The Family of Princess Sofia - The Hellqvists

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks more like an elk to me.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
. Thank you for the Elk comment. Honestly for a woman who volunteers with the RSPCA I am a disgrace! Next question, why is that lady holding paperwork with Elk's on it?

@Lady Finn - if the couple and family are wanting the wedding to be a private affair, as previously stated, why are pictures of the ceremony and reception splashed all over Instagram, which is basically a public forum? It's one thing if the paps are outside and getting pictures; it's another when interior shots are published. By doing this they are signaling they want attention, unless they asked their guests not to publicize photos but they did it anyway.

@Lady Finn - if the couple and family are wanting the wedding to be a private affair, as previously stated, why are pictures of the ceremony and reception splashed all over Instagram, which is basically a public forum? It's one thing if the paps are outside and getting pictures; it's another when interior shots are published. By doing this they are signaling they want attention, unless they asked their guests not to publicize photos but they did it anyway.

I don't see that they are signaling that they want attention. Many of their friends who have been invited to the wedding, have open Instagrams. There may be a simple reason - neither Lina or Jonas haven't remembered the whole thing, they haven't remembered to ask that the photos wouldn't have been put to Instagram. Especially if neither of them uses Instagram they perhaps haven't thought about that. Or they don't understand how easy it is to find the photos, even though people wouldn't have registered to Instagram.
And it is also possible that they changed their minds about the private wedding after Jonas said that to the press.

A new article about the wedding at Svensk Damtidning with photos of the happy couple, Sofia and Sara. Photos taken by photographer Patrik Österberg.
"Sofia beamed beside Lina"
Sofia strålade vid Linas sida _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Lina and mother Marie
https://instagram.com/p/6ur13OBiOQ/?tagged=jonasochlina2015

The photos taken by photographer Partik Österberg at various photo agencies.
"Lina Hellqvist married Mr. Jonas Frejd aboard on the ship M / S Borgila in the harbor of Stockholm. The festivities started with champagne 10:00 local time for the around 80 invited guests. The couple was married on the sundeck at 17 o 'clock, with the City Hall as a backdrop decor. Prince Carl Philip Witnessed the wedding ceremony, a few meters from the bridal couple".
APA-Picturedesk
PA Images

At least Dana Press has photos from the wedding too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though there are photos from their marriage is so bad? If you want the wedding photographers are so bad? Their marriage is that they want do. By the way beautiful couple and our own free ;)

What a happy summer for the Hellqvist family.

It looks to have been a very elegant but low-key wedding with a few friends and family. The venue was quite romantic and everfyone seemed relaxed and happy.

I thought the bride looked beautiful and I loved her gown, better yet, I thought her sister's ensembles were quite lovely. I loved the color and the heavy lacy effect. Either of them could wear it again at some future time.

Exactly like you say MARG. A low-key beautiful wedding.

There are, as far as I can tell, no official pictures released from the wedding. It's just paparazzi pictures, and pictures posted on social media by friends of the bride and groom. Nothing unusual.

. Thank you for the Elk comment. Honestly for a woman who volunteers with the RSPCA I am a disgrace! Next question, why is that lady holding paperwork with Elk's on it?
To me it looks like a napkin. Whether it's paper or cloth, I can't make out. Elks must be the inoficial symbol of Sweden, at least that's how they are perceived where I am from. I don't find it strange that the lady is toying with a napkin, since she doesn't seem to be aware of the camera.
There are, as far as I can tell, no official pictures released from the wedding. It's just paparazzi pictures, and pictures posted on social media by friends of the bride and groom. Nothing unusual.
I agree, nothing unusual. It's not the couple's fault that the press is interested in their wedding. And I don't see why they should turn their wedding into a high security afair and treat it as a state secret.

I was able to view these photos earlier today but someone had been paying attention and the photo with Sofia has been removed. Posted by mistake probably.

I see nothing wrong. When the youngest brother of Queen Máxima married in Vienna, press was everywhere too. It is just something they can not escape.

When the Hellqvists are deciding to talk to the press and release details of their lives in the media (social or otherwise) they are going to be subject to scrutiny. If the Hellqvists are careful they'll become the Middletons, and that family has been dragged in the press and comment blogs to the point it spilled over on Duchess Kate.

When the Hellqvists are deciding to talk to the press and release details of their lives in the media (social or otherwise) they are going to be subject to scrutiny. If the Hellqvists are careful they'll become the Middletons, and that family has been dragged in the press and comment blogs to the point it spilled over on Duchess Kate.

