The Most Wonderful

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gorgeous Ladies in Gorgeous Gowns!

I haven't checked this thread for a long time. The postings are fabulous! :)

The gown matters, but the gown is more striking on a striking figure and when the woman has a beautiful face. Queen Rania would look gorgeous in a burlap bag even if the color of the bag didn't match her. She also has wonderful taste in dress. Maybe she had or has a good fashion advisor. She knows how to pick 'em so they do complement her and there don't seem to be any exceptions. Princess Maxima fits that description too.:)

gogm said:
I haven't checked this thread for a long time. The postings are fabulous! :)

The gown matters, but the gown is more striking on a striking figure and when the woman has a beautiful face. Queen Rania would look gorgeous in a burlap bag even if the color of the bag didn't match her. She also has wonderful taste in dress. Maybe she had or has a good fashion advisor. She knows how to pick 'em so they do complement her and there don't seem to be any exceptions. Princess Maxima fits that description too.:)
exactly. its amazing how someone are just naturally able to pick wonderful clothes for themselves and other women totally miss the mark.

I think that Mette-Marit's wardrobe during the state visit to the United Kingdom was absolutely breathtaking. (source: Getty Images)
Guildhall Dinner

Author Anthology

Visit to 10 Downing Street

Is the lady in the fourth pic of post number 90 wearing the same red dress that Letizia wore?

bananarama said:
Is the lady in the fourth pic of post number 90 wearing the same red dress that Letizia wore?

Looks the same to me.

bananarama said:

That is HRH Princess Laurientin of the Netherlands

Last edited:
I've been asking myself several times whether that red dress Laurentien wore in Denmark was the same as the red dress I saw Letizia wear (don't remember the event). Does anyone have a picture of that event? I really really love that dress...

I haven't seen a lot of these Princess Claire photos...I need to check out her threads! All the ladies look lovely!

Infanta Cristina:

Infanta Elena:

Source: seeger press, hola, IBL

soCal girl said:
We can't forget about our stylish Swedish royals! :)

No, we can not! I agree with you on Madeleine's light blue gown. That is probably her best dress. I do indeed like the halter gown from Victoria's trip to Australia. I also like the reddish-purple gown from the same trip as well. Perhaps even more.

my most wonderful working outfit (Princess Letizia's), because of the color. from Getty:
TRHPrincesofAsturias2.jpg

and my most wonderful gowns, because of the details, meckline (i love Chinese collars!), cut/style, and also of the color:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110015&d=1110836576
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110059&d=1110838056

;)

Last edited:
I have to say that this is one of my favorites of Maxima's:

nettavisen

She has continued to get better and better in my eyes as far as fashion goes.

Dennism said:
I have to say that this is one of my favorites of Maxima's:

nettavisen

She has continued to get better and better in my eyes as far as fashion goes.

I agree. Maxima looked absolutely wonderful at King Carl Gustaf's 60th birthday celebrations. I must say I was impressed with Victoria's dress. The cut was simple but looked fabulous on her. I really liked the double straps. The shimmer at the top of her dress was also fabulous. It also helped that she was wearing the Baden Fringe Tiara. :) Is the dress two separate pieces? It kind of looks it with the cut near the middle but that could just be how the dress was designed.

(DPA) *originally posted by purple_platinum
Victoria: http://img22.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc163&image=92039_031301_4.jpg
http://img12.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc152&image=92028_029901_4.jpg
^I read somewhere in the birthday thread that Victoria's dress was ice-blue. To me, it looks white, does anybody know for sure what color her dress was?

BTW, I wouldn't mind if Victoria repeated this dress; she looks so great in it!

Last edited:
soCal girl said:
I must say I was impressed with Victoria's dress. The cut was simple but looked fabulous on her as well as the double straps. The shimmer at the top of her dress was also fabulous. It also helped that she wore the Baden Fringe Tiara. :)

(DPA)
Victoria: http://img22.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc163&image=92039_031301_4.jpg
http://img12.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc152&image=92028_029901_4.jpg
I must say that I thought she looked pretty stunning myself. But then again I'm hardly objective. Yes, at least she didn't wear the 4-button tiara!:D

Really these are the most wonderful pictures.Thanks everybody for the pictures!!!

I love Mary's outfit here:

Mary142.jpg

(Credit: AU)

I think the top and the white pants make it a very clean and elegant look. The top is from Heartmade if anyone is interested.

In did mary outfit is wonderful, she is very good in this tipe of coustumes , i like special de jewels.

I love this dress of Mette-Marit! :flowers:

Polfoto
She looks stunning in it!

No offense to those that like the beret, but I think it kills the outfit. Had Maxima just worn that jacket with the skirt and the rest of her outfit, I think she'd have looked nice. TBH, that hat makes her look silly.

Her_Majesty said:
I love this dress of Mette-Marit! :flowers:

Polfoto
She looks stunning in it!

That dress is stunning, but I give her a 9/10 as it is. If that pink poofy thing wasn't on her shoulder, she'd get an 11/10. That color is just dynamite on her.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not normally enthralled by Mette-Marit, but she really pulled off a coup in this one!

Sister Morphine said:
That dress is stunning, but I give her a 9/10 as it is. If that pink poofy thing wasn't on her shoulder, she'd get an 11/10. That color is just dynamite on her.

I have to agree with you there on that one. The poufy pink thing is just the one thing wrong with her outfit. That brown is great on her.

Dennism said:
I have to agree with you there on that one. The poufy pink thing is just the one thing wrong with her outfit. That brown is great on her.

Oh, I liked very this poufy thing, but it would have been much better if it had been from another color.

This one (#112) is a beauty. The frills on the skirt and the pleats on the wrap are spectacular!

Two wonderful dresses of Märtha Louise.

Pre-wedding banquet of Mary and Frederik May 2004.
She wore a stunning , bright orange dress:

Corbis

And some weeks later, at the pre-wedding banquet of Letizia and Felipe.
(I love her hair back then! she should wear it like this again. ;) )

Polfoto

Back
Top Bottom