The late Princess Grace part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say this but Princess Grace's father thought Peg was the best looking. He should have had thicker glasses Grace was the most beautiful and talented.

Trudie said:
I hate to say this but Princess Grace's father thought Peg was the best looking. He should have had thicker glasses Grace was the most beautiful and talented.

Peggy was their dad's favorite as she was his first-born child and she possessed a lot of characteristics that delighted her father. So that's why he felt that way about Baba (Peggy). All the Kellys are/were good looking, but yes, I also think that Grace was the most gorgeous and talented of all.

Thank you for all the pics; they are all very delightful.:flowers: I haven't been to this thread in awhile and I say, it was worth it.

Flowerpower, both of your pics are wonderful. The first one as I love pics of royals being photographed while taking pics themselves and the second one as it is so special and private. Could you tell us the year that second pic was taken and was it a photoshot or was it a private pic? Thanks :flowers:

Hi iceflower :) :) I’ am glad you like the pic, I personally love it !! Pss Grace looked so relax, in her own world…:cool:
For responding to you’re question, I have to check the clipping for that info.
iceflower said:
Flowerpower, both of your pics are wonderful. The first one as I love pics of royals being photographed while taking pics themselves and the second one as it is so special and private. Could you tell us the year that second pic was taken and was it a photoshot or was it a private pic? Thanks :flowers:
Some more Pics from the flowerpower archive ….:)

(hola,paris match)

23s93id.jpg

23s96vp.jpg

The Kelly Bag

23s97jn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The kelly bag one, is is possible to make an avatar of Grace's face from that? Grace looks quite lovely there. Black & white suited her very well.

Ann

A pic taken from a very nice perspective and showing a wonderful Grace:

243lyxc.jpg

(GENTE)

Please forgive me if this question has been answered already, but as a Catholic monarchs consort, why would Grace have worn black to the papal audience? I thought that catholic royalty wore white to see the pope and non-catholics wore black. Any ideas???:huh:

Iceflower :) I do love that pic, there are occasions were Pss Grace was even better looking...
One were as think she Look Stunning!! at Cannes Festival
(hola)

24d297c.jpg

kimebear said:
Please forgive me if this question has been answered already, but as a Catholic monarchs consort, why would Grace have worn black to the papal audience? I thought that catholic royalty wore white to see the pope and non-catholics wore black. Any ideas???:huh:
I think (but am not 100% sure) that you wear black if you've been confirmed. You wear white if you haven't been confirmed (ie, the young children). All women (from the pictures I've seen) wear black while at the Vatican in the presence of the Pope. And you wear a veil over your hair

Lady Jennifer said:
I think (but am not 100% sure) that you wear black if you've been confirmed. You wear white if you haven't been confirmed (ie, the young children). All women (from the pictures I've seen) wear black while at the Vatican in the presence of the Pope. And you wear a veil over your hair

I believe for Catholic monarchs there is something called "le privilege de blanc" which allows queens, the Grand Duchess of Luxembourg, and a few others to wear white. All others wear black including non-Catholics. I believe the veil is for confirmed women but again am not sure -- it has something to do with the old rule that women were not allowed into a church without a head covering.

pinklady1991 said:
I believe for Catholic monarchs there is something called "le privilege de blanc" which allows queens, the Grand Duchess of Luxembourg, and a few others to wear white. All others wear black including non-Catholics. I believe the veil is for confirmed women but again am not sure -- it has something to do with the old rule that women were not allowed into a church without a head covering.

That's my point. Although Grace wasn't a queen, she was just as much of a royal consort as the Grand Duchess and a devoted and practicing Catholic. It just makes no sense to me.

To tbhrc, I remember you said recently in another thread that Grace had a hard time adjusting to becoming a princess and that "the monegasque people couldn't stand her. It took Grace years to win their hearts.... But this is another subject....". I was wondering if I could read about this anywhere on the internet - or did you read about it in one of your books on Grace? Thanks.

Thank you all for your pictures, they are so wonderful. Princess Grace was not only beautiful, her radiance after she became a princess is extraordinary. And I love to see her clothes. I hope they are still in the palace waiting to be used a again.

Last edited:
Casey321 said:
To tbhrc, I remember you said recently in another thread that Grace had a hard time adjusting to becoming a princess and that "the monegasque people couldn't stand her. It took Grace years to win their hearts.... But this is another subject....". I was wondering if I could read about this anywhere on the internet - or did you read about it in one of your books on Grace? Thanks.

Yes I read it in her biography Once Upon a Time: Behind the Fairy Tale of Princess Grace and Prince Rainier by J. Randy Taraborrelli.

Princess Grace visiting Venice with a friend in 1973 (grazianeri)

Rembering Grace - 24 years Later

Excerpt of lyrics from the Nat King Cole classic:

Unforgettable, that’s what you are
Unforgettable, though near or far
Like a song of love that clings to me
How the thought of you does things to me
Never before has someone been more
Unforgettable, in every way

And forevermore,
That’s how you’ll stay.'

The Monte Carlo Symphony Orchestra performed Grace's favourite piece of classical music at her funeral service on September 18, 1982 - Samuel Barber's 'Adagio For Strings'. This piece of music was haunting, lovely, breath-takingly beautiful, exqusite, deep, intense, mysterious - much like the woman it was performed in honour of.

As Grace loved roses, I thought I would post this rather sweet ode to the rose:

'You love the roses - so do I. I wish
The sky would rain down roses, as they rain
From off the shaken bush. Why will it not?
Then all the valley would be pink and white
And soft to tread on. They would fall as light
As feathers, smelling sweet: and it would be
Like sleeping and yet waking, all at once.
You are asleep now, yet your beauty
Like the rose, shall not vanish in my minds eye.'

Grace Patricia Kelly-Grimaldi, H.S.H. Princess Grace de Monaco
1929 - 1982

Rest In Peace.

Last edited:
That's very sweet, Johnnie :flowers:

Grace signing some autographs for her little fans :)

2ebs413.jpg

(Royalty Mag)

Johnnie said:
The Monte Carlo Symphony Orchestra performed Grace's favourite piece of classical music at her funeral service on September 18, 1982 - Samuel Barber's 'Adagio For Strings'.

I think it was also performed at Prince Rainier's funeral. Great choices of lyrics, Johnnie! Beautiful photos you shared Iceflower! That one in garden, among roses is so intimate..

In loving memory. . .

2w4cx6u.jpg

(Story, GL)

Biography.com has this Celebrity Matchmaking game. Famous people and their interests and so on. I picked my interests and ironically, the one that seemed to most matched mine was Grace! Anyway, here are some of the things they listed for her:

She has:

Hair: Long and Flowing

Body Type: Elfish

Interests: Traveling, Fine Arts, Issuing Decrees,
Family

My most humbling moment...
Having to renounce my American citizenship. On the
other hand, I did it to become a princess, so the
humble part wore off pretty quickly.

My greatest accomplishment...
Winning an Academy Award for Best Actress. Did I
mention the princess thing?

My ideal date would include...
A tour of your castle, summer mansion, or
principality. If things go well, then also a proposal
that would lead to me becoming ruler of a nation.

The celebrity I resemble most...
Some people actually think I'm interchangeable with
Tippi Hedren, Joan Fontaine, and Janet Leigh. I'm
looking at you, Hitchcock.

If I could be anywhere at the moment...
This may sound corny and mundane, but I'd just like to
be somewhere watching a beautiful sunset, somewhere
cozy like a yacht floating in the Mediterranean maybe,
wearing sunglasses and a scarf to protect my flawless
skin, enjoying the breathtaking view with my true love
while the servants freshen up the caviar and Bellinis.
Same as anyone, really.

The book on my bedside table...
"Essential Etiquette for Royalty: What Fresh Blue
Bloods Need to Know."

The things I can't live without...
My crown, my scepter, and of course, my Oscar. I also
like to keep a can of Prince Albert tobacco around, so
we can play the "Prince Albert in a can" joke with my
son, Prince Albert.

Fill in the blanks.
A man who treats you like royalty is sexy...
a man who can get everyone else to treat you like
royalty is sexier...

In my home you will find...

Portraits in oil; the family crest; a handmaiden or
two; about a dozen Hermes Kelly bags (I agree that
they're wonderful, but I wish people would stop buying
them for me!); my beloved Oscar statuette; a framed
postage stamp (I was the first leading lady of
Hollywood to be featured on one); my collection of
scarves and sunglasses; a t-shirt with the Liberty
Bell on it.

So I have to propose a meeting. I say I am a
portraitist.

Grace Kelly Responds:

"I can see that you're a person of integrity, wisdom,
intelligence, and taste. Can you trace your bloodline
back to medieval times? If so, have your social
secretary call to arrange a formal introduction."

What your date might be like...
Princess Grace likes to be swept off her feet in a
romantic whirlwind, preferably at a sunny resort that
caters to the wealthy. Beyond that, she's a woman of
simple needs who can appreciate beauty in the smallest
of objects, such as a diamond, or in cute pet names,
such as "Your Serene Highness."

:lol:

Since today is the anniversary of Princess Grace's passing,:sad: I was wondering if there was any memorial mass planned at the cathedral? I guess this is mainly directed to Paca & Cote but if any one knows please answer. Thanks.

Wow, I don't know why that surprises me, but it does. Thanks Paca

I would take it that the Monaco Princely Family is then waiting for next year - 2007 - which will mark the 25th anniversary of the untimely death of Princess Grace.

Johnnie said:
I would take it that the Monaco Princely Family is then waiting for next year - 2007 - which will mark the 25th anniversary of the untimely death of Princess Grace.

I'm sure there was a private anniversary Mass said but Johnnie is right...they will probably wait until the 25th anniversary for a public commemoration. It may have been too much with Rainier's anniversary Mass in April and her children may want to focus on happier things like what would have been their parents' 50th wedding anniversary.

May she rest in peace.

Johnnie said:
There wasn't one for the 20th anniversary, so why would there be one for the 25th. there is one every year for Stefano in St Charles, but that is organised by his family and former employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom