The Late Princess Grace Part II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
monaco70s said:
Oh I see, I'll wait for the other one, thanks :p

Sorry, Monaco..The last one is actually cover of Elle..but if it counts..:p :)

Well, folks, I don't know how much true this may be, but I read somewhere that Princess Grace had an abortion long before she met Prince Rainier.

This surely clashes with her image of a devout Catholic, but that was her public image. Anyway, since like most people around my age in my country I've had a Catholic upbringing and went to Catholic schools, I learnt that a woman who had an abortion ran immediately into an excommunication, and consequently, was prohibited to receive the sacraments. No confession could have erased her sin, as far as I know. If so, why was Princess Grace allowed to get married in the church?
Did the Church use different criteria of judgment, as always? Or are these gratuitous nasty things to say, as we all know that such statements help books sell well? Personally I don't trust the so called "biographies" that much. If it's true, I'm not surprised that her daughters rebelled to her. Again, if that's true.
Can anyone enlighten? Thanks!

Tosca said:
Well, folks, I don't know how much true this may be, but I read somewhere that Princess Grace had an abortion long before she met Prince Rainier.

This surely clashes with her image of a devout Catholic, but that was her public image. Anyway, since like most people around my age in my country I've had a Catholic upbringing and went to Catholic schools, I learnt that a woman who had an abortion ran immediately into an excommunication, and consequently, was prohibited to receive the sacraments. No confession could have erased her sin, as far as I know. If so, why was Princess Grace allowed to get married in the church?
Did the Church use different criteria of judgment, as always? Or are these gratuitous nasty things to say, as we all know that such statements help books sell well? Personally I don't trust the so called "biographies" that much. If it's true, I'm not surprised that her daughters rebelled to her. Again, if that's true.
Can anyone enlighten? Thanks!

I have never known anyone to have absolute solid proof that Grace had an abortion. It is really just a rumour that has persisted for years and that was even mentioned in biographies. Of course these biographies were not written with the consent of the Princely Family.

The Catholic Church can't do anything about a rumour. Interestingly enough this rumour only really began to circulate widely after Grace's death.

Isabel said:
I have never known anyone to have absolute solid proof that Grace had an abortion. It is really just a rumour that has persisted for years and that was even mentioned in biographies. Of course these biographies were not written with the consent of the Princely Family.

The Catholic Church can't do anything about a rumour. Interestingly enough this rumour only really began to circulate widely after Grace's death.

Thanks! I also was wondering why the skeletons in Grace's cupboard were given away only after her death.

Well, I think Grace couldn't do an abortion because she always seemed to love children and I simply don't believe in those rumours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has this one ever been posted? Unknown source

Attachments

• 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 183
LadyMacAlpine said:
Has this one ever been posted? Unknown source
I don't care if it has been posted before, because she was a looker! Wow!

David

When saw this Grace's photo, it reminded me on similair Charlotte's one from F1 Grand Prix 2003. Love this compare! :)
(Iceflower you gave me idea with that Caroline / Grace photo!;) )

Charlotte & Grace..(Korpa, Eastnews)

e0j511.jpg

Ianna said:
Iceflower you gave me idea with that Caroline / Grace photo!;)
:) And I share your opinion about the similarity :)

Princess Grace has always been a beautiful lady and at all ages.

Wonderful pics, Radker, thank you!

Here is one of Grace in 1977:

ejecfs.jpg

(source: HOLA)

Last edited:
Beautiful Grace :) and you can see Steph in her face..
f43dpw.jpg

(anp)

Gorgeous photos, Iceflower! Thanx for posting!

Grace's beauty is timeless..Some more photos;

f5cexk.jpg
f5czmv.jpg

(EastNews)

Thank you Ianna :) And I've never seen your first one, it's great!
Thanks for posting!

Some nice family photos of Grace with Kelly family

Whole family; Father John, mother Margaret, older sister Peggy, brother Jack, Grace, Lizanne (Keystone)

fa8l54.jpg

Little Grace with baby siter Lizanne (Picturedesk)

fa8lky.jpg

Little Grace with brother Jack; (Picturedesk)

fa8m7p.jpg

Grace with sister Peggy on the beach..(picturedesk)

fa8oio.jpg

Do you see similarities with today's generation?:)

Here are some pics I found at newscom

fc49rm.jpg

fc49rs.jpg

fc49sm.jpg

fc49vp.jpg

fc49w3.jpg

fc49wh.jpg

fc49x2.jpg

fc49y9.jpg

fc49z4.jpg

fc49zo.jpg

And the rest from newscom

fc4a42.jpg

fc4a4l.jpg

fc4a54.jpg

fc4a5j.jpg

fc4a5u.jpg

fc4a6a.jpg

fc4a6s.jpg

fc4aa0.jpg

fc4aaq.jpg

fc4ab4.jpg

I love the childhood pictures of Grace and her family!

:) :) :) Wow, she was so very, very beautiful....

Even has she aged and gained weight she was still one of the most beautiful women in the world. Talk about good genetics.

Princejohnny25 said:
Even has she aged and gained weight she was still one of the most beautiful women in the world. Talk about good genetics.

What also makes her a classic beauty is that she never rushed to the plastic surgeons office to make her look 20 years younger (multiple face lifts and lipo); she aged as she was meant to, she had nothing to prove to anyone, she was confident in who she was as a person, and she aged beautifully.

Some pics from EuroImagen

ouuvc1.jpg
ouuvdy.jpg
ouuvif.jpg
ouuvjt.jpg

What languages . . .

did Princess Grace speak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom