A Boy for Victoria and Daniel - Oscar Carl Olof, Duke of Skåne: March 2, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so happy for The Crown Princess family :twohearts:
To be blessed with two lovely children - a girl and then a boy - that is something to cherish and be thankful for. Congratulations!

Johan T Lindwall writes in Expressen that prince Oscar may be baptized on a special date. The christening will in many ways be similar to Princess Estelle's christening in the Royal Chapel in May 2012. Since he is after Estelle in succession, it may be slightly smaller. But the place is expected to be the same and the priests are given.
The date? If one follows the tradition, which says that the royal christenings be implemented within three months from birth, it will be by the beginning of June.
Allegedly, the christening is to be held on a particular date, as a tribute to the king. Victoria and Daniel are said to look the 7th of June. King Carl Gustaf was baptized on 7th June 70 years ago.
Estelle's christening was on Tuesday, and the 7th June is Tuesday too.
The court is still secretive about the details, Margareta Thorgren says:
- We have in the current situation no information to communicate when it comes to the christening. Earliest maybe after two weeks, we have something we can talk about the christening.
Will the christening be before the summer?
- As I said, nothing we can talk about today, Thorgren said.
Lillprinsen kan få dela dopdag med kungen _ Dokument _ Expressen

On the cover of finnish magazines: Family happiness, the little prince charmed Sweden
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=f96e8e641f84eb1b9ed34d01cf1edeba&oe=57577B82
http://seura.fi/wp-content/uploads/.../26f317740d051c246c53b27c3ad143c0-543x700.jpg

Last edited:
The 7th would be great (not as great as the wedding anniversary :sad:) but fitting to have him baptized on the 70th anniversary of his grandfather's :flowers: If they want to pick a day in June that has special meaning to the king, those are the only 2 days I can think of.

I think Victoria and Daniel coul also choose a date at the end of May, and not necessarly in June.

Svensk Damtidning wrote at last week's issue that after Te Deum there was a lunch at princess Sibylla's apartment. Three courses were on the menu and at the round table sat the king and queen, Daniel and Estelle, Carl Philip and Sofia, Madeleine and Chris, Ewa and Olle Westling, Anna and Mikael Westling Söderström, princess Christina and Tord Magnuson, Dagmar von Arbin, countess Marianne Bernadotte and the Marshal of the Realm Svante Lindqvist and his wife. The king was in a very good mood, despite of his influenza. The lunch was rather quick, Svensk Damtidning tells that Estelle "hade spring i benen", she wanted to get away from the table. Maybe she wanted to go home to Haga Palace to look at her little brother?
Damtidning also tells that a day before Oscar was born, Daniel was having lunch at Teatergrillen and looked very calm and cool.

I guess we'll see a christening on 22:th May (same as Estelle) or 7:th June (same as the King).

19:th June is unlikely as the regent couple celebrates their Ruby Wedding Anniversary on that day wich means there are likely other family celebrations planned.

How much time before the event is a swedish royal christening usually announced? When were, for instance, Estelle/Leonore and Nicolas's christenings announced? A couple of months earlier?

As the future Oscar I was eleven years old when he became prince of Sweden, the the first member of the Bernadotte dynasty born as a prince of Sweden was the future Carl VI, the second was prince Gustaf and the third the future Oscar II.

Even there have been Swedish kings with the name Olof, the name was more historically (as well as in modern times) more common among the kings of Norway, and as Gustaf VI Adolf was born prince of Sweden and Norway, the name Olaf was a homage to Norway, and its national saint, Olaf II of Norway.
http://www.theroyalforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

If I had been Swedish, and named Olaf (is there a female form of Olaf?), my name day and my birthday would have been on the same day.

Sent from my iPod touch using The Royals Community

How much time before the event is a swedish royal christening usually announced? When were, for instance, Estelle/Leonore and Nicolas's christenings announced? A couple of months earlier?

Estelle was born on 23rd February, and the court gave a press release about her christening on 20th March (22nd May).
Leonore was born on 20th February, and the court gave a press release about her christening on 16th April (8th June).
Nicolas was born on 15th June, and the court gave a press release about his christening on 25th August (11th October).

And like I wrote to this thread earlier, Margareta Thorgren said to Expressen on 10th March, that "Earliest maybe after two weeks, we have something we can talk about the christening".

Svensk Damtidning told last week that queen Silvia has commented the happiness about the baby: "It is a gift to get grandchildren. I'm so happy and grateful that everything has gone well with little prince Oscar and I am proud of my daughter".

Sweden's new prince "gets" two storks from the Stork project (The Swedish White Stork Reintroduction Program) in Skåne. Oscar, Duke of Skåne, will be a godfather to two storks at the project, according to a press release.
The Stork project is run by Naturskyddsföreningen i Skåne (The Society for Nature Conservation in Scania) and Skånes Ornitologiska Förening (Scania Ornithological Society) and supported by several municipalities in Skåne. Several private persons are already godparents to one or more storks.
Storkar till prins Oscar _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

Video of the salute to Oscar on 3rd March, in Härnosand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXPo1T-sDZU

Last edited:
A scan of the magazine "Svenskdam" featuring crown princess Victoria strolling around Haga with the pram. (Taken by Cotilleando):

http://www.cotilleando.com/foro/attachments/screenshot_2016-03-21-00-11-18-1-png.384094/

I can't see the photo, but if it is from last week's issue - the photo was at the article and on the cover, this one, and at the article:
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=6d31bded189bfb1391b472a6675d7bdf&oe=5797B1B3
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010040011X14587926292214184

The photo is not new, it is taken of Victoria and Estelle strolling around Haga in the end of April 2012. Svensk Damtidning tells at their photo text, that the photo is of Victoria and Estelle, and I have seen the photo in 2012.

Last edited:
Love how they try and get readers in by using an old picture of Victoria and Estelle :bang: Of course the baby people are expecting the photo to be of is the tiny little circle.

Thanks from the Crown Princess Couple, with a new photo of Victoria and Oscar, taken by photographer Kate Gabor:
Tack från Kronprinsessparet - Sveriges Kungahus
Thanks from The Crown Princess Couple - Sveriges Kungahus

HQ photo
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200...ourt+Sweden+Foto+Kate+Gabor+Kungahuset.se.jpg

Photo of Estelle and Oscar, taken by prince Daniel, from the court Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Kungahuset...515803374007/1075116592547252/?type=3&theater

Svensk Damtidning has made their article in a hurry "The first photo of the mother and daughter..."
Nya bilder på prins Oscar, Victoria och Estelle _ Svensk Damtidning
Första bilden på prinsessan Estelle och prins Oscar ihop _ Nyheter _ Expressen

Last edited:
The one with Estelle and Oscar is very cute. I see they are recycling the "royal pillow" which Chris carried during Nicolas's baptism but at some point wasn't sure where to leave it ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I love the pictures of Victoria, Estelle and Oscar. The sibling picture was cute, and Victoria looked great (love the earrings, would like to see more of the dress). I wish there were a picture of Daniel and Oscar.

Amazing Photos.They are so cute :)

Last edited:
Very sweet photos.
Especially love that photo Prince Daniel took of Estelle holding Oscar. Somehow these pictures seem more natural and normal (I've noticed that most official photos the court publish seem to be over photoshopped. I prefer more natural images).
Hope to see also picture of Dad Daniel with Oscar.

Last edited:
Lovely pictures. Oscar looks to be a good size already and I can't believe how grown up Estelle looks holding him. I expect she is a great help at looking after him.

Estelle looks so cute holding her baby brother. She has such a lovely smile. She is going to be a great big sister.

I like that everyone is in powder blue.

I agree that the powder blue looks lovely on each of them. I wonder whether the official site will upload a high quality photo of Princess Estelle and her brother. At the moment it seems that the picture is only on he facebook page...

Lovely photo of big sister Estelle with Oscar.
the one of mother and son is cute too, but I see that they used way too much photoshop on Victoria

for being the first photos its a shame Daniel was not included :ermm:

Such a beautiful photo of Victoria and her son. I wish they had done one though with Daniel and Oscar. Perhaps there are more to come :sad: There was a whole shoot with Estelle.

And I am so thrilled for my first Estelle and Oscar pic. I have bee waiting for this. She looks so grown up and so proud to be a big sister :flowers:

Beautiful photos. Estelle looks so happy.

Oh, the new photos are wonderful! Although I do agree that it would have been nice to see one of Victoria and Daniel with Oscar, or perhaps one of the whole family together.
Oscar is a gorgeous little one and appears to be very content in his mother's arms. Estelle's facial expressions in the second photo are so heartwarming. They are a lovely family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom