Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 20: November 2021 - January 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lovely look for Mary at an evening reception in Suva, Fiji, today, April 25:

Other than the necklace its a really nice evening look on Crown Princess Mary.

:previous: The necklace does seem a bit heavy looking for the gown. Aside from that it is a very nice look.

The necklace is not a favorite with this outfit, but I wonder if it was a gift that needed to be worn? (As I thank you to the giver?). I like CP in blues!

Sad because weren't found images of Mary in HD tonight. She was gorgeous!

According to the blog Royal Fashion Police, Mary wore a recycled Jesper Hovring gown, notably worn at Crown Princess Victoria's wedding

Three versions, same gown

Last edited:
The dress is beautiful. The Crown Princess' seamstress is a master at repurposing her gowns!

The gown is beautiful. I couldn’t get the link to work for me on the other versions, but this one is lovely. She pulls off one shoulder gowns very well.

I love when outfits are modified and re-cycled. Queen Margrethe used to do that as well.

A really beautiful colour on the Crown Princess and the jewels and hairstyle were perfect

She looks stunning. The rework of this dress is fabulous. Hope we get to see it again when we get actual clear photographs of it and not blurry screenshots. IMO, she was top best dressed.

She looks gorgeous. I love the color of the dress.

I don't remember what the dress looks like before though.

A beautiful dress! love this latest reworking of the same dress since 2010!
And Frederik in this uniform (my top 3 favorite : )) is the perfect companion.

A beautiful dress! love this latest reworking of the same dress since 2010!
And Frederik in this uniform (my top 3 favorite : )) is the perfect companion.

Mary is a Queen of Recycling!

While the dress is beautiful and the best version out of the 3, I thought wearing a one shoulder dress at a muslim wedding a strange choice, everyone else was fully covered.

While the dress is beautiful and the best version out of the 3, I thought wearing a one shoulder dress at a muslim wedding a strange choice, everyone else was fully covered.

Yes, I did like her dress a lot but I did ask my Muslim faith friend what she thought and she was surprised on the exposed shoulder also. She also did not approve of Maxima's lower cut outfit at service. I personally thought they both looked lovely but that is not my faith so wasn't upset. I am sure neither thought to offend. JMO

Here are two more views on last night's look:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I have always liked the dress, and I thought its current adaptation was an inspired choice. I hope we get to see the dress again soon.

As others have pointed out, I am not convinced the one-shouldered look is the best one for a Muslim country, liberal as it may be.

I find it hard to believe that Mary would wear anything that would be inappropriate given she's always conscientious of protocol.

(..) Mary is way too experienced in these things to do something that would be disrespectful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought she looked beautiful and appropriate. Isn't Jordan pretty "liberal" compared to the other countries? But I'm also not all that familiar with the Muslim faith and how they're suppose to dress.

A mistake IMO. Not horrendous and it may have been "okay" but it showed a lack of consideration, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. While Jordan is relatively liberal the brides family are from Saudi Arabia and many of the guests were from other middle eastern countries.

Given how many gowns Mary has it would have been quite easy to pick one that covered her shoulders. TBH the fact they worked on the dress to add the new sparkle material meant thought was given to what she wore yet still they opted for something not quite right IMO.

A mistake IMO. Not horrendous and it may have been "okay" but it showed a lack of consideration, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. While Jordan is relatively liberal the brides family are from Saudi Arabia and many of the guests were from other middle eastern countries.

Given how many gowns Mary has it would have been quite easy to pick one that covered her shoulders. TBH the fact they worked on the dress to add the new sparkle material meant thought was given to what she wore yet still they opted for something not quite right IMO.

Mary has been doing this way too long to not know what is appropriate or nor and how to be considerate. But I can understand why you'd have to have an issue.

Why "would I have an issue"?

Last edited:
Please stay respectful towards your fellow member and accept differing opinions, everyone is free to share his/her opinion, unjust accusations have been removed. Thank you for your cooperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom