The Lascelles Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marion was Austrian-born and a concert pianist. The Lascelles marriage eventually collapsed after he, by then the Earl of Harewood, began living with another woman. He later had a child with her before they married.

Marian had two sons with George Lascelles and refused him a divorce for a very long time. She eventually married Jeremy Thorpe, the Liberal leader, whose career was later ended in a huge scandal.

George Lascelles, The Earl of Harewood was not invited to the wedding of the Queen's daughter, Princess Anne.

Hardly surprising really. He was considered in disgrace, having, years before left his wife for an Australian model and violinist. He had a child with her before they were able to marry. Even though the Earl was married to his second wife at the time of Princess Anne's wedding his exclusion from Royal family events lasted a long, long time.

Was he in disgrace or was it just that as a divorced man he was not considered suitable for big royal events?

I think it was the Earl's behaviour BEFORE he got divorced that irritated the Queen. His wife Marion had been very loyal to him, had borne him three sons, and he had been unfaithful for a long time before he even told her about his new love. And then there was the illegitimate son. I just don't think the Queen wanted him around her at family events. Of course after the divorce he remarried and the Queen eventually had to come to terms with it. A bit like Charles and Camilla, I suppose. Times long past, eh!

Last edited:
I And then there was the illegitimate son. I just don't think the Queen wanted him around her at family events. Of course after the divorce he remarried and the Queen eventually had to come to terms with it. A bit like Charles and Camilla, I suppose. Times long past, eh!

but the infidelity isn't that unusual in that class. Look at Dickie and Edwina
.. however producing an illegitimate child by a woman who was "marriageable" was a bit of a mistake.

Ellen Lascelles baby

Has anyone heard about Ellen Lascelles, daughter of Jeremy, having a child? By the way, where would I find information on the Lascelles line? Or are they still considered "royal"?

Jack Marley Hermans was born as son of Michael Hermans and his partner Ellen Lascelles on March 21st 2016
The family lives in Australia

Source: Hein Bruins on Nobiliana BAN 2016 and on his own descendants website where you can find more information about the Lascelles
http://heinbruins.nl/Christian.html

Re: Ellen Lascelles baby

Yes, I did know about Jack. I wasn't sure where information about the Lascelles would be found. I'm currently studying their branch. Very complex. I also was not sure whether there is a particular area in the Forum for them.

Thanks for the input.

Pamela

Hello All!

This is my first post. I have a few questions:

1.) What are the date of births of:

a.) Maseo Lascelles
b.) Isaac Shard
c.) Ida Shard
d.) Otis Shard
e.) Tewa Lascelles' son
f.) Lilianda Rose Pearce
g.) Cleo Lascelles

2.) What is the name of Tewa Lascelles' son? Does anybody know?

3.) I know that Isaac Shard and Ida Shard are twins but who is elder/older?

I am currently researching the history of the Line of Succession to the British Throne so it would be a lot of help.

Last edited:
Hello All!

This is my first post. I have a few questions:

1.) What are the date of births of:

a.) Maseo Lascelles
b.) Isaac Shard
c.) Ida Shard
d.) Otis Shard
e.) Tewa Lascelles' son
f.) Lilianda Rose Pearce
g.) Cleo Lascelles

2.) What is the name of Tewa Lascelles' son? Does anybody know?

3.) I know that Isaac Shard and Ida Shard are twins but who is elder/older?

I am currently researching the history of the Line of Succession to the British Throne so it would be a lot of help.

Sorry I cannot answer your questions, and even sorrier to have a question of my own: Is Lillanda the daughter of Tanit? I follow Tanit on Instagram and I was wondering the blonde little girl in so many of her pictures if Lillanda? Also, it seems that Tanit is living in Spain, though she's in America a lot, especially Los Angeles, and seems to work in the film industry?

No, Lillanda is the daughter of Sophie.

Ellen Lascelles had another child, a daughter named Penny Moon.

Sources: Peerage news and her Instagram account.

How is Lucinda Wilmott Lascelles related to the Lascelles Family? I can't seem to find the relation.

How is Lucinda Wilmott Lascelles related to the Lascelles Family? I can't seem to find the relation.

I could only find out that Lucinda is a Prosecutor, a Barrister. Is her last name hyphenated: Wilmott-Lascelles?

She's not listed in The Peerage website, which is fairly thorough.

Main Page

I think she is a stepdaughter of Henry Ulick Lascelles, daughter of his 2nd wife.

Does anyone know the name and date of birth of Tewa Lascelle's son ?

Last edited:
Does anyone know the name and date of birth of Tewa Lascelle's son ?

Unfortunately, I can't answer your question but it seems the baby was born in May 2014.

According to Cynthia and Tewa Lascelles' online baby registry the baby was due on 8 May 2014:

https://registry.thebump.com/cynthia-lascelles-tewa-lascelles-may-2014/7592344

According to a tweet posted by Tewa's father James Lascelles on 25 May 2014 he had "Just back from scorching LA where I became a Grandfather for the second time, beautiful boy, more later......"

https://twitter.com/tribalharmony

Unfortunately, he didn't follow up with the "more later."

If for the "second time" who is the first grandchild?

Back
Top Bottom