The Prince of Asturias Awards All Years Untill 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for all the photos.

I love the PoA Awards, it's really wonderful that the Awards are now such an important international event that draws in such iconic figures as Norman Foster and David Attenborough.

It was lovely to see Princss Alia attending the ceremony with Queen Sofia.

I agree! I was so excited to discover that they were broadcast in the States this year. I don't know if this is the first time that they have aired in the States, but it is definitely the first time that I was able to see them from my home. The US is ridiculously terrible about airing anything that happens outside of its borders:sad:. It was wonderful to see the awards!

I agree! I was so excited to discover that they were broadcast in the States this year. I don't know if this is the first time that they have aired in the States, but it is definitely the first time that I was able to see them from my home. The US is ridiculously terrible about airing anything that happens outside of its borders:sad:. It was wonderful to see the awards!
I didn't watch it online but I wish I had as it seemed like an amazing ceremony in the photos.

The ceremony is one of the events I´m waiting for every year and nowadays it´s fantastic that I as a Finn can watch the ceremony live in the internet. It was also nice to see Felipe and Letizia before and after the ceremony, the closeness between them, always holding hands.
Miss Isinbayeva was totally overdressed and her dress wasn´t suitable to this distingueshed event. I can understand that she was happy about the Award but I think that she likes too much to flirt to the camera and draw all the attention to her. She wasn´t the only one that got the Award.
I think that Letizia looked sensational with this beaded dress, her hair and make up were perfect and the cardigan gave some simpliness to the dress. Queen Sofia looked perfect and lovely too, and it was a nice surprise to see princess Alia there too.

This is every year one of my favourite photos from the ceremony, it´s so precious to see Felipe and Letizia looking up to the Queen when they arrive to the stage.
Getty Images

More photos:
Daylife

Miss Isinbayeva was absolutely delicious! maybe her dress was not as beautiful as Letizia´s but she was absolutely happy and emotional about the prize, She came to Spain a few days before the ceremony and visted some schools and attended all the events in which she was requested and was absolutely adorable with all the people...The interview after the ceremony was so sweet, when she was almost crying...she said she was feeling as a princess for her time in Spain, because she is from a very small village in Russia...and as you can she in the ceremony she was one of the most applauded when getting to the theater by the people...

On the other hand, Mr Foster arrived on time to the reception in the morning with his private plane and left after the ceremony...he was very cold!!! despite he is married to a spanish woman.

Yelena Isinbayeva looked GorgeouS for me!
10108-Yelena_Isinbayeva-B-200.jpg

- 4000 Pixel Photo -

What would they said if Yelena wore a g-string?????

Well, I think we all here and the people who attended the Awards ceremony, are agree; no matter what Yelena wore. The important thing is that the jury of the award for sports give the award to Yelena because they think she is "one of those not only examples to others, but who have also reached new heights in man’s quest to surpass himself, and whose efforts have contributed to the advancement, nurturing, promotion or dissemination of sport”

The juries in charge of granting the 2010 Prince of Asturias Awards in its 30th edition are to begin meeting on 11th May

MAY

Arts:......................................................11th and 12th May
Social Sciences:....................................18th and 19th May
Communication and Humanities:...........26th and 27th May

JUNE

Scientific and Technical Research:............1st and 2nd June
Letters:........................................................8th and 9th June
International Cooperation:.......................... 15th and 16th June

SEPTEMBER

Sports:..........................................6th and 7th September
Concord:.......................................14th and 15th September

The juries in charge of granting the 2010 Prince of Asturias Awards in its 30th edition are to begin meeting on 11th May - The Prince of Asturias Foundation

The jury meeting for the Prince of Asturias Award for the Arts 2010

The meetings of the jury responsible for awarding the 2010 Prince of Asturias Award for the Arts will be held on May 11th and 12th.

There are 29 nominations in the running for this Award from Argentina, Australia, Austria, Cuba, Estonia, France, Greece, Italy, Panama, Portugal, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States and Spain.

The jury meeting for the Prince of Asturias Award for the Arts 2010 - The Prince of Asturias Foundation

The filmmaker Michael Haneke, the Portuguese architect Alvaro Siza, the director of the Ballet Nacional de Cuba, Alicia Alonso, the artist Lucian Freud, film composer Ennio Morricone, the sculptor Richard Serra and the musical group Les Luthiers, among others, eligible for the Award Prince of Asturias of the Arts that will fail on Wednesday 12 May at the Hotel de la Reconquista in Oviedo, according to sources close to the Foundation

Les Luthiers, Haneke y Morricone, candidatos al Príncipe de Asturias de las Artes

First of the eight Awards 2010

Sculptor Richard Serra, 2010 Prince of Asturias Award for the Arts​

For his audacity in structuring –from his minimalist perspective– the most significant spaces at an international scale through works of great visual power that are an invitation to reflection and wonder. With strong links to the best tradition of European art throughout his brilliant career, Serra is a multifaceted artist whose universal stature is expressed in forceful forms and suggestive concepts.
Minutes of the Jury
Richar Serra's Biography

Richard Serra Statement
“I am very honored to be the recipient of the Prince of Asturias Award. The award is particularly meaningful to me in that the country of Spain has offered me many great opportunities to realize my work for over three decades”.

