Suggested changes or additional features

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I won't go into a detailed response at the moment but after having a quick look at the Danish forum I agree there's an opportunity for a good clean-up and consolidation. I'm not keen on older threads that have a few posts, or in some cases, no posts apart from the opening post. A scan of the F&M 'Threads in Forum' listing shows an over-enthusiasm for the creation of threads for individual patronages, with some threads having no new posts for over five years. In other words your observation on the excessive number of threads is perfectly valid.

I'll leave this particular issue with the Danish Mods to work through as their time allows.

I use the "new posts" button when I come to the Forum, and then the down-arrows on the threads I want to read. Before the change, I could go through all five pages (or whatever it was that visit) and read the new posts I wanted. Since the change, occasionally I will get a message while I'm reading my new posts saying something like "threads have been updated and may contain unread posts". When that happens, the down-arrow for just unread posts goes away, and I have to guess where to start. That's been a little frustrating, especially for topics that have suddenly become "hot". Is there a way to change this? I'm a member of similar-style boards that don't update while in the "new posts" mode so I know it's possible.:idea:

One other little thing that I'm sure is probably out of your control: as a newcomer to the board and a new member (in the last month) I've spent time going back over old posts. :reading: One frustrating thing is that so many of the linked pictures are no longer available on the older posts. Is there any way to archive pictures anywhere, or are they just gone? :sad:

I've really enjoyed my discovery of this board even though I'll probably spend the vast majority of my time lurking. This is my first post since joining, and it WOULD have to be here ...:lol:

LauraS

Any chance on the RF app there could be a way to delete your posts- it's hard to see the thread names and sometimes I post in wrong place?

This might be really trivial but I'm thinking that perhaps instead of a "last unread" link, it should be "last message posted". Perhaps this is something that is being worked on but I find when I click the "last unread", it takes me to the last message posted. When it has been a while since I've read a certain thread, I find myself having to go back and fish for the last message I did read.

Is it just me?

New thread

Hi all,
I would like to start a new thread but can't figure out how to. I went to FAQ and it says that "I should simply click on the Start Thread button".
I would if I could find it. Having searched for some time I have to admit defeat. :sad: If someone could point me in the general direction of the elusive Start Thread button, I would be most grateful. :flowers:
Thanks

:previous:

If you go into the forum/sub-forum where you wish to create a new thread, and then look to the top left-hand side of the forum listings, you should see a blue 'New Thread' button:

Thanks JessRulz,
I think that is where the problem lies....mine says Reply not New Thread.

When you are looking at an already existing thread, it will say 'Reply' instead of 'New Thread' - meaning if you hit that button, you will reply to the thread you are viewing. Once you get out on to the forum page (where the threads are listed), it should change to 'New Thread'.

When you are looking at an already existing thread, it will say 'Reply' instead of 'New Thread' - meaning if you hit that button, you will reply to the thread you are viewing. Once you get out on to the forum page (where the threads are listed), it should change to 'New Thread'.

You are being very patient :mellow: and I appreciate that but.....I still can't see it. I have started at the very beginning page and gone through each step checking that top left hand spot but still nothing.

I wish there was a "like" button here :) like the Facebook "like" buttons... I think that's an easy and nice way to tell you like something ... (and its an easy way to avoid emty messages like "I agree" "I like this one") =) but maybe that's a facebook copyright thing and impossible in a forum like this... but i like the idea =)

It would be really cool if you guys added a Favicon to this site! (It's that symbol you can put to the left of the url address with the site's logo) It just makes a site look even better/more professional in my opinion. Other than that, you guys have done a great job :butterfly:

TRF already has a Favicon - a little gold crown the same as the sub-forum logo :)

'Favicon', short for 'favourite icon' is simply a branding tool that websites use to distinguish themselves by adding a visual identity to the site's url.

Attachments

• favicon.jpg
    favicon.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 337
I've seen a "thank you" botton on other almost identical fora.
It would be nice with an appreciation/agreement feature, which can be attached to the posts. It takes one second to hit the botton and it doesn't take up space in the form of empty posts.
For those of us who post a lot it's nice and useful to know what is appreciated and what isn't particularly interesting.
- Not to mention that appreciation is a big incentive, not least for new posters.

TRF already has a Favicon - a little gold crown the same as the sub-forum logo :)

Oh thanks, I wonder why it doesn't show up on my computer, I'm using Internet Explorer as my browser but nothing shows up next to the URL address but the internet explorer "e" symbol. Oh well, it's good to know at least some people can see it...

I've seen a "thank you" botton on other almost identical fora.
It would be nice with an appreciation/agreement feature, which can be attached to the posts. It takes one second to hit the botton and it doesn't take up space in the form of empty posts.
For those of us who post a lot it's nice and useful to know what is appreciated and what isn't particularly interesting.
- Not to mention that appreciation is a big incentive, not least for new posters.

Thank you for the suggestion, it be a nice additional feature indeed. We are looking into the possibilities of the software and more information will follow soon!

Favicon

...I wonder why it doesn't show up on my computer, I'm using Internet Explorer as my browser but nothing shows up next to the URL address but the internet explorer "e" symbol.
You're not alone - the TRF crown favicon displays for me in Firefox but not in IE.

Hi, I am a Newbie in this forum and when I adapted my Avatar I couldn't find any pictures of Princess Charlene.
Could you please fill in some nice pictures of her? Thx.

Thx for the info. Great artwork :D

Back
Top Bottom