive at all, imo.

I thought Madeleine's cake was horrible. One of the worst royal wedding cakes.

I don't think it was horrible...just not traditional. It's just a variation on a theme.

My favorites were Kate and William's cake, followed by Pavlos and Marie Chantal. Kate and Wlliam's cake was perfect, imo. Not too flashy, classy and best of all I bet it tasted good LOL!

Last edited:
I hate fruit cake with a passion so I am not sure I would have enjoyed Will and Kate's cake, but it was certainly lovely to look at.

Gui and Stephanie's was also beautiful and rich looking!:whistling:

Serge Gustave Sender Wayntraub is the name of the pastry chef extraordinaire who made Charles and Diana's cake. He also made Baudouin & Fabiola's as well as cakes for royalty in Great Britain, Sweden, Japan, Belgium, Denmark, Netherlands, Iran, etc. He was commonly referred to as the cake/pastry chef of Kings.

I have looked now for 30 minutes and can not spend any additional time on it, but Baudouin had a VERY specific list of requirements for his wedding cake that made it quite complicated. It could not be over a certain height, etc.

The chef passed away in 2009 and was Belgian, born in the same year as Baudouin. He had a FANTASTIC collection of cooking items from history - many rare books and utensils. Museum quality collection. He is known for his philosophy of being a life-long apprentice.

episcogal I have been searching for years, but I have never seen a photo of Baudouin and Fabiola's wedding cake.

Have you seen it? Can you describe it or upload a picture? Thanks!

No, I have never seen it, but somewhere I have the requirements and at least that will give you an idea. It was a large low cake like a sheet cake almost. When I find that discussion, I'll post it for you. :)

Did any of the wedding cake of the Prince and Princess of Wales {Charles and Diana} ever go up for auction?

The six-tier wedding cake of Princess Grace and Prince Rainier III of Monaco was decorated with Monacan and American flags and topped with a crown.
:monacoflag::usaflag:

Peter and Autumn Phillips cut their wedding cake, which had been made at Buckingham Palace and was laden with sugar-crafted lily of the valley and stephanotis, with a military sword belonging to Peter. :flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

Queen Victoria of England's wedding cake was about fourteen inches in depth or thickness.
It cost more than 100 pounds.
The cake was topped with a figure of Britannia with cupids at her feet. :twohearts::twohearts::twohearts:

Elizabeth, Duchess of York's 1923 wedding cake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaCX1ikXNyQ

Princess Alexandra of Kent's wedding cake stood over 5 foot high and was iced in a traditional Royal Icing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes in the article posted above it says at the end, a piece of Charles and Diana's, Sarah and Andrew's and Anne and Mark's cake went up for auction in 2011.

LaRae

Jordan´s Royal Family- wedding cakes
ImageBam

Jordan´s Royal Family- wedding cakes
ImageBam

Back
Top Bottom