Last edited:
David Barrufet, candidato al Premio Príncipe de Asturias del Deporte - MARCA.com
The Royal Spanish Handball Federation and presented the candidacy of Asobal historic FC Barcelona goalkeeper David Barrufet Prince of Asturias Award for Sport to "reward the highest sportsmanship" the goalkeeper, who will retire at the end of this season.

epa - european pressphoto agency: El jurado de Ciencias Sociales inicia hoy sus deliberaciones
Oviedo, May 18 (EFE) .- The jury for the Prince of Asturias Prize for Social Sciences 2010 start today and make public its deliberations next Wednesday's ruling that an award twenty-three choose candidates from eighteen countries.

El Banco Mundial de la Mujer y Jeffrey Sachs optan al galardón de Ciencias Sociales - La Nueva España - Diario Independiente de Asturias

Last edited by a moderator:
Award for Social Sciences

The archaeological team of the Warriors of Xi'an 2010 Prince of Asturias Award Laureate for Social Sciences.​

The archaeological team of the Terracotta Warriors of Xi’an is undertaking a multidisciplinary research project enabling the study of an important period of formation of the Chinese Empire that goes back over two thousand years into the past and which had an enormous impact on the make-up of that society.

Minutes of the Jury
Further Information
Biography

Statements

Last edited:
Award for Communication and Humanities

Sociologists Alain Touraine and Zygmun Bauman, 2010 Prince of Asturias Award for Communication and Humanities.

Considered two of the highest representatives of current European thought, Alain Touraine and Zygmunt Bauman have analysed the deep transformations of contemporary social structures and have developed key concepts for the understanding of fundamental issues of our time.

Futher Information

Last edited:
Award for Technical and Scientifc Research

Biochemists David Julius, Linda Watkins and Baruch Minke, 2010 Prince Of Asturias Award for Technical and Scientifc Research.​

Recognised by the scientific community as world leaders in sensorial Neurobiology, David Julius, Baruch Minke and Linda Watkins have discovered, from complementary approaches, the causes and mechanisms via which pain is produced and perceived, as well as other sensations such as cold, heat and taste

Further Information
Biographies

Last edited:
Statements by David Julius, Baruch Minke and Linda Watkins

https://www.fpa.es/en/awards/2010/s...-technical-and-scientific-research/statement/

The Nobel laureate José Saramago, the Catalan writer Ana María Matute and the British diplomat and writer John Le Carré are among the 27 candidates competing for the Prince of Asturias Prize for Literature, which will be missed this Wednesday, June 9, in Oviedo.

Among the nominations sent to the Foundation from 16 countries are also of the Canadian writer Alice Munro, and the U.S. essayist and literary critic Harold Bloom.

epa - european pressphoto agency: Saramago, Matute y Le Carré, entre los candidatos al Premio de las Letras 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
Libanes writer Amin Maalouf, 2010 pirnce of Asturias Award for the Letters.​

...Who, through historical fiction and theoretical reflection, has managed to lucidly address the complexity of the human condition.Using intense, suggestive language, Maalouf places us in the grand Mediterranean mosaic of languages, cultures and religions to construct a symbolic space for meeting and understanding.

Further Information
Biography
Minutes of the Jury
Statement by Amin Maalouf

Last edited:
The National Organization of Transplants of Spain (ONT) and the Society of Transplants, with headquarters in New York, Prince of Asturias Award for International Cooperation

La ONT y la Sociedad de Trasplantes, Príncipe de Asturias de Cooperación Internacional | elmundo.es salud

The Transplantation Society and the Spanish National Transplant Organization, Prince of Asturias Award for International Cooperation

The Transplantation Society and the Spanish National Transplant Organization, Prince of Asturias Award for International Cooperation - The Prince of Asturias Foundation

The Transplantation Society and the Spanish National Transplant Organization - The Prince of Asturias Foundation

The jury meeting for the 2010 Prince of Asturias Award for Sports

18 nominations from 10 different countries are in the running for this award, the seventh of eight international awards that are bestowed each year by the Prince of Asturias Foundation, and which are now in their thirtieth year.

The meetings of the Jury responsible for awarding the 2010 Prince of Asturias Award for Sports, the seventh of eight international awards that will be bestowed by the Prince of Asturias Foundation, will be held on September 6th and 7th. The awards will be bestowed this year for the thirtieth time in their history.

The jury meeting for the 2010 Prince of Asturias Award for Sports - The Prince of Asturias Foundation

Spanish football team, 2010 Prince of Asturias Award for Sports​

The players and the technical staff have provided an example of the drive to excel, team spirit, modesty and commitment to sporting values. Success on the football field has, on this occasion, had the maximum impact at a popular, social and sporting level, both in Spain and abroad

Minutes of the Jury
Futher Information
Bio

Last edited:
Manos Unidas, 2010 Prince of Asturias Award for Concord​

Manos Unidas, which, throughout the 50 years it has existed, has given its generous, committed support to the fight against poverty while working in favour of education for development in over sixty countries, as well as for its contribution in recent years to specific projects aimed at fighting hunger and reducing maternal mortality in the world

Biography
Further Information

Back
Top Bottom