Support for the Monarchy in the UK 2: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
257px-Royal_Coat_of_Arms_of_the_United_Kingdom_%28Tudor_crown%29.svg.png

Arms of The United Kingdom

Welcome to the thread Support for the Monarchy in the UK, Part 2

Commencing September 1st, 2022

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
The poll results appear to indicate that people have noticed how the monarchy has modernised itself in the last two decades but there's still a significant desire to see more modernisation so the BRF mustn't stagnate (I don't think it will).

What happened around 2010-12 since the figures peaked those years?

Thanks. :flowers:

No wonder then.

Results from You Gov UK's most recent poll taken in early April 2024. It also surveys the nation's views on the monarchy as well as individual members of the British Royal family: KCIII, Queen Camilla, The Wales, The Sussexes along with the King's siblings.

No real surprises regarding the Top 3
Princess of Wales
Prince of Wales
Princess Royal

No real surprises to the bottom 3
Duke of Sussex
Duchess of Sussex
Duke of York

New polling for the BRF from You Gov - Sample Size: 2053 GB, AdultsFieldwork: 1st - 2nd May 2024

1715633847165.png

Consistent ranking with no surprises but the BRF should be encouraged with the strong numbers for all the working royals and the royal family in general in spite of the start to the year they've had.

I don't take much stock in polls, but i do wonder about the 13% who hold a negative view of Catherine, The Princess of Wales. I can't see any negativity in her at all; a loving wife and mother, highly supportive to the Monarchy, also with her own causes, mostly children; perhaps she's too traditional for some people, i don't know.

New polling for the BRF from You Gov - Sample Size: 2053 GB, AdultsFieldwork: 1st - 2nd May 2024

View attachment 303871

Consistent ranking with no surprises but the BRF should be encouraged with the strong numbers for all the working royals and the royal family in general in spite of the start to the year they've had.
I'm glad to see that Sophie is now being included in the polling. These are numbers that most politicians would sell their souls for!!

I don't take much stock in polls, but i do wonder about the 13% who hold a negative view of Catherine, The Princess of Wales. I can't see any negativity in her at all; a loving wife and mother, highly supportive to the Monarchy, also with her own causes, mostly children; perhaps she's too traditional for some people, i don't know.
Some people just don't like monarchy, it doesn't matter which member of the institution we are talking about. I would say that in most cases it's not personal.

From that same survey, attitudes between generations towards members of the royal family do vary quite a lot.

Generations differ on their attitudes to the royals and the monarchy​

When it comes to what the public thinks of the monarchy itself, around half of Britons (56%) hold a positive view of the monarchy, compared to 33% who view it negatively.

But views on the monarchy vary across different age groups, with only a third of the youngest Britons (34% of 18-24 year olds) having a favourable opinion. By contrast, among the oldest Britons (those aged 65 and above) fully 76% have a positive view of the monarchy.

Attitudes towards specific royals also differ, with younger generations having less markedly different views on Harry and William than their elders. Among 18-24 year olds, 48% view William positively, while 42% view Harry in the same light. Among those over 65, William enjoys a favourable view from 85%, while only 16% see Harry similarly.

Similarly, Meghan fares better among 18-24 year olds (36%) than among those over 65, of whom just 11% view her positively.

Very happy to see to Sophie making the poll,no surprises at the bottom 3!

I see Lady Louise is not there. DM has certainly done their bit to promote her. - And to me she seems pretty uncontroversial.

I see Lady Louise is not there. DM has certainly done their bit to promote her. - And to me she seems pretty uncontroversial.
Lady Louise wouldn't be that well known outside us royal watchers,she's also not a working royal and as such was not in the poll .
Its strange that the York sisters were included.

Back
Top Bottom