The Danish Orders and Monograms

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I completely agree. A friend of my family is going through a rough divorce and she's got reminders of him all over her house....pictures, things they bought together, souvenirs of trips they took, etc. I can't imagine having to look at reminders of happier days when I feel like happy days are long gone.

At least it's just monogramed stuff. He could live with it or he might want to keep it for the kids. It might be cheaper to reupholster things too. But then he may feel differently about it. My friend is getting divorced also and has to look at her ex's deer heads on the wall as well as other hunting & fishing stuff. If it were me I'd box it all up and tell him he has a month or whatever to come get it or it's going to the dump!

It'd be interesting to see what they do about the gate!

It will be M with the same crown as Alexandra had. - Principal crown like Joachim has, I think.

Is it Alexandra's new crown, right Countess Alexandra of Frederiksborg

What I meant above is that I'm curious about how the monogram will look because it will be another "M" monogram (like the queen's and Mary's) and obviously Mary and Marie can't have the same monogram, so the queen will have to come up with something to differentiate the two "M"s. The queen's, of course, is very distinct anyway, so it's not a problem to distinguish hers from the princesses. I'm interested to see what she'll do to differentiate Mary's and Marie's.

It is a beautiful monogram. I love the way - the two J's for Joachim - is turned into a heart. :wub:

I think you mean Princess Marie :ROFLMAO:

Upps!!!!:lol:

I wonder if the feature Princess Marie wiil has a single monogram...
Did has Alexandra her own monogram?

Last edited:
It is a beautiful monogram. I love the way - the two J's for Joachim - is turned into a heart. :wub:
Exactly.

I think it is very elegant, yet while also being slightly modern - not too many frills going on. The form of the letters looked a bit like Joachim's personal monogram to me, so I wasn't surprised to discover that he is the one who has designed this one as well.

I wonder if the feature Princess Marie wiil has a single monogram...
Did has Alexandra her own monogram?

Alexandra has her own monogram, which can be seen at the startpage of her homepage: Grevinde Alexandra af Frederiksborg It was also designed by Joachim. :flowers:

I think it is highly probable that Marie will also get a monogram of her own.

Last edited:
I think it was desing by Prince Joachim and Ronny Andersen.

I think it was desing by Prince Joachim and Ronny Andersen.

The official quote says that it was designed by HRH Prince Joachim, with heraldic help from Ronny Andersen, that is correct :flowers:

Alexandra has her own monogram, which can be seen at the startpage of her homepage: Grevinde Alexandra af Frederiksborg It was also designed by Joachim. :flowers:

I think it is highly probable that Marie will also get a monogram of her own.

So Alexandra is ussing the same monagram that when she was Princess of Denmark, I thought that she would has a new monogram to become Countess..

Last edited:
^ ^ ^ I think the crown over the letter A was changed when she became a Countess but I'm not 100% sure!

^ ^ ^ I think the crown over the letter A was changed when she became a Countess but I'm not 100% sure!

It was. When she was a Princess, she had the same crown over the letter A as the one over the monogram of Joachim and Marie. The one she has now is a crown of a Countess - the letter though - is still the same.

It was. When she was a Princess, she had the same crown over the letter A as the one over the monogram of Joachim and Marie. The one she has now is a crown of a Countess - the letter though - is still the same.
Thank you, I remembered reading something about it but I wasn't sure :flowers:

I like it! However, I believe the M looks a bit too similar to Mary's.
They are similar but I think Marie's has a softer, feminine look. I guess that there is only so many ways that they could do the M, they have three of them now :lol:

I really like Joachim & Marie's monogram - especially how (as another poster noted) that the two Js are turned inwards to make a heart :wub::wub:

It's a really beautiful monogram, I love it.
I didn't know that Joachim inherited his mother's artistic talent. :)

I like it! However, I believe the M looks a bit too similar to Mary's.

I agree. It's the same M, just longer in design and not as thick.

I, to be honest, think the M should be smaller than the J's. She is afterall only the wife, not the royal by blood. Frederik and Mary's monogram displays the F's higher than the M and I think it should be the same in this case.

I agree. It's the same M, just longer in design and not as thick.

I, to be honest, think the M should be smaller than the J's. She is afterall only the wife, not the royal by blood. Frederik and Mary's monogram displays the F's higher than the M and I think it should be the same in this case.

I too was hoping that the J higher would be higher than the M sort of like this:
510.jpg

I think the J (shaped like a heart) could certainly enclose the M.

For Joachim and Alexandra's joint monogram, the A was higher than the J so this must be Joachim's preference.

-Ayvee

I too was hoping that the J higher would be higher than the M sort of like this:
510.jpg

I think the J (shaped like a heart) could certainly enclose the M.

For Joachim and Alexandra's joint monogram, the A was higher than the J so this must be Joachim's preference.

-Ayvee

I agree. The J hypher could certainly enclose the M, but as you have mentioned, it must be Joachim's preference.

I LOVE how the J's wrap around the M to form a heart. Love it!!!

I'm certainly in the minority here since I don't like it. I don't like the font style of the two Js. A little too modern for my taste.

I really like the monogram. Did Joachim design his joint monogram with Alexandra too? I know the Queen designs the rest of the monograms... (speaking of, when are we going to see Isabella's monogram?).

I like the monogram. The two "J" look to me like a heart. Oh my god, what a lot of love.

That's odd. I always thought Marie's manogram would be M-A (for Marie-Agathe) since Crown Princess Mary's is M.

King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden and King Constatine II of the Hellnes are also Grand Commanders of the Dannebrog. The Grand Commander is given to Royal with close family ties to the Danish Royal House. Constatine married Anne-Marie, sister of Queen Margrethe. Margrethe's mother, Ingrid was the aunt of Carl XVI Gustaf.

Does the little princess have her monogram yet?

Back
Top Bottom