The Prince of Wales Current Events 13: June 2019 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duchess of Cornwall arrived at Ioannis Kapodistrias Airport in Corfu, the previous days by private plane.

I presume this was not from the official Clarence House Twitter.

Good to hear the usual family holiday that Camilla has with her children and grad children is back on. I guess this will be at the Rothschild villa.

The Prince of Wales/Duke of Rothesay visietd the Grampian Highland Games Gathering at The Princess Royal and Duke of Fife Memorial Park at Braemar today, August 14:

** rex gallery **

The Prince of Wales has written a piece in the Daily Mail on the fight against climate change, especially after the devastating fires across Greece, Turkey and Italy.

PRINCE CHARLES: The devastation in the land of my father is the stuff of nightmares. We must ALL act before it's too late
Prince Charles writes exclusively for MailOnline about the fight against climate change, and calls for business leaders to join the battle to 'avert catastrophe'
It comes in the wake of a stark report from the United Nations' panel on climate change earlier this month which warned of unprecedented global warming

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...devastation-land-father-stuff-nightmares.html

The Prince of Wales paid a visit to Johnnie Walker Princes Street in Edinburgh to officially open the new global visitor experience today:

** rex gallery **

Last edited:
The Prince of Wales spoke via video at the leaders' summit of the 15th meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity (COP15) held in Kunming, southwest China's Yunnan Province today, October 12:

** Pic ** rex gallery **

Last edited:
The Prince of Wales spoke via video at the leaders' summit of the 15th meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity (COP15) held in Kunming, southwest China's Yunnan Province today, October 12:

** Pic ** rex gallery **

Interesting that the PoW is starting to engage with China.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for him.
I'm so proud that Prince Charles, our future King, represents the environment and sticks up for the planet and it's creatures.
It is appropriate that mankind does it's best to preserve the less powerful and less destructive inhabitants of the World.

We all rely on good air and water quality.
I see Prince Charles' involvement as purely positive.

The Prince of Wales held an investiture ceremony at Windsor Castle today, October 20.

One of the recipients was Sir Philip May, the husband of former prime minister Theresa May. Mary Berry was made a Dame Commander for services to cooking, writing and baking:

** gtresnews gallery ** rex gallery **

Last edited:
The Prince of Wales held an investiture ceremony at Windsor Castle today, October 20.

One of the recipients was Sir Philip May, the husband of former prime minister Theresa May. Mary Berry was made a Dame Commander for services to cooking, writing and baking:

** gtresnews gallery **

So Theresa May is now Lady May, through Philip's title.

The Prince of Wales today, October 26, had a telephone conversation with the Prime Minister of Pakistan Imran Khan about the upcoming UN Climate Change Conference in Glasgow:

** Post **

Last edited:
Last edited:
Can someone explain the Prince of Wales' attendance?
If the dinner was being hosted in the UK J would understand but it is not. Furthermore, I don't see other royals from the group. For ex. Crown Princess Victoria has always been big on the environment and climate issues yet she is not present.

Can someone explain the Prince of Wales' attendance?
If the dinner was being hosted in the UK J would understand but it is not. Furthermore, I don't see other royals from the group. For ex. Crown Princess Victoria has always been big on the environment and climate issues yet she is not present.

He was invited to attend by the Prime Minister of Italy. From the Clarence House Instagram:

The invite is in recognition of many decades of work by The Prince of Wales on the issue of climate change.

They might also be hoping for some follow through between the G20 and COP26.

Thanks Heavs..as I'm seeing more photos released. I have spotted Queen Maxima as well.

Thank you Heavs & An Ard Ri.

I too thought it very strange & indeed inappropriate to see the PofW at G20 until it was explained why.

Last edited:
The Prince of Wales attended the An Action on Forests and Land Use event as part of the COP26 in Glasgow today, November 2:

** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Prince Charles has been meeting Australia’s PM @ScottMorrisonMP who, after being one of those leaders who were late to commit to COP26 - told the Prince “Australia’s done it” and committed to net zero by 2050

When it comes to caring for trees and habitats I'm glad we have Prince Charles there batting for their environmental health and conservation.

Our Prime Minister, I'm not so sure about.
I'm looking forward to seeing a plan with a reasonable chance of having us succeed in achieving the target reduction.

The Prince of Wales viewed McLaren’s Extreme E car at Kelvingrove Art Gallery in Glasgow today, November 3:

** gettyimages gallery **

And he viewed a fashion installation by Stella McCartney at the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum:

** gtresnews gallery **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom