A Boy for Victoria and Daniel - Oscar Carl Olof, Duke of Skåne: March 2, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He sure is a cutie, and the double of his sister as a newborn. Best wishes to Daniel, Victoria, estelle and Oscar!

I think he looks just like Victoria! I love the recycled baby clothes

IMO he looks like Daniel. I hope he doesn't have the family chin

I think Oscar is very cute and looks a lot like his sister. But I think this baby has more of Victoria, while Estelle looked a bit more like Daniel when she was born. I'm sure he will change a lot though, as does evry child.

Yay, first photos! What a cutie, he does look a lot like big sister. :wub:

To me they both look like their daddy in their first photos, but sweet little Estelle looks more and more like her mommy as time goes on. I'm sure he's going to be a little character just like big sister, too. SO looking forward to the coming years watching these two little darlings develop!

He is adorable. She looks like his parents and Estelle.

Little Oscar is adorable, I agree that he looks a lot like Estelle did at that age. It's also lovely that he's wearing a babygro from Alice Sommerlath's collection. Didn't Estelle also wear a cardigan made by Alice for her first official photo?

Saw this post on my tumblr today. As many have said the resemblance of Oscar and Estelle at the same age is remarkable. Can't wait to see this little guy grow up. Especially since Estelle is quite the character
http://stellaofsverige.tumblr.com/image/140634032693

Also I read somewhere can't member where that the family photos will be released in a few weeks

Last edited:
The new little prince is a gorgeous baby!

Estelle, Lenore, Nicholas were all beautiful newborns as well!:p

No it's just a service (or in some cases part of a church service) used in the Sweden to praise and give thanks to the Lord at important events in the Royal family.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Thank you!

No it is a service of thanksgiving where the royal family, other family members, the royal court and representants from the swedish parliament and government thanks God and prays for the new member of the family.

It is basically a service of thanksgiving consisting of songs, hymns, prayers and readings from the bible. A Te Deum can also be held when there is round birthdays for the monarch, round wedding anniversaries, before a marriage, after a senior family members death for example.

It is a very old Royal tradition in Sweden.

Thank you!

:flowers::) Love the photo of the new little Prince. He is so cute. Don't know which parent he looks like but he does look like his big sis as a newborn. I hope he has her spunk and character when he gets bigger.

Love that he is wearing a shirt embroidered by Alice Sommerlath, like Estelle wore a piece from her as well. Its a cute tie to each other and to Victoria's maternal grandmother.

I cant wait for family photos. I keep picturing the one with Estelle and baby Leonor when the cousins first met. Estelle was so sweet with Leo, and with Nico at the christening. I cant wait to see her with her little brother. I fear based on Estelle, and Nico's recently, we will likely be waiting into April for a family shoot.

Although maybe we will get lucky. As Sofia is due in April, maybe they will release early so not to take too much attention away from CP/Sofia's baby.

DAAAWWW!!! What a cute baby! Looks just like Estelle at that age :)

I think there will be a group shot of all the grandchildren and I would not be surprised that portrait is a gift to the king on his 70th birthday.

To me Oscar looks like his father.

LaRae

The former Marshal of the Court, Victoria's mentor and royal expert Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg (who has written a book "Royal Children: Four generations Bernadotte") about the photo:
Many believe that the prince is similar to sister Estelle, Tarras-Wahlberg agrees.
- Prince Oscar is really his sister's brother. Looking at the first photos of Princess Estelle, they are just alike as two peas in a pod. There are similarities in both the mouth and nose, well actually the whole face. Putting photos next to each other show it well. I looked back at old photos of other children in the royal family and I saw a baby photo of Count Carl Johan Bernadotte, who at that time was Prince, where there are similarities with Prince Oscar. It's the same distance between the eyes, nose and mouth.
Who is more like Prince Oscar, mom or dad?
- I do not have access to any baby photo of Prince Daniel so it is a bit cheating but if I remember right, there are probably a bit of both in Prince Oscar. Little Prince is a sweet, small child with a very nice face. The fine features are already there.
Can you see any similarity between the king and the little prince?
- I've looked at baby photos of King Carl Gustaf and think he had a different face shape if compared to Prince Oscar. Moreover, he had blonder colors. Prince Oscar has darker traits, just like mom Victoria.
Hovexperten_ Prins Oscar lik greve Carl Johan Bernadotte _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

To me Oscar looks like his mother while Estelle looks like her father

Saw this post on my tumblr today. As many have said the resemblance of Oscar and Estelle at the same age is remarkable. Can't wait to see this little guy grow up. Especially since Estelle is quite the character
http://stellaofsverige.tumblr.com/image/140634032693

Also I read somewhere can't member where that the family photos will be released in a few weeks

Estelle and CG don't look anything alike, but CG's expression in that pic reminds me of the same faces Estelle would make when she was a baby! ? But she was and is still cute as a button!

Probably because it is :flowers: The first Bernadotte prince born into the royal family was the future Oscar I (son of Jean-Baptiste later King Charles and Desiree [-]Cleary[/-]Clary
As the future Oscar I was eleven years old when he became prince of Sweden, the the first member of the Bernadotte dynasty born as a prince of Sweden was the future Carl VI, the second was prince Gustaf and the third the future Oscar II.
While Olof is obviously meant as an honor to Daniel and his father, the name has a rich history to match those of Oscar and Carl.
<snip>
-Gustaf VI Adolf not only shares a duchy with the little prince, but 2 names in common. His full name was Oscar Frederik Wilhelm Olaf Gustaf Adolph
Even there have been Swedish kings with the name Olof, the name was more historically (as well as in modern times) more common among the kings of Norway, and as Gustaf VI Adolf was born prince of Sweden and Norway, the name Olaf was a homage to Norway, and its national saint, Olaf II of Norway.
http://www.theroyalforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Estelle and CG don't look anything alike, but CG's expression in that pic reminds me of the same faces Estelle would make when she was a baby! ? But she was and is still cute as a button!

CG? As in the King? I never said Estelle looks like the King. The 4 pictures in that link are Daniel, Victoria, Estelle and Oscar as babies.

As the future Oscar I was eleven years old when he became prince of Sweden, the the first member of the Bernadotte dynasty born as a prince of Sweden was the future Carl VI, the second was prince Gustaf and the third the future Oscar II.

Even there have been Swedish kings with the name Olof, the name was more historically (as well as in modern times) more common among the kings of Norway, and as Gustaf VI Adolf was born prince of Sweden and Norway, the name Olaf was a homage to Norway, and its national saint, Olaf II of Norway.

The name may be more common in Norway, but it has a history in Sweden, that was my point. It makes no difference, the baby was named in honor of his dad/grandfather, not because of any royal lineage link. I apologize if I offended your obvious sensitivity to spelling, but I don't see any error in pointing out Sweden also has a history for the name. But I guess to each their own.

As for Oscar I, bad wording on my part. My intended meaning was in he was the first Bernadotte prince of the title by blood and not election. He became a prince of Sweden as the son of his father, not by election/adoption as his father did.

Last edited:
Little Oscar is cute as a button! To me, he mainly looks like his sister at this point but has more of Victoria's features whereas Estelle had more of Daniel's features as a baby.

Another comparison: Victoria * Oscar

To me Oscar looks like his mother while Estelle looks like her father

I agree. Estelle has since grown into a great mix of the two, methinks, but as a baby she definitely looked more like Daniel. At her christening, she looked almost identical to that baby picture of Daniel.

Little Oscar is cute as a button! To me, he mainly looks like his sister at this point but has more of Victoria's features whereas Estelle had more of Daniel's features as a baby.

Another comparison: Victoria * Oscar

I agree. Estelle has since grown into a great mix of the two, methinks, but as a baby she definitely looked more like Daniel. At her christening, she looked almost identical to that baby picture of Daniel.

:) Yes her facial expressions at the christening were definitely all Daddy. You can see it with that baby photo of Dan.

CG? As in the King? I never said Estelle looks like the King. The 4 pictures in that link are Daniel, Victoria, Estelle and Oscar as babies.

Did not mean to imply that - sorry. My point was was actually the rest of the post. No offense meant. I do apologize.

My bad, I have mistaken Daniel's picture for King CG. Well, now I do see the resemblance between Daniel and Estelle as babies. Although she still resembles Vic a lot more than Daniel. But both children are too cute!

He's darling! Love his cute little button nose?. I bet they are just thrilled to bits - just like when his big sister was born!

Svensk Damtidning has a good quality video of Daniel's press conference
Se Daniels presskonferens igen _ Svensk Damtidning

Aftonbladet's article from last week, when people could write their congratulations due to the birth of prince Oscar at the Royal Palace. Thousands of people congratulated the crown princess family via Aftonbladet.
Jonas Rosin, who works as a porter and guide, was at his finer work uniform and received people's congratulations.
- This is very nice, especially if your other name is Olof, says Jonas Rosin, which is actually named Jonas-Olof.
Anyone could sit down at one of the tables and write a short or long salute to Prince Oscar.
- Everything will be handed over to the Crown Princess Couple, then they will be archived in the Royal Archives. We use archive quality paper, says Rosin.
Because so many of our readers wrote "Congratulations to the little prince" and "Welcome to the world little prince" Aftonbladet handed over a stack with thousands of greetings.
- They will also be archived, says Jonas Rosin.
Tusentals läsare lyckönskade – här lämnar vi över hälsningarna _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom