The van Vollenhoven Family, Current Events & Pictures Part 1 (December 2005 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Pieter-Christiaan, Prince Floris and Princess Aimee also attended the premiere of the movie 'Wit Licht', yesterday at Tuschinski cinema in Amsterdam.

Picture: click here.

Lovely photo! I feel like it has been a long time since we have last seen Prince Floris and Princess Aimee. They all look very glam in this photo.

Peter Stuyvesant Ball 2009

Princess Margriet and Prof.mr.Pieter van Vollenhove,Patrons of the Peter Stuyvesant Ball,will attend the annual Peter Stuyvesant Ball in NYC on november 20th at Pier 60 on the Hudson.

But they don't come alone,Margriet and Pieter take their entire family along as this years Ball also is the culmination of 400Years NYC/Henry Hudson celebrations.This years edition is sponsored by KLM Royal Dutch Airlines as it celebrates its 90th anniversary,(it's the oldest airline in the world btw).

All in all ten members of the Dutch Royal Family will be in attendance:

Princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven
Prince Maurits and Princess Marilène
Prince Bernhard and Princess Annette
Prince Pieter-Christiaan and Princess Anita
Prince Floris and Princess Aimée

The annual Ball is in support of the Netherlands - America Foundation of which HRH and Pieter are Patrons and emphasizes on student exchange programs and the Fulbright Fellowship Program.

News Summary Royalblog.nl: New York again visited by Dutch Royals

courtesy hja

The Netherland America Foundation

One of the Dutch top chefs will take care of the tastebuts,Jonnie de Boer of the 3 Michelin stars "De Librije",while the former Grand Master of HM Household and old fellow student and friend from her University years,mr.Floor Kist will be the center of the stage with a satirical dialogue.

I'm glad to hear that the entire family will head to NYC! I'm sure that this will be a lovely trip for them. I can't wait to see the photos!

That sounds like such a fun trip for the family! I know the kids won't attend the ball, but I wonder if any of them will tag along on the trip?

Those who will have to go to school will certainly not be in NY!
Little Pieter will celebrate his first birthday on the 19th (maybe his sister Emma and he himself, his cousins Magali and Eliane and Benjamin) But I think it will only be the grandparents and parents

Those who will have to go to school will certainly not be in NY!
Little Pieter will celebrate his first birthday on the 19th (maybe his sister Emma and he himself, his cousins Magali and Eliane and Benjamin) But I think it will only be the grandparents and parents

Yes,only the grandparents and the parents.Plenty of grandparents left here to take care of the whole kiddy gang.:)

Pieter van Vollenhoven attended the annual herring party at Castle Neijenrode. He was accompanied by prince Floris.

Are you sure it is prince PC? It looks like a totally different person to me, maybe involved with the organization since he is wearing a ribbon.

In the Stan Huygens journaal of yesterday (in the Telegraaf) they said that Floris was there too.

Are you sure it is prince PC? It looks like a totally different person to me, maybe involved with the organization since he is wearing a ribbon.

In the Stan Huygens journaal of yesterday (in the Telegraaf) they said that Floris was there too.

Yes i read that too. PC looks somewhat different, i think because of his hair:whistling:.

I'm absolutly agree with Emily!! love the photos and the cake!!! is gorgeous ;) thanks!!!

Princess Margriet, Pieter van Vollenhoven, their 2 oldest sons, their daughter-in-laws and their grandchildren visited the circus.

The only ones missing were Prince Pieter-Christiaan, who is allergic for horses, his son, Pieter jr, Prince Floris and his youngest daughter, Magali.

That was a few days before christmas :) Magali was there, but Eliane, Anna and Pieter van Vollenhoven weren't there ;)

Thanks, I didn't realise that Anna was also missing. ;)

PR :flowers:

Pieter van Vollenhoven official farewell of the research council for security in the nieuwe kerk in The Hague. February 07, 2011

PPE Agency ** ANP gallery

Last edited:
Pieter van Vollenhoven official farewell of the research council for security in the nieuwe kerk in The Hague. February 07, 2011

PPE Agency ** ANP gallery

Fantastic man who did an outstanding job in raising awareness for security research when it was still an open field.He build up the Research Council from scratch,and against all odds,and sometimes downright anti powers from the respective governments who often found Pieter annoying due to his relentless asking questions on both accidents that occurred,lack of transparancy and incompetent folks on wrong places pushing responsibility as far away as possible,he was a nuisance to them:lol:.He nailed them,with a vengeance,and as a true gentleman having a way with words not many can surpass.Really,the man performed miracles almost in gaining momentum for his Council,something he is widely applauded for,absolutely.

There was a fantastic documentary on his life and work aired last sunday,but very late,after 11PM,rediculously late.It showed many aspects of what makes Pieter van Vollenhoven tick,the support of his Princess,his family,his drive for truth and justice,filmed during work or at the new home of Pieter and the Princess and at the "Marianne Schuur",(Marianne's Stables) which is their new guesthouse.

Absolutely,I wish more men of his caliber would be around

http://player.omroep.nl/?aflID=12150203

Last edited:
TRH Prince Constantijn & Princess Laurentien as well as HRH Princess Margriet,TH Prince Maurits and Princess Marilène attend the Royal wedding of HRH Prince Rashid bin al Hassan (32)and Zeina Shaban (23),Amman,Jordan today.

Princess Margriet, Prof. Pieter van Vollenhoven, Prince Floris, Princess Aimee, Princess Annette,
Prince Bernhard, Princess Marilene and Prince Maurits attended the launch of the new Red Cross,
Princess Margaret Fund at the Theater Carre in Amsterdam today, September 12, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** anp gallery ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
Apart from the van Vollenhovens the event was also attended by the wonderful Mrs. Martine van Loon-Labouchère, the grand mastress/mistress (unfortunate title in English ;)) of HM The Queen.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Sep2011/PPE11091259.jpg

I guess she could have gone by foot as Huize van Loon in a 5-10 minute walk away from the theatre.

The evening was presented by Ivo Niehe, who must be a favourite of the couple since he interviewed both of them on several occassions.

-

The fund named after the princess starts with a capital of € 1.095.000.The fund will focs on 'preperation for disasters'.

Last edited:

Princess Margriet and Prince Floris waved goodbye to the historical sailing ship Oosterschelde in the port of Rotterdam today, November 3, 2012. The ship will be on a half-year journey around the world. The Oosterschelde is the largest restored sailing ship in the Netherlands.

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

I love what Princess Margriet's wearing! The gold- ish colour really suits her! ;)

Back
Top Bottom