Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 5: January 2021 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A ten-year old should really not be outranking her father, especially when there's no official state business going on (not that Estelle could be involved in the latter since she's a minor).

Just give everybody equal chairs. It's silly.

A ten-year old should really not be outranking her father, especially when there's no official state business going on (not that Estelle could be involved in the latter since she's a minor).

Just give everybody equal chairs. It's silly.

Obviously the organizers had put one "royal" chair to the VIP box while knowing that only Daniel would come and thought that Daniel would sat at that chair. But Estelle sat there instead. It is a Royal Tennis Hall, and when two royals (adults) come to see the match, they put two "royal" chairs there and when one royal comes, they put one "royal" chair. The King is the Royal Tennis Club's patron and queen Silvia, princess Christina and Daniel are honorary members.

Last edited:
Obviously the organizers had put one "royal" chair to the VIP box while knowing that only Daniel would come and thought that Daniel would sat at that chair. But Estelle sat there instead. It is a Royal Tennis Hall, and when two royals (adults) come to see the match, they put two "royal" chairs there and when one royal comes, they put one "royal" chair.

Then Estelle made them look silly, and shouldn't Daniel have insisted on taking the chair? Almost certainly Victoria alone would never have let her, or Estelle wouldn't even have tried.

Neither Dan nor Estelle nor the tennis people come out great here.

Then Estelle made them look silly, and shouldn't Daniel have insisted on taking the chair? Almost certainly Victoria alone would never have let her, or Estelle wouldn't even have tried.

Maybe it’s just not that serious and she wanted to sit next to the girl near her age.

I think Daniel didn't mind that his daughter sat at the "royal" chair. And the organizers surely don't mind that a royal princess sat at the "royal" chair. I didn't pay attention to the chairs until you wrote about it. It is hardly a big deal for Daniel and Estelle. And I don't think the audience paid attention who sat at what chair.
The girl looks like Bonnie Sundin, who we saw with Estelle at a concert in the summer.

Daniel and Estelle met also tennis player Elias Ymer, older brother of Mikael Ymer.
https://gramhir.com/media/2954102854587577046

Video from the tennis quarter final
Estelle von Schweden_ Süßer Papa-Tochter-Ausflug bei den Stockholm Open _ BUNTE.de

Photos
https://www.legion-media.ru/event/en/1/8074419.143042

Last edited by a moderator:
Svensk Damtidning:
On Daniel's 50th birthday on Friday, September 15, 2023, there will be celebrations in connection of the King 50 years on the throne, a Te Deum in the Royal Chapel and a singer's tribute to his father-in-law in Outer Courtyard. And the big gala dinner at the Hall of State at the Royal Palace.
So what's up with Prince Daniel and his 50th birthday party?
- Prince Daniel will be celebrated - but not on that particular day, says the Marshal of the Realm Fredrik Wersäll.
Svensk Dam avslöjar_ Prins Daniel stoppas – får ingen 50-årsfest _*Svensk Dam

Last edited:
Radiohjälpen and Crown Princess Victoria's Fund contribute to changing lives by supporting association activities for people with disabilities and thus contribute to breaking isolation in society. Of the 155 projects that applied for funds, Radiohjälpen has decided to award support to 99 applicant associations.
Of the projects that receive support,50 projects are granted SEK 6,505,176 from Crown Princess Victoria's Fund.
People with a disability or chronic illness have the same right to an active leisure time as everyone else. Radiohjälpen's fundraisings for this purpose take place both via the Radiohjälpsfonden and via Crown Princess Victoria's Fund, of which Crown Princess Victoria is the patron.
99 projekt för rätten till en aktiv fritid _ Radiohjälpen

Children with disabilities have the same right to active leisure time as all other children. Radiohjälpen's fundraising to Crown Princess Victoria's Fund enables support in Sweden for, among other things, camp activities, trips/excursions and different sports – activities that often require resources for extra staff and adapted equipment. The purpose is to support activities that contribute to an active leisure time, to break isolation, raise the quality of life, strengthen self-esteem and to meet new friends.
A total of SEK 6,505,176 was granted from the fund in 2022.
Beviljade_bidrag_Kronprinsessan_Victorias_fond_2022

Svensk Damtidning writes that despite that yesterday must have been extremely intense, Daniel put on his training clothes and left Haga on Sunday morning together with Estelle, they went to play padel.
Estelle looked sprightly and happy playing padel with dad Daniel and a coach.
Even Daniel looked very cheerful, despite yesterday's big event. In other words, he seems to have gone home in reasonable time.
It's also nice to see how Daniel prioritizes quality time with his daughter, even though the Nobel festivities continue on Sunday.
Avslöjat! Daniel och Estelles hemliga söndagsnöje – mitt i Nobelfirandet _*Svensk Dam

Damernas Värld/Expressen
Crown Princess Victoria's best looks in 2022
Damerna Världs' favorite look in all categories in 2022 on Crown Princess Victoria
If we had to choose a single look from 2022 that beats all the others, it's this ensemble from Totême that takes home the style award – it's perfect. Showcasing the shoulders of the princess (don't think it was a coincidence that her wedding dress showed off her toned shoulders), it's timeless, elegant, chic and easy to wear. The white envelope bag is the icing on the cake. Full points!
https://static.cdn-expressen.se/images/bb/32/bb32039e96624a4c8a91438eca50e1de/annan/900@80.jpg

More:
The soft suit look
This year's Crown Princess Victoria detail: The scarf around the bag
This year's Crown Princess Victoria pattern: Plaid
Coats: Neutral color scheme
Gowns: Bold colours
This year's Crown Princess Victoria trendiest: Sequins and feathers
This year's Crown Princess Victoria exclamation point: Bright green pumps
Classics: The floral dresses
Kronprinsessan Victorias bästa outfits 2022_ Bästa lookerna _ Damernas Värld
Kronprinsessan Victorias bästa looker 2022

Last edited:
Royalistan blog in Elle Sweden has selected seventeen occasions during 2022 that she thinks Victoria dressed extra stylishly.
Victoria always has a sense of fashion, style and details. She always dresses appropriately for the occasion and preferably with a message that speaks through the fashion.
Mode_ Kronprinsessan Victorias bästa looks 2022

Interesting Bachelor's Thesis (92 pages)
Author: Carolina Forsman
Degree Programme: Beauty and Cosmetics, Vaasa, Finland
Title: “A Modern Royal with a Sense of Style” – A theoretical study of how Crown Princess Victoria uses clothing as a communication tool in her duties as a monarch
Based on images of the Crown Princess Victoria in the mass media, the author examines how the Princess applies costume as a means of communication, and thus what effect that language of dress has had on the perception of her royal role. Through the documenting of studies, image analysis and evaluation, the author has drawn the conclusion that the Crown Princess's external appearance has a high symbolic value, and that the language of her dress permeates the societal reflections of her. With the help of clothing, the Crown Princess highlights reuse and sustainability and brings national design into the public space, which isanticipated to strategically strengthen trade and business of the Swedish nation. The status and nobility of the Princess are propagated through her clothing. In this way she will continue to be perceived as respectful and loyal to the Crown. She masters the balance between the noble title Crown Princess and being connected unpretentious by choosing easily accessible clothing from chains stores.
Carolina Forsman - Examensarbete 2022 - Kronprinsessan Victorias klädsel som kommunikationsverktyg

Last year, on 24th May, Daniel unexpectedly met Kaja Kallas, the Prime minister of Estonia, at the airport in Gothenburg.
Daniel had been the day before at the Swedish Young Enterprise Championships at Svenska Mässan in Gothenburg and was on his way back to Stockholm, and Prime minister Kallas came to an official visit to Sweden and they met at the airport.
Prime minister Kallas at her Twitter
"My visit to Sweden started with a surprise welcome by His Royal Highness Prince Daniel.
Estonia and #Sweden are close friends and excellent partners.
Looking forward to the upcoming two days in Gothenburg and Stockholm."
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FTgd8lNWAAAQIYS?format=jpg&name=900x900

Daniel attended the IHF Men's World Championship 2023 semi final match between France and Sweden at Tele2 Arena in Stockholm yesterday, January 27:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Nice to see Daniel watching handball. Sweden lost 26-31 and will now meet Spain at the bronze match.
Daniel was at the match with his friends Andreas Nylin and Niklas Ek and Hans Vestberg, the former chairman of the Swedish Handball Federation.
Vestberg on the left and Nylin on the right at this photo
https://bildbyran.se/getjpeg?id=230127JM074&size=950x632&wtag=1
Niklas Ek, project manager at Generation Pep, on the right at this photo
https://bildbyran.se/getjpeg?id=230127JM075&size=950x632&wtag=1

ANP gallery

Last edited:
Eleven entrepreneurs are accepted into the Prince Daniel's Fellowship's mentoring program for entrepreneurs, a new round of the program starts in February. Together with hand-picked mentors, the entrepreneurs get a unique opportunity to develop their companies.In addition to individual meetings with the mentors, company visits, lectures and other activities are arranged that can stimulate the entrepreneurs to the next step in business development.
Frida Olander, operations manager for Prince Daniel's Fellowship, says that the interest in participating in the mentoring program has been very high, with a great number of good applications. There is an extensive mutual need from the mentors to exchange experiences and take advantage of the unique competence that exists in the business world.

Selected participants 2023-2025, entrepreneurs/mentors
Marie Stolt, Understatement AB
Mentor: Helene Barnekow, Microsoft

Lotta Rauseus, Insurely
Mentor: Magnus Nilsson, iZettle

Ramtin Massoumzadeh, Quandify AB
Mentor: Mats Wäppling, formerly Sweco and Vasakronan

Martina Sahl, Eldstickan, Myinti AB
Mentor: Ulla Lundevall, Oscar & Clothilde

Isabella Palmgren, Mimbly
Mentor: Anna Ohlsson-Leijon, Electrolux

Philip Malmberg, Dema Brunnsborrning AB
Mentor: Helena Hedblom, Epiroc

Amanda Mattsson, Period Pack
Mentor: Anna Stenberg, Kinnevik and former WES

Madelene Törnblom, Maya Delorez AB
Mentor: Tomas Ekman, Dustin

Joceline Lu, Yipin, Nordic Green Food AB
Mentor: Mia Brunell Livfors, Axel Johnsson AB

Nils Berglund, Vyer Technologies AB
Mentor: Erik Selin, Balder

Dino Eklöf, Office recycling
Mentor: Stefan Dahlbo, Fabege

This is the sixth round of the Prince Daniel's Fellowship's mentoring program for entrepreneurs. 63 entrepreneurs have been accepted into the program since its inception in 2013.
Deltagarna i Prins Daniels Fellowships mentorprogram utvalda – hela listan _ Kungl. Ingenjörsvetenskapsakademien (IVA)
Ny omgång av Prins Daniels Fellowships mentorprogram - Prins Daniels Fellowship

Last edited:
Daniel gets a Professorship named after him

New professorship at Karolinska Institutet centred on prevention
Thanks to donations from numerous actors (totalling SEK 23 million), Karolinska Institutet is now able to create a new professorship in prevention medicine. The professorship is named after its patron, HRH Prince Daniel.
For many years, HRH Prince Daniel has been promoting healthy lifestyles amongst the young, for example through his engagement in Generation Pep and the Swedish Crown Princess Couple’s Foundation. The new professorship at Karolinska Institutet now bears his name:
The Prince Daniel Professorship in Cardiovascular Prevention.
New professorship at Karolinska Institutet centred on prevention _ Karolinska Institutet Nyheter
Ny professur vid Karolinska Institutet med fokus på prevention _ Karolinska Institutet Nyheter

Great honor. Daniel was appointed Honorary Doctor at Karolinska Institutet in April 2022.

Last edited:
Journalist Niklas Wahllöf writes at Dagens Nyheter about meeting the Crown Princess family, the column is behind a paywall:
The government should have asked the royal family before slaughtering the budget for nature conservation
In what other country can you run into the royal family in a nature reserve? It is said that we love our nature in Sweden, and I too have drifted there late in life. But the government is apparently at odds with its people and does not cherish the tradition.
Niklas Wahllöf_ Varför slaktas budgeten till naturvård_ - DN.SE

Svensk Damtidning quotes the column
Unexpected meeting with Victoria and Daniel
Niklas Wahllöf tells how he suddenly met the Crown Princess family during a hiking trip in Lovö Nature reserve. He met a family with children and "three sturdy men" on a narrow path in the Nature reserve near Drottningholm, the family greeted happily and made eye contact with everyone who passed by. "A happy little boy with a new-found stick in his hand happened to run into me and a short distance away his mother shouted: "Oscar, you say Excuse me!", Wahllöf writes, and didn't realize who he was actually greeting. He tells: "When we made our way past the group and the walk continued, I was asked: "Didn't you see who it was, who you were greeting?" "No". Victoria, Daniel and the children. The Crown Princess couple!" Close contact with the line of succession, that is. And their bodyguards, in the Lovö Nature reserve, close to Drottningholm. You didn't see that coming."
Oväntade mötet med kronprinsessfamiljen – Victorias uppmaning till Oscar avslöjas _*Svensk Dam

Last edited:
The Crown Princess family was yesterday seen at ”Joe & The Juice”.
"Apparently I'm not the only one who likes "Joe & The Juice"....
The whole little cute Royal Family came behind me in the queue to order….
I, who never get "starstruck", have to say that I thought it was fun
Sneak a bit under the table, unfortunately cut off Estelle's head".
https://www.instagram.com/p/CqLcuzvIONI/

Daniel was yesterday evening at the Euro 2024 Qualification match between Sweden and Belgium at the Friends Arena, with his friends Patrik Vrbanc and Johan Skarborg. Sweden lost 0-3.
ANP Gallery

Last edited:
Article about Daniel at Finnish Hufvudstadsbladet:
https://i.postimg.cc/z3ZdpkD3/Daniel.jpg

Someone has a painting of Victoria on the way.
"Maybe, maybe it will be ready at some point...
After my own photo when Crown Princess Victoria was visiting Borås at the University of Textiles. I got to join in and take my own photos.
Oil, two meter high canvas."
https://www.instagram.com/p/CqEYFHYN4q5/

The photo and painting is from Victoria's visit to Borås in 2003.

Embroideries of the Crown princess family
https://www.instagram.com/p/CqTFg4ttxxV/

Last edited:
Author and popular historian Herman Lindqvist had his 80th birthday yesterday. He has given some interviews and spoken about Victoria in them.

The interest in history also paved the way for an unexpected direction. For a period he was Crown Princess Victoria's private tutor.
- It was she herself who asked me to come and talk history with her. She reminded me of her dyslexia, but told me that the spoken words went straight in. We met regularly for three years in a study at the Palace. We talked about history but also a lot of other things, about media, life and love. It all ended with her coming home to us in Paris, we drank champagne and ate oysters at La Coupole.
How was she as a student?
- Very interested and curious. She wanted to know more all the time. She took notes diligently and asked many questions.
Today he has some contact with the royal house, but no more than that. Maybe there isn't enough time. At the beginning of June, his 69th book will be published, which is about Gustav Vasa's time in power. Books 70 and 71 are already underway.
Herman Lindqvist blickar gärna bakåt - DN.SE

