Sverre Magnus: Current Events 2 / January 2006 - December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it was mentioned earlier that Mette-Marit was with him. Probably the royal family has been visiting the little prince constantly. I hope he gets better and not have to be put in a respirator. Does anyone know if he is in isolation i.e. ICU?

http://www.hola.com/abonados/casasreales/2006/02/08/sverre-ingreso/

Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway was admitted last night to the Rikshospitalet of Oslo, because of a respiratory infection. The Norwegian Royal House confirmed the news and also assured that it is nothing preoccupying.

Around 10:00 p.m., Princess Mette-Marit, dressed in ski clothes, arrived at the clinic in a dark Volvo. There were made no commentaries about where was the Princess coming from, nor if she was with Sverre at the moment of his entrance in the hospital. We don’t know either if the Princes will stay in the hospital while the baby remains there (like they did last week last, when little Sverre was hospitalized in the same institution, due to intestinal problems and risk of dehydration).

Attachments

• sverre-2a.jpg
    sverre-2a.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 220
Poor sweet baby. Luckily the Drs. have admiited to hospital rather than wait. It's traumatic for Mom and Dad, but it's better than waiting because babies can take a turn for the worse rapidly.:(

Katrianna said:
Poor sweet baby. Luckily the Drs. have admiited to hospital rather than wait. It's traumatic for Mom and Dad, but it's better than waiting because babies can take a turn for the worse rapidly.:(
"He has a respiratory infection, but this is completely undramatic," palace information adviser Svein Gjeruldsen told Aftenposten.no

Can you people stop being so dramatic?!

fromEU said:
"He has a respiratory infection, but this is completely undramatic," palace information adviser Svein Gjeruldsen told Aftenposten.no

Can you people stop being so dramatic?!

Well, a nurse friend of mine working with babies said me this kind of infection should be cured rapidely because it can be life threatening if one waits to cure it. That's the whole truth, even if Sverre Magnus is out of danger.

Yes, a respiratory infection on one so little can turn to the worse. Due to the fact that infants have less defense against such infections. These are not simple like an ear infection.

Kids get sick a lot in their first 3 years of life, it is perfectly natural and it's one of the ways in which the body create the defenses for the future, so let's be optimistic and wait for Sverre to get out of the hospital:)

Poor little Sverre..this winter has been a bit hard for him..but he`s strong and cute..he´ll recover at all :eek:

It seems they have changed their minds and the little Prince is staying for another 24 hours in the hospital, but the information secretary Astrid Versto says the doctors informs its nothing dramatic in the decision, Versto will not confirm or deny that he has a virus infection

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=182122

I have problems with my computer and I don't have timefor be in the forum, I am really sad for this news!

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/royals/article1219202.ece

Infant prince still ill

Prince Sverre Magnus, son of Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit, must remain in hospital for another day

The two-month old prince was admitted to the national hospital Rikshospitalet in Oslo on Tuesday afternoon, with a respiratory infection. The prince has problems taking nourishment.

"The prince must remain in hospital at least one more day," said palace information chief Astrid Versto. Versto could neither confirm nor deny that the prince was suffering from a viral infection.

Prince Sverre Magnus was also admitted to Rikshospitalet the previous week, with stomach trouble.

I care very much for the little boy, I hope we will learn tomorrow that he is back with his sis and brother

Wonderful news! I'm sure Haakon & Mette-Marit are relieved to be able to bring Sverre home.

bless their hearts, i'm sure they are weak with relief. so glad to hear the good news

What great news! He's certainly had a rough start since his birth.

So glad to here the little tyke is home :D

Paula** said:
Why he doesn't have the HRH?

It was decided by King Harald that little Prince Sverre Magnus would not have a HRH title. I'm sure it was done in agreement with Haakon and Mette-Marit. It was done so he would have a chance at a normal life when he got older and not under obligation to perform official duties and such. I think he should have one because he is the son of the Crown Prince and the Norwegian Royal Family is small. Besides, he might even enjoy doing royal duties.

soCal girl said:
It was decided by King Harald that little Prince Sverre Magnus would not have a HRH title. I'm sure it was done in agreement with Haakon and Mette-Marit. It was done so he would have a chance at a normal life when he got older and not under obligation to perform official duties and such. I think he should have one because he is the son of the Crown Prince and the Norwegian Royal Family is small. Besides, he might even enjoy doing royal duties.

On the contrary, the royal family themselves want to keep small. The Norwegian royal family have always been small (starting off with 3 members). And I think they also don't want to put upon the government to pay another person's appanage. It might perhaps spurr serious discussions and referendums on whether Norway should become a republic or not (worst case scenario!) Those, in my opinion, are some of the factors they have considered in addition to the things you mentioned.

KikkiB said:
On the contrary, the royal family themselves want to keep small. The Norwegian royal family have always been small (starting off with 3 members). And I think they also don't want to put upon the government to pay another person's appanage. It might perhaps spurr serious discussions and referendums on whether Norway should become a republic or not (worst case scenario!) Those, in my opinion, are some of the factors they have considered in addition to the things you mentioned.

I know the royal family has always been small and want to keep it that way. I just said IMO that Sverre Magnus should be given a HRH because it is small.

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1222924.ece

Infant prince home again

Little Norwegian Prince Sverre Magnus has been released from Norway's National Hospital after spending a few days there last week with a respiratory infection

The two-month-old son of Crown Prince Haakon Magnus and Crown Princess Mette-Marit had been admitted to the hospital (Rikshospitalet) in Oslo last Tuesday evening.

It was the second time in as many weeks that Norway's youngest royal had been in the hospital. Tummy trouble landed him there the week before.
The baby prince is due to be christened in the chapel of the Royal Palace in Oslo early next month.

KikkiB said:

I agree. All monarchies are trying to 'downsize' and that is just what they have to do if they want to survive. I'm sure Sverre will be grateful for his freedom when he is older.
Also, I hear now he is out of hospital, so that's great news!:D

Poor thing, though I'm glad he's doing better. Hope he stays healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom