Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 7: May 2014 - Sept. 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From a blog of a woman whose wife was invited to Sweden Dinner and she of course attended with her.
The woman tells that governor Maria Larsson hosted a little mingle at Hotel Sheraton before they went to the Palace. The governor has of course attended at these dinners before and told how the evening would go on at the Palace. After this woman, Sara, had greeted the royal family the guests went to a room where they were photographed. At the invitation was said that the guests may not take photos during the evening. Sara thought it would have been great to have Victoria as a dinner companion, because Victoria is interested in the harmful chemicals we surround us every day. But she sat with Count Peter Hamilton (the husband of the First Lady of the Court countess Anna Hamilton). At the table to her right sat Prince Carl Philip and at the table behind her sat King Carl Gustaf.
After they had eaten three courses it was time for coffee and liqueurs in another room. Then there was time to mingle with the other guests, including the royal family. Sara felt that now was her chance to talk to Victoria. So she went back where Victoria stood with a group of people. Soon Victoria herself began to talk about that it is so scary with all the foreign chemicals that we can get to us and how sensitive children are particularly for those substances. Sara saw her chance, it felt almost like fate, and she began to tell Victoria about plastics and how they now know that all plastics emit harmful chemicals when it gets hot. There is no plastic that could be proven that it does not emit harmful chemicals when the plastic becomes hot. Victoria told that she tries to use plastics at home as little as possible but that she thought it was so hard because they get so much gifts and often it's plastic toys to the children. Victoria told that she thinks it's so scary with micro plastics. When they were down a beach holiday in Greece recently, they bathed on a pebble beach. When Estelle came up out of the water she was all over covered in a shiny thin membrane over the body. First Victoria thought that it was small grain of sand. Until she realized that the it was a pebble beach and had no sand. It turned out that her daughter was completely covered in a slurry of micro plastics. Victoria told that they didn't go to water at that beach again. Sara talked more about micro plastics and was very happy after their conversation. It was clear that Victoria had great awareness at this matter and Sara began to dream of being able to get Victoria to become a spokesperson for these issues. Sara thinks that with a person with so much influence like Victoria the information and awareness of plastic and its harmful impact on both our health and environment would go out incredibly much faster than it does today. For example, a person at Sara's table at dinner who had not even heard that the plastic could be harmful.
Saras eviga_ Middag med kungafamiljen

I wonder why they all look very smiley in this occasions. Is it because they have to smile to every member who is introduced to them?

Probably yes. Some royals like Victoria look natural doing that though, while others, like King Carl Gustaf perhaps, look fake.

King Carl Gustaf and Victoria met the Minister for Upper Secondary School and Adult Education and Training, Anna Ekström.
Kungen och Kronprinsessan gav företräde för statsrådet Anna Ekström - Sveriges Kungahus

After having met new minister the king and Victoria attended at the Council of State. At the meeting each minister informs the king and the crown princess about political initiatives, reports and pending legislation in their respective ministries and answers questions from the King.
Informationskonselj på Kungliga slottet - Sveriges Kungahus

The Minister for Upper Secondary School and Adult Education and Training, Anna Ekström told to Expressen about her meeting with king Carl Gustaf and crown princess Victoria:
- It was a short discussion, where I had the chance to tell about the issues that I have been given responsibility for. I'm very fond of telling about my issues, so that was nice.
The King and Crown Princess Victoria listened with interest when Ekström, among other things, talked about the situation with many new people having arrived to Sweden and how it affects education.
- I mentioned that we also need to take advantage of adult education and folk high schools and that there are many positive forces in our civil society. Upper secondary education is important, but it is not enough.
How was it to meet the royals as minister for the first time?
- I'm glad of all the chances to tell about my important matters. Both the king and the crown princess are very interested in education issues, so we had a nice time.
About the Council of State Ekström said that for her as a new minister, it was a good review of all other issues, an effective way to hear what her colleagues are working with their ministries.
Nya ministern Anna Ekström mötte Victoria på slottet _ Kungligt _ Expressen

King Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia, Victoria and Daniel met today Margot Wallström, the Minister for Foreign Affairs. The Minister gave a presentation of the foreign politics at the meeting.
Kungaparet och Kronprinsessparet i möte med utrikesministern - Sveriges Kungahus

This time the court publishes also a HQ photo of the meeting
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200...allström_Foto_Henrik_Garlöv_Kungahuset.se.jpg

From Expressen
Only a few days ago the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Margot Wallström was at the state visit in Germany with the king and queen.
On Monday afternoon Wallström arrived to the Palace for a special presentation to the king, the queen, Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel.
- The foreign minister was here to inform the royal family in foreign policy matters. From time to time this is done. It depends on what happens, said director of the press department Margareta Thorgren.
The visit took place just a half day after the highly publicized election debate between presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. Earlier on Monday Margot Wallström met also the EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs Federica Mogherini who visited Stockholm. The two talked about the war in Syria, security in the immediate area and the EU's global strategy for foreign and security policy.
But neither the court or Wallström would confirm if there were issues that even the royal family were informed.
- There's nothing we can comment on what was discussed about.
- There was a briefing on the major foreign policy issues, says Erik Wirkensjö, Wallström's press secretary.
Margot Wallströms besök hos kungafamiljen _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Previously today the king, Victoria, Daniel and Carl Philip met Krister Bringéus, Swedish ambassador for the Arctic Region.

Last edited:
If the kids are not weel, she is absolutely justified. It seems to be true as the spokewoman of the court said that the situation changed during the night.

How are the dresses displayed? You can't see the layout clearly.

According to Expressen, Leonore has been stomach sick and now Madeleine is sick too.
- An exhibition of love, said the queen initially in her speech.
Silvia continued:
- These creations are part of the Swedish royal history. But for me, they symbolize also important milestones in our family. Therefore, it feels a little extra solemn to inaugurate the exhibition with my daughter, Crown Princess Victoria, and my daughter-in-law Princess Sofia. Princess Madeleine is not here.
The queen spoke about Princess Lillian's wedding with Prince Bertil, where she attended.
- It was a beautiful and heartfelt wedding. Although it was a rainy winter day there was so much warmth and love, between the two who fought so long and had been through so much together. It is also a welcome return to see one's own wedding dress as nicely presented.
Queen Silvia took the opportunity to address a particularly affectionate greeting to her daughter Victoria, and daughter-in-law Sofia.
- Dear Victoria and Sofia, the dresses here remind me not only about yours and Madeleine's wedding, but also that I have had the great fortune to have children who followed their hearts.
Prinsessan Madeleine magsjuk – hoppade av invigning _ Kungligt _ Expressen

At the exhibition are also on display the accessories, dresses worn at the pre-wedding dinner, outfits of the bridal children.
Gallery
Stort bildspel! Se unika fotona från klänningsutställningen på slottet _ Svensk Damtidning

Här inviger kronprinsessan, prinsessan Sofia och drottningen brudutställningen på slottet _ Svensk Damtidning

Also copies of the bridal bouquets are at the exhibition
https://beta.tt.se/bild/q=kungliga brudklänningar 20161017

Last edited:
These pictures are beautiful. Just stunning. I'm surprised a white purse was included at Victoria's gown. I have never seen it.

Last edited:
Lovely exhibit. Even more in love with Victoria's dress:flowers:

Totally understandable Madeleine stayed home if her two small kids are ill. It's not like they are in Stockholm and she would only be gone for an hour or two. And if her own stomach isn't doing well, I highly doubt an airplane would help.

this exposition looks very fun! i wish all the royal families did something similar once the current generation gets married.

a couple of questions:
- i wonder if they also added sofia's second wedding dress to the exhibit? i don't think victoria or madeleine had a 2nd wedding dress, but sofia did, so i wonder if it is included.

- also, i liked that they added victoria and madeleine's pre-wedding dresses. is sofia's there too, somewhere else perhaps?

this exposition looks very fun! i wish all the royal families did something similar once the current generation gets married.

a couple of questions:
- i wonder if they also added sofia's second wedding dress to the exhibit? i don't think victoria or madeleine had a 2nd wedding dress, but sofia did, so i wonder if it is included.

- also, i liked that they added victoria and madeleine's pre-wedding dresses. is sofia's there too, somewhere else perhaps?

You can see in this gallery that they included Madeleine's second dress (which was originally Silvia's dress) and Sofia's second dress. Vickan didn't have a second dress.

Sofia pre-wedding dress did not seem to be included, so I wonder if she got rid of it? like it was only a loan? Or maybe Madeleine & Vickan's were included because they were both Elie Saab.

You can see in this gallery that they included Madeleine's second dress (which was originally Silvia's dress) and Sofia's second dress. Vickan didn't have a second dress.

Sofia pre-wedding dress did not seem to be included, so I wonder if she got rid of it? like it was only a loan? Or maybe Madeleine & Vickan's were included because they were both Elie Saab.

thank you! you are very eagle eyed :flowers:

indeed! i forgot that madeleine also had a second dress, but i didn't know (or remembered) that it was one of silvia's gala dresses! sweet detail that madeleine used her mum's wedding dress for the private gathering. do we have pictures of silvia wearing it?

here's a link with pictures.
The Royal Source: Madeleine's second wedding dress

i now see sofia's second dress. i hope we get more detailed pictures of it as we only saw the top part of it, through the balcony. was the second dress made also by the designer of the first dress, ida sjöstedt?

EDIT: a picture of the 2nd dress. it looks like it has embroidery in the front.

sofia's veil, by the way, was really pretty.

Last edited:
thank you! you are very eagle eyed :flowers:

indeed! i forgot that madeleine also had a second dress, but i didn't know (or remembered) that it was one of silvia's gala dresses! sweet detail that madeleine used her mum's wedding dress for the private gathering. do we have pictures of silvia wearing it?

here's a link with pictures.
The Royal Source: Madeleine's second wedding dress

i now see sofia's second dress. i hope we get more detailed pictures of it as we only saw the top part of it, through the balcony. was the second dress made also by the designer of the first dress, ida sjöstedt?

EDIT: a picture of the 2nd dress. it looks like it has embroidery in the front.

sofia's veil, by the way, was really pretty.

We do! Silvia wore it to the 2001 Nobel Prize. Here is a post I did about it back in 2013.

The shoes caught my eye. Victoria's shoes look Pilgrim-y with the diamond buckles. Madeleine's were strappy with pearls. Sofia's were plain but I don't understand showing the scuffs on the bottom for the exhibit; and the tack-on platform looks like it was made to prevent the wearer from slipping and falling.

The shoes caught my eye. Victoria's shoes look Pilgrim-y with the diamond buckles. Madeleine's were strappy with pearls. Sofia's were plain but I don't understand showing the scuffs on the bottom for the exhibit; and the tack-on platform looks like it was made to prevent the wearer from slipping and falling.

i was confused about this way of displaying sofia's shoes too - my guess is that the platform was 'heart shaped' so they wanted to show it because it is a wedding exhibit?

Poland’s President Andrzej Duda will visit Sweden on 30 November–1 December. King Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia, crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel attend a lunch with him at the Royal Palace on 30 November.
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus

According to the calendar, the king, queen and Daniel attended in the evening at assembly evening of the Court Parish at the Royal Palace.

The king, queen, Victoria and Daniel met the President of Poland, Andrzej Duda and his wife at the Royal Palace and hosted a lunch for them.
APA-Picturedesk
ROYAL: Die schwedischen Royals empfangen den polnischen Präsidenten

Kungaparet gav lunch för Polens presidentpar - Sveriges Kungahus

Photos by Henrik Montgomery
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010050011Q1480516392325893
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010050021Q1480516392325893
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010050031Q1480516392325893
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010050041Q1480516392325893
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010050051Q1480516392325893
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010050061Q1480516392325893

Photos from the President's Twitter
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CygtaUEXcAA2B5m.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cygteb9XUAAYxZC.jpg

Video
Polska presidenten lunchar på slottet

After the meeting with the President of Poland, the king, queen, Victoria and Daniel met Margot Wallström, the Minister for Foreign Affairs.
A couple of times a year the Minister for Foreign Affairs with her staff meets the royal couple and crown princess couple to discuss about the planning of state visits and official trips. The Ministry for Foreign Affairs makes proposals to state visits.
Kungaparet och Kronprinsessparet i möte med utrikesministern - Sveriges Kungahus

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom