Wealth of The German Royal/Princely Houses

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kcc

Commoner
hi.does anyone have info about the wealth of the german royal/noble families. i mean how much do they still own. property and such.

The annual Forbes lists includes foreigners but the majority of German noble families do not make the list - Thurn und Taxis a rare example

One of the German business magazines does a list every year (but it is available online for a fee), and there are few noble families on it ...

thank you marlene. i guess wealth,like most things in life is relative.

The Furst von Thurn und Taxis is listed as the youngest Billionaire several years running. He is also one of the largest if not the largest land owner in Germany.

I'd take Stefan Quandt over a Prince any day of the week.

what about the waldburg,wurtemburg,mayr of menhoff(sp),and the eltz families. what is to happen to the duke of bavaria's holdings after he passes away. will it go to his nieces or to the heir to the title.

I can't find this thread anywhere so I am asking this question. What is the wealth of the German Royal/Princely Houses? Who is the riches? I assume it is the Thurn Taxis (sp). Where does the Hannovers, Badens, Hesses, Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburgs, Sayn Wittgenstein Sayns, etc. fit into this group? Do they have various Castles, Much Land, Investments, etc.

All replies are welcomed.

Where does the Hannovers, Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburgs, Hesses, etc. list among the richest of Germany? Also, what is the name of the German Business Magazine that is referenced above?

Lalla Meriem said:
The Furst von Thurn und Taxis is listed as the youngest Billionaire several years running. He is also one of the largest if not the largest land owner in Germany.

Albert's profile by Forbes

Who is Stefan Quandt?

The Quandts

Idriel said:
Who is Stefan Quandt?
Idriel, from the same Forbes link, using search:
[edited and paraphrased]

Johanna Quandt & Family
Net Worth: $18.4 bil (up from last year); Germany; widowed.
Johanna and children, Susanne and Stephan, have a 50% stake in car-maker BMW. The family also owns one fifth of Gemplus, the world's leading smart-card vendor, and half of pharmaceutical and chemical producer Altana. Though exceedingly publicity-shy, they are well known for their philanthropy.

:) W

I have no ideal what the current financial status is of most of the former german royals. The only ones who regularly appear on Forbes Magazine list of Billionaires are Prince Albert von Thurn und Taxis ($2 billion) & the Prince of Liechtenstein( $3.2 billion).

In 1925 the former Kaiser Wilhelm II was given 15 million goldmarks (about 3.5 to 3.75 million dollars) & 250,000 acres of crownlands as a property settlement from the State of Prussia. I suspect his heirs lost most of this after WWII.

Lalla Meriem said:

I just read somewhere that Stefan Quandt had married. Can't find the site, though. Those rich bachelors are dropping like flies!

What about the Hanoverian Princes and the castle they own? I wonder how much it must be worth? I think I recall Prince Ernst V having to auction some of the old family valuables from the castle in order to get some renovations done.

Back
Top Bottom