Herman Lindqvist is an outspoken royalist and has also become close to the royal family. As Victoria's private history teacher for three years he got behind the scenes and became even more interested. Despite this, he has made controversial statements such as the name Estelle sounds like a nightclub queen.
- There was an uproar, but it calmed down quite quickly and Crown Princess Victoria didn't mind. We talked about it and I'm still good friends with her. I am one of the few Swedes who say what I think. I'm not afraid of conflict.
You recently said that Princess Estelle will be the last regent?
- Yes, I think so. Most politicians want a republic and the less royal this family becomes over the years, the weaker will the case for retaining monarchy become. If everyone is completely ordinary people, everything has lost its meaning.
Do you think the royal children should choose partners of royal birth?
- I think they should marry the one they love. At the time I was Victoria's teacher, I encouraged her to marry Daniel.
https://i.postimg.cc/Z5JrsZcd/C2.jpg

I am one of the few Swedes who say what I think. I'm not afraid of conflict.
Isn't it funny how all these thousands and thousands of men of a certain age who never stops sharing their, at least according to themselves, "controversial" views about everything all pride themselves on being the only one who does so.

Last edited:
The carpenter from Russia gave the crown princess a rocking chair
Carpenter Roslan Dzhabrailov had many customers in Russia, but after fleeing to Sweden, success has been non-existent, at least so far. But one of his rocking chairs is in the palace. Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel received it as a wedding present. The rocking chair has sides with two swans – symbolizing eternal love.
Lerumsbon skänkte gungstol till kronprinsessan _ Lerums Tidning

At the the completion of the Mentoring program 2021-2023 on April 1

"@prinsdanielsfellowship mentoring program has been a fantastic opportunity, both for our personal development as entrepreneurs and for our company @movingfloor
Prince Daniel's strong interest in entrepreneurship has permeated the entire program and made each meeting very rewarding and educational.
@1919_iva has carried out the program in an exemplary manner and given us entrepreneurs the opportunity for inspiring lectures with e.g. Stanford.
The steering group, consisting of Jessica Schultz, Marcus Wallenberg, Carl Benett, Johan Skarborg and Jenny Nordlöw, has contributed with inspiration and solid networks for us adepts. We especially want to thank our fantastic mentor Gunnar Brock who we got through the program and who we now don't want to let go!
We would like to express our warm thanks to Prince Daniel, Gunnar Brock, the King. The Academy of Engineering Sciences and the Steering Group for these very rewarding years and not least @jennynordlow, Jakob Rudberg and Frida Olander for a very well executed mentoring program."
https://www.instagram.com/p/CqqnW5dslCc/

Svensk Damtidning writes that it has information that SVT is marking Daniel's 50th birthday on 15th September with a documentary film.
According to Svensk Damtidning's information, reporter and talk show host Carina Bergfeldt has interviewed children in Västerås (24th May) for the upcoming documentary, in connection with the crown princess couple's visit to the city, where Carina is said to have also been seen walking a few meters in front of the couple.
Carina has asked several questions. Among other things, how the children think that "Daniel has adapted to royal life".
When Svensk Damtidning asks SVT about the project, they answer:
- It is not something we can confirm.
SVT gräver i Daniels förflutna – mörka tiden _*Svensk Dam

When Daniel visited Stensätterskolan in Katrineholm with Generation Pep on 16th May, people wrote in Twitter that Carina Bergfeldt was with at the visit.

Margareta Thorgren said to Expressen that Victoria and Daniel are travelling back to Sweden directly after the wedding. So there are no time for tourism.
- They will be present at this wedding, after which the crown princess couple will go directly to Sweden. As you know, we are in an incredibly busy period.
Next week marks the first anniversary, in the great jubilee year 2023, when Sweden celebrates National Day and the memory of Gustav Vasa's coronation in Strängnäs in 1523 – the definitive end of the Kalmar Union which was dictated by Denmark.
- It means a bigger celebration from morning to night, says Thorgren.
Victoria bar svenskt på kungliga bröllopet _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom