The Most Beautiful Royal Dutch Bride

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who is the most beautiful Dutch bride?

• Princess Marilene

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Princess Annette

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Princess Anita

Votes: 30 19.5%
  • Princess Aimee

Votes: 30 19.5%
  • Crown Princess Maxima

Votes: 79 51.3%
  • Princess Laurentien

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Princess Mabel

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

carlota

Majesty
Country
United States
now that floris married aimee, we have all the dutch princes married and i thought of doing a thread about the most beautiful royal brides. choose your favourite!

PRINCESS MAXIMA
maxima3ao.jpg

PRINCESS LAURENTIEN
laurentien0hs.jpg

PRINCESS MABEL

mabel9if.jpg

mabel24go.jpg

PRINCESS MARILENE

marilene4id.jpg

PRINCESS ANNETTE

annette5ay.jpg

PRINCESS ANITA

anita0js.jpg

PRINCESS AIMEE

aimee5bh.jpg

aimee22zu.jpg

My vote is from Princess Anita

I like this years brides best! And of Princess Anita and Princess Aimée... Princess Anita! She was sooo beautiful and I loved her wedding dress!

Tiaras used by the brides

MAXIMA:

pre-SEEGER00064924.jpg

LAURENTIEN:

pre-SEEGER00050972.jpg

MABEL:

pre-SEEGER00115457.jpg

ANITA AND AIMEE, SAME TIARA:

pre-SEEGER00145904.jpg

pre-SEEGER00149420.jpg

my favourite dresses were maxima's and anita's and my favourite hairdo's and veil's maxima's and aimee's. :)

BOUQUETS:

AIMEE:

pre-SEEGER00149428.jpg

MAXIMA:

pre-SEEGER00064302.jpg

LAURENTIEN:

pre-SEEGER00050786.jpg

ANITA:

pre-SEEGER00145909.jpg

MARILENE:

pre-SEEGER00014012.jpg

ANNETTE:

pre-SEEGER00036651.jpg

MABEL:

pre-SEEGER00115451.jpg

1. Aimee
2. Maxima
3. Anita; Laurentien

1. anita
2. maxima
3. aimee
4. laurentien

absolutely no: mabel
annette and marilene: too similar!!

Aimee. And she has the best smile too.

Maxima is my favourite Dutch bride...! Then Aimée and Anita. Even though Marilène has the most beautiful and joyful smile!!!

My favorite as a bride is Maxima, i like her :D and my favorite tiara is Aimee's but i didn't like any of the dresses wore by the dutch princesses , not my style :)

nokklav said:
absolutely no: mabel
annette and marilene: too similar!!

i agree nokklav! mabel's was definetely one of the worst royal dresses i have seen :( and it was a pity annette's and marilene's looked so much alike. at first i thought it was the same dress changed!

1. maxima
2. anita
aimee and laurentien in the same position. they both looked beautiful...

1. Maxima
2. Laurentien
3. Annette

Princess Maxima, Anita, and Aimée's dresses.
The van Vollenhoven tiara, and Annette's bouquet.
If one bride combined the three looks, it would be a simple, classic, and elegant ensemble.:) :)

1.Anita
2.Maxima
3.Laurentien

Aimee looked wonderful but the dress was a bit boring and too conservative...

my prefer

1-Maxima
2-Anita
3-Aimee

Re:

I vote for Aimee - I think that Mabel looked awful - what on earth were those bows for? It looked like Harrods Christmas Department had exploded all over her.

my vote CP Maxima because she very beautiful brides in Dutch Royals

1.Maxima
2.Aimee
3.Anita

Sara Boyce

I voted for Maxima, of course. I think she is one of the most beautiful brides ever. Although for me has princess Anne-Marie always been - and is - the number one.

Re:

Alexandra - Spot On! Anne-Marie looked so young, beautiful and just the image of a fairy-tale Princess. It was a very very emotional ceremony and I loved her dress, jewels etc. :)

Anne-Marie? (oh no) Is there another princess that I haven't heard of? :eek:

Layla1971 said:
Anne-Marie? (oh no) Is there another princess that I haven't heard of? :eek:

I mean of course ex-Queen Anne-Marie of Greece, of course. Forgot to name the country, because it was so clear for me. Sorry!

Alexandra said:
I mean of course ex-Queen Anne-Marie of Greece, of course. Forgot to name the country, because it was so clear for me. Sorry!

That's okay Alexandra. I can get talking about something, and seem to think everyone else understands too.

Re:

And Anne-Marie is sometimes known as both Princess and Queen.

Queen Anne-Marie of the Hellenes
Queen Anne-Marie of Greece
Princess Anne-Marie of Denmark

All are correct but it depends on whose side you're on! ;)

Thanks, I thought I was even more out of the loop than usual around here!

Queen Anne-Marie has always been my royal Number One, she and her family. Or since the long-ago winter 1964, when I for the first time got to see her picture in a paper.

... and I was very young at that long-ago-time ....

I voted Laurentien, but she is directly followed by Anita and Máxima. Difficult to choose!

As I've already mentioned to Carlota, a very tough poll! I love all the Dutch royals, and especially the van Vollenhoven brides.

I wish I could pick elements of these various weddings, which would go something like this:

Annette's blue suit with that colourful striped hat for her civil service.

Maxima's wedding gown which was every inch the royal wedding gown with its high collar and structured bodice and that spectacular train.

The Ears of Wheat tiara as worn by Anita.

Maxima's veil with its delicate lace cascading from that star tiara.

Mabel's makeup and hairdo -- which was so classic and looked so good on her, enough to distract me a bit from all those bows!

The attire of the young attendants of Pieter-Christiaan and Anita's wedding -- Anna, Isabella and Erik in their yellow and apple green dresses and shirts were very sweet.

The attire of the older female attendants of Floris and Aimee's wedding. I am not crazy about the colours chosen, but I did very much like the shape and cut of the dresses.

Aimee's bouquet at the civil service.

Anita's bouquet at the religious service.

The green ties worn by the von Vollenhoven men at Pieter-Christiaan and Anita's wedding.

I love Marilene and Annette, but their dresses at the religious wedding were matronly and ill-fitting on their bodies (Annette's especially). To quote someone else from this forum, Annette looked like a big white cupcake!

Overall I voted for Anita as my favourite Dutch bride. Yes, I abhorred her busy green and yellow suit and those matching yellow heels at the civil wedding but you could overlook it what with her exuberance and happinesss showing on her face. And her religious wedding attire was perfect.

Yay, another one of those wonderfully impossible polls: sooo hard to choose! :)
I'll emulate Alexandria and pick apart some elements.

Best Veil: MAXIMA.

(The detailing..just incredible. One minor thing I didn't like though was that it seemed to hang a bit too straight down from her head in some way.)
Second Best Veil: AIMEE's. That hand-made silk..soooo lovely.

Best Dress: MABEL.

(ok ok..you all will laugh at me for this one, I'm sure! But think of this: if you do your best and think away those bows, the dress is the absolute <best> of the whole lot, bar perhaps Maxima's. Here's why: The design and cut are out of this world and really do the bride maximum justice. And the fabric/material...the way it glows..it just oozes this dreamy quality, sooo very very well done. Admittedly I don't for the life of me understand why they thought they needed to pin on those silly bows.

Bouquet: MABEL. Seriously, it's gorgeous.

Tiara: Margriet's wheaten ears (or whatever that thing's called).

Haha, I guess my ideal Dutch bride would be any of those girls, wearing Mabel's dress without the bows, with Maxima's or Aimee's veil and Margiet's tiara with Mabel's bouquet!

Back
Top Bottom