The Cost of A Royal Wedding

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read an artical about the Emanuels (David and Elizabeth) who designed and made Princess Diana's wedding dress. From what I recall, they did not intend to charge a fee for the dress but Princess Diana's mother, Frances Shand-Kydd, insisted on paying something, so they accepted a token amount of 2000 guinees ( a guinee is about £1.05 which equates to the dress costing £2100.00). That was over 27 years ago so not sure how much it would be in today's prices.

Maxima's dress wasn't over the top expensive for a Crownprincess if you ask me. The veil may have been expensive, it was a magnificent piece of work and I hope one day her daugthers can wear it on their wedding. Mabel's dress (the hideous one with al the bows) costed the same or even more.

to suppose
Diana & Charles
Maxima & W.Alexander
Letizia & Felipe's royal wedding

Are you sure you didn't forget a 0? :lol: I can't believe Letizia's gown was so (relatively) cheap... :ermm:

The gown was created by Pertegaz, a designer "cheap" in comparation with other gown's designer ;)

Do you know how much money spent the Iranian Imperial House with the gowns of Soraya and Farah Diba? (The two by Dior).

Regards!!

Back
Top Bottom