The Duchess of Sussex's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The polo look is lovely although the shoes may be questioned. It reminds me of her Stella McCartney halter-top wedding party gown which was exquisite.

I agree- the dress looks very nice on her, the only part of the outfit that I don’t like/think is out of place are the shoes. If you look at the photos, everyone else is in flats or wedges because of the grass. Wedges would have looked nice with this.

The polo outfit was another one that didn’t fit right. The top was terrible. Of course, it was beige. If it had fit right, it would have been okay though. I saw the original dress on a model- the cutout was much smaller, which was the better look imo.

The stilettos didn’t suit the location.

Her sunglasses were entirely too big for her frame. They overwhelmed her.

The polo look is lovely although the shoes may be questioned. It reminds me of her Stella McCartney halter-top wedding party gown which was exquisite.

If the polo dress had fit the way her halter top wedding reception dress had fit- this dress would have looked so much better. It’s a style that works on her.

That was one of the few show stoppers I’ve ever seen her wear.

It doesn't seem like a suitable outfit for a sports event, but then, I'm not familiar with polo clothing, maybe that's dressier than the norm. I really don't care for it.
Neither do I. It’s one of those “a designer did this so it’s supposed to be cool” kind of dress. Now I really liked Meghan’s ceremony dress after her wedding which is a similar idea sort of but it was very flattering on her while this dress (the dress not Meghan) just tries too hard.

If the polo dress had fit the way her halter top wedding reception dress had fit- this dress would have looked so much better. It’s a style that works on her.

That was one of the few show stoppers I’ve ever seen her wear.
Well, I wrote practically the same thing before reading yours :)

Not a fan of this look. Its the top portion that doesn't fit her correctly. I also don't like the cutout motif, had the top fit better, maybe it would have worked.

Last edited:
I am not sure about the dress, too long for a start, also not sure about the low back. Is it appropriate.

The cut of the dress is actually nice on Meghan, I don't care for the color, it matches her skin tone to closely. If this had been a great floral print I think it would have been wonderful. Or maybe even a pretty kelly green, which is a good color on her.

The dress is pretty, but too long. The backless look doesn't fit with the occasion. If they are in Nigeria for a vacation and not at the invitation of members of the government (or whoever invited them), then the dress might suit. As it is, in my view the occasion calls for something comfortable in the heat, but closer to something one might wear to the office on a hot day.

The first images of H&M in Abuja have appeared. The back of the dress seems quite a deep cut.

Ok, I was going to skip this and keep my mouth in check, until I saw the picture.

A nude illusion backless dress running below the shoes and dragging the dress on the grass? And was for a school visit during the daytime? A comment I read on X/Twitter points out this is a very religious country, and you just don't wear that to school to meet with kids.

Since this is a visit where there's an emphasis on Meghan finding her roots in front of the camera staff, I would have preferred her to have a dress made with traditional local fabrics or colors like the beautiful lady trailing behind her. This was a missed opportunity.

Last edited:
I was thinking if I can write something nice about this attire. Unfortunately not. Hair- unkempt, stringy. Dress- open back! ( She's not working royal anymore, it's not an official tour and she's not obliged to respect any dress code but still.....). And the dress is so long that's trailing on the floor.... I suppose because it's rented and therofore not adjusted to her silhouette. And why so much bronzer on her face? If she wanted to "enhance" her Nigerian heritage she should have put it also on her arms and back because the difference is simply striking. In short words- BIG NO!

I was thinking if I can write something nice about this attire. Unfortunately not. Hair- unkempt, stringy. Dress- open back! ( She's not working royal anymore, it's not an official tour and she's not obliged to respect any dress code but still.....). And the dress is so long that's trailing on the floor.... I suppose because it's rented and therofore not adjusted to her silhouette. And why so much bronzer on her face? If she wanted to "enhance" her Nigerian heritage she should have put it also on her arms and back because the difference is simply striking. In short words- BIG NO!
My issue with the dress is not about following a royal dress code. It is about how inappropriate it is to wear a dress like that for a day time event anywhere, barring perhaps a poolside lunch by the beach.

And that is before you factor in that Nigeria is a country where roughly half the population is Muslim. Or that the dress was too long for her.

Bare back and shoulders does not seem appropriate to me. Especially for a daytime visit to a school in a conservative country. Although, even if they were doing a day event in Denmark or the Netherlands, I would probably say the same thing.
I could not agree more!

The cut of the dress is actually nice on Meghan, I don't care for the color, it matches her skin tone to closely. If this had been a great floral print I think it would have been wonderful. Or maybe even a pretty kelly green, which is a good color on her.
Meghan said she doesnt wear colours.

I do not like the peach-colored maxi dress for on her. The bare back seemed inappropriate and unflattering to her skin tone.

On the other hand, that white pants suit was dynamite. Fitted, flattering and appropriate. A fabulous look on her. She really knocked it out of the park with that.

Once again not appropriated dress for Meghan! During volleyball matches she was wearing a dress with nice pattern but uncovering her arms, chest and with too long cut. And these flaps on her feet! Was she told that it will be a barbecue party on the beach or something similar? Second attire - she looked as in the last moment caught something from her wardrobe and unfortunately it was a white sheet... so for me it's another BIG NO!

Back
Top Bottom