Wow, you really are the harbinger of Hellqvist doom, aren't you :lol:

People working in the media make money from selling articles and/or photos of someone who is in the public eye. That is what their business is all about. At present one of those people in Sweden is P Sofia. Therefore the media will take what ever steps necessary to be in the right place at the right time to get what they are after with or without any "help" from the Hellqvists. Prince CP obviously very much likes his new in-laws so hopefully he will help them, where he can, deal with this intrusion into their lives. I have seen nothing, but then I live overseas, that indicates that the Hellqvists have gone out of their way to attract the media attention. I feel sorry for the Middletons because IMO the media is the cause to a large extent, by constantly having photos and articles on them, of much of the public animosity towards them. If they go and see a tennis match at Wimbeldon of course the media will take photos. They are hardly going to take a photo of some unknown in the crowd and splash them around as there is no money to be made.

I see nothing wrong. When the youngest brother of Queen Máxima married in Vienna, press was everywhere too. It is just something they can not escape.
And just wait until Pippa gets married.

The picture is actually moose ( which is different from elk) and is a very popular animal in Sweden. Very frequently depicted on just about everything. We call the moose the King of the Forest, (Skogens Konung)and is the reason why the Volvo is built with such attention to safety. Sweden today has about 3-400,000 moose (even though 100,000 are killed each year during the hunting season) and a collision with a moose most likely will result in a fatality of driver and passenger. There is even an established test for evaluating vehicles manueverability that is called the Swedish Moose Test. It looks as if the women in the photo is holding a linen napkin or small table clothes with a moose motif. About as Swedish as you can get.

The picture is actually moose ( which is different from elk) and is a very popular animal in Sweden. Very frequently depicted on just about everything. We call the moose the King of the Forest, (Skogens Konung)and is the reason why the Volvo is built with such attention to safety. Sweden today has about 3-400,000 moose (even though 100,000 are killed each year during the hunting season) and a collision with a moose most likely will result in a fatality of driver and passenger. There is even an established test for evaluating vehicles manueverability that is called the Swedish Moose Test. It looks as if the women in the photo is holding a linen napkin or small table clothes with a moose motif. About as Swedish as you can get.
Thank you for that, that is lovely. I will resist saying I am moosted grateful:)

It looks to have been a very elegant but low-key wedding with a few friends and family. The venue was quite romantic and everfyone seemed relaxed and happy.

I thought the bride looked beautiful and I loved her gown, better yet, I thought her sister's ensembles were quite lovely. I loved the color and the heavy lacy effect. Either of them could wear it again at some future time.

The photos taken by photographer Partik Österberg at various photo agencies.
"Lina Hellqvist married Mr. Jonas Frejd aboard on the ship M / S Borgila in the harbor of Stockholm. The festivities started with champagne 10:00 local time for the around 80 invited guests. The couple was married on the sundeck at 17 o 'clock, with the City Hall as a backdrop decor. Prince Carl Philip Witnessed the wedding ceremony, a few meters from the bridal couple".
APA-Picturedesk
PA Images

At least Dana Press has photos from the wedding too.
j

Very lovely pics. Seemed like a nice relaxed day. The Hellqvist family are having a wonderful summer it seems.
Is it usual to have such a long day for a wedding. Start at 10:00 and go until so late.

Certainly someone spotted cameras...

the bridesmaids dresses were beyond awful IMO! And Sofia's ponytail didn't do anything but worsen the outifit...

Lina, on the contrary, looked quite classy and refined... Beautiful bride.

Last edited:
Certainly someone spotted cameras...

the bridesmaids dresses were beyond awful IMO! And Sofia's ponytail didn't do anything but worsen the outfit...

Lina, on the contrary, looked quite classy and refined... Beautiful bride.

I imagine they saw the photographers but chose to ignore them rather than have them spoil the special day. Sure they could have tried to get rid of them but I doubt that would actually work. They were trying to have a normal family wedding but they had unwanted paps- not much they could do. Some might suggest that they could have chosen a more discreet location but that would be giving into the paps and changing what they wanted for their wedding. I really think they did the best they could with what was presented them. They did not change what they wanted for their wedding and just accepted that the paps were apart of the territory of having their family apart of the public spotlight now.

I imagine they saw the photographers but chose to ignore them rather than have them spoil the special day. Sure they could have tried to get rid of them but I doubt that would actually work. They were trying to have a normal family wedding but they had unwanted paps- not much they could do. Some might suggest that they could have chosen a more discreet location but that would be giving into the paps and changing what they wanted for their wedding. I really think they did the best they could with what was presented them. They did not change what they wanted for their wedding and just accepted that the paps were apart of the territory of having their family apart of the public spotlight now.

I think they knew pretty well that the location of the wedding would have been revealed and I also think they kind of expected paparazzi. Even with a more discreet location/wedding ceremony paparazzi would have find them IMO. So let it be.

I'm not a fan of the bridesmaids' dresses either. They look like large crochet doilies culled together to make a dress. This is not about income, either. I've seen dresses and gowns coming out of famous design houses that look hideous and I've seen ones from department stores and consignment shops that look beautiful.

Not all the pictures from the wedding are pap shots. There are pictures out that are from inside the reception. Unless some pap managed to get inside posing as a waiter/waitress, these pictures being released by the family or guests. And in some pictures people are posing.

i guess it's somehow inevitable that family and friends will tweet and post on FB pictures of a wedding...

i guess it's somehow inevitable that family and friends will tweet and post on FB pictures of a wedding...

Not really. No pictures was, to my knowledge, posted online from the ceremony and dinner when Prince Daniel's sister Anna Söderström married in 2012. If Lina and Jonas wanted to they could've asked people not to post pictures on public Instagram and Facebook accounts. Either they didn't think there'd be any interest in their wedding pictures from the media or maybe they don't care about the possibility of pictures going public.

Last edited:
Not really. No pictures was, to my knowledge, posted online from the ceremony and dinner when Prince Daniel's sister Anna Söderström married in 2012. If Lina and Jonas wanted to they could've asked people not to post pictures on public Instagram and Facebook accounts. Either they didn't think there'd be any interest in their wedding pictures from the media or maybe they don't care about the possibility of pictures going public.

The pictures of Sofia and CP are no longer available at least from here.

:previous: The instagram photos are not available anymore but regardless, why do people want to rain on the bride and groom's day. The SRF was not exploited in any way. What more do people want?

As to the FB and Instagram posts, I think we live in an age where it is quite normal to take a photo and automatically upload it. So they did, realised the mistake and took them down, End of story.

Anna Westling got married in 2011. Anna Westling is much more private person than Lina Hellqvist. Anna and Mikael Söderström got married at the Gävle Concert Hall, and the party was held at an unknown place. Anna and Mikael had ensured that their wedding would be very private by inviting only their closest people, there were only about 20 guests at their wedding.

Anna Westling got married in 2011. Anna Westling is much more private person than Lina Hellqvist. Anna and Mikael Söderström got married at the Gävle Concert Hall, and the party was held at an unknown place. Anna and Mikael had ensured that their wedding would be very private by inviting only their closest people, there were only about 20 guests at their wedding.
Kronprinsessan strålade när prinsens syster gifte sig | Nyheter | Expressen

One of numerous photos in the newspapers and magazines when Prince Daniel's sister got married. Neither the wedding venue nor date was a secret.

Last edited:

One of numerous photos in the newspapers and magazines when Prince Daniel's sister got married. Neither the wedding venue nor date was a secret.

All those pictures are taken outside the venues of the ceremony and the party, no pictures were to my knowledge leaked to the press from the inside. Victoria and Daniel chose to pose for some pics to keep the media happy.
You're right in that Anna Söderström is a lot more private and discrete than Lina Hellqvist and Jonas Frejd but it's not as if the later two are courting the press. To me it's more as if they're not yet aware of how big an impact being closely related to royalty can have on their lives if they're not careful.
Anna Söderström and the whole Westling family seem to have made the choice early on to keep a very low profile. Their integrity and discretion must be one of the reasons why Victoria care for them as much as she seemingly does.

Last edited:

I didn't mean that, I meant the photos people leak out from the wedding to the social media so that the press gets them.

Like I wrote earlier to this thread about the wedding of Anna Westling:
Normally the press finds out when a family member of a royal gets married. When Daniel's sister got married, Expressen, Aftonbladet and the local press published photos of them the next day, but they hadn't told to the press before the wedding that they are getting married. The press wrote that despite much secrecy surrounding the wedding had a small crowd of journalists and photographers gathered before the wedding. And Daniel said to the press that the families hoped to keep the wedding private, and that is why he and Victoria came out to be photographed. Because Victoria was pregnant then, the press was following their every footstep.

I'm not a fan of the bridesmaids' dresses either. They look like large crochet doilies culled together to make a dress. This is not about income, either. I've seen dresses and gowns coming out of famous design houses that look hideous and I've seen ones from department stores and consignment shops that look beautiful.

Not all the pictures from the wedding are pap shots. There are pictures out that are from inside the reception. Unless some pap managed to get inside posing as a waiter/waitress, these pictures being released by the family or guests. And in some pictures people are posing.

We are very well aware that you are not a fan of anything that is connected to Sofia, so no surprise there.

Back
Top Bottom