Which royal family has the best collection of jewels?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:
We do know as a large part of the Imperial collection is on display.

I think it's easy to jump right to Sweden, Britain and the Netherlands as they have the largest collections and are reigning houses!

I have to disagree -as much as I love all of their collections and can't get enough when it comes to looking (other Scandinavian ladies as well), I have to disagree!

I think Greece has the best collection -albeit smaller than it used to be, but their collection has some of the best and most beautiful tiaras around and the fact that Anne Marie and family have been able to keep them even through exile is amazing!

I love, love, love the Greek jewels!

Probably Iran, as we never get to see them so we don't know what's left.

No, I also was afraid the jewels got lost during the revolution of 1979,but most of it is on display in Tehran! You can also watch many of it online,on wikipedia and other pages!I agree with you,they have very big,creative and precious jewels.Farah Dibah left the crown jewels in Iran and luckily they were not sold or disappeared in other ways:whistling:

Even though I have favourites from each royal family jewerly, I vote for The British, The Swedish and The Netherlands, for obvious reasons.

And though the Morrocan Royal Family own only 1 tiara per Princess, I must recognize that they have the most varity, exquisite and unusual pieces in their Jewerly vault, and dare I say the Morrocan Royal Family might be the one with the biggest collection of jewerly sets.

Are we limited to royal families presently on the throne? When I was in Turkey, the royal jewels are now in the museum in Istanbul. I remember they had a little sign up that they were the most valuable royal jewels in the world. The emeralds had to be seen to be believed.
Many jewels from the ottomans were at the exile sold. In the museum are only a few of the jewels

No, I also was afraid the jewels got lost during the revolution of 1979,but most of it is on display in Tehran! You can also watch many of it online,on wikipedia and other pages!I agree with you,they have very big,creative and precious jewels.Farah Dibah left the crown jewels in Iran and luckily they were not sold or disappeared in other ways:whistling:

At one time, the Persian Crown Jewels were the support for the monetary system. I wonder if they still are.

The Dutch have the best collection. They have a large collection and they're not so strict in what a Princess is allowed and not allowed to wear. If I'm marrying a prince, I better have access to the diamonds. I ain't here for sharing or sticking with just one.

The British have a big collection too but besides The Girls of GB Tiara, they're all unremarkable or just plain hideous looking.

1. The Netherlands a large collection with historicle items but also new added by queen Maxima
2. uk have a famous collection of jewllery were items have been given to the royals by for example arabic royals
3. Sweden a broad collection with different tiaras then the other royal horses as the cameos and steel tiaras
4. Luxembourg (they have many tiaras)

1. The Netherlands a large collection with historicle items but also new added by queen Maxima
2. uk have a famous collection of jewllery were items have been given to the royals by for example arabic royals
3. Sweden a broad collection with different tiaras then the other royal horses as the cameos and steel tiaras
4. Luxembourg (they have many tiaras)

Although mentioned in passing above, I think the Russian imperial collection is probably the best collection of jewelry; we know of the family's tragic end but the artistic and historic contribution of Russian jewellers should not be forgotten. See here for the tip of the(diamond studded) iceberg:cool:
A Highly Important Bow Necklace From the Collection of the Russian Imperial Family

What beautiful tiaras and jewelry and you see them all together. The only thing I have a melancholy is for jewels of our own Queen Anne-Marie and fate will have in the future especially the wonderful Ruby Olive and Emerald Parure. Just i don't want to thinking.

What awful teeth Queen Margrethe has!
(Only to be expected from a chain-smoker).

Still there must be something she could do.

Back
Top Bottom