Crown Princess Victoria's Official Visit to India: October 14-26, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Princess seems to be having a lovely time, and appears to being looked after very well by her Indian hosts

This photo is my favorite:

ANP Beeldbank

She seems genuinely honored to receive the scarf. The scarf is beautiful!

It looks like a pattern you would see on a sari, its very beautiful (she would look lovely in one). The photos are like a 2-for-1, you get to see the cp and the beautiful sari as well.:flowers:

Victoria with those little kids today are adorable

Today the crown princess travel to Mumbai(Bombay) and met the movie-actor Amir Khan and his wife!

Yay! She finally got to meet a movie-star. It was mentioned earlier in this thread that one of her goals for this trip was to meet an Indian movie-star.

I´m sorry, but I´m really fed up with that ponytail of Victoria. She isn´t a school girl anymore. She is a lovely and beautiful woman, but that ponytail ruins it all.

ExpressIndia/Swedish ties
The Times of India/Swedish princess charmed by Indian dance
Times of India/The Princess Diaries
Zeenews/Aamir invited for dinner by Swedish Princess!

Crown Princess Victoria, and a Holey Man who also wanted to have his pictures taken, is seen posing for the photographers at the shores of the Indian Ocean in Mumbai
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Victoria visits Mumbai
Daylife

Last edited by a moderator:
The latest two designs, gold-purple dress for meeting a very grumpy Bollywood star, and mismatched, creased grey combo at the stock exchange, are two of the ugliest outfits I've ever seen on CP Victoria.
Her eternal ponytail could look much better if it was nicely groomed and positioned a bit differently, but alas, it's not.

Here the program of the visit. As security we don't became the detail information:

Embassy of Sweden - News

Thank you, Johanna! Wonder, why all this secrecy and security as issue. There are far more dangerous countries for westerners than India.

I can´t help wondering, if there is so much secrecy, because this visit is so much lacking a deeper purpose :rolleyes: I can´t recall a trip done by Victoria which had less of a purpose. It´s fine, that she can meet indian ppl and visit popular tourist places. But what has this with Sweden to do? So far only the visit to a SIDA project and the Nobel prize related fesitivity made sense. In the past days it was just tourist things and visits to several places with hardly any Swedish relation.
Now one could say, ok, this is a visit, which should attract tourists...but there is hardly any coverage in Sweden (Svensk Damtidning aside...but that is for grannies only)...which isn´t surprising as the court doesn´t seem to encourage journalists.

It is nice to see that Crown Princess Victoria had an opportunity to meet Indian nobility. As far as I can judge, Crown Princess Victoria enjoys this visit and looks happy and relaxed. There is nothing wrong with her ponytail.

I thought she looked quite beautiful and well put together on this trip. The grey outfit was not perfectly matched.

Manorama Online/Sweden Crown Princess gets warm welcome

The swedish press and media are not very interested in Victoria´s trip, only Svensk Damtidning follows the visit.

Crown Princess Victoria poses for the photographers in a turban in Jodphur on Thursday October 23.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Victoria is welcomed to the Umaid Bhawan Palace by Maharadja Gaj Sing in Jodphur
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Victoria arriving for the dinner hosted by Sedish Consul General Mr. Rakesh Makija
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

TimesNow/Jet Airways' apology to the Royal
Aftonbladet/Här blir Victoria Bollywoodprinsessa
Photos:
Pure People/PHOTOS : Victoria de Suède, princesse indienne pour quelques jours !
Gala/Zu Besuch in Indien

The Swedish media cannot really be blamed as no-one saw fit to alert them to this visit in advance.
The Royal Court's press and information department didn't issue any press release or any schedule before the visit started, and their perfectly terrible website had exactly two meager pieces of info: The dates and the one-word description as 'Besök' = vist... most helpful. :bang:
They didn't do their job and practically hid the visit from view, making no editor aware of it, so I'm actually relieved that the media took notice at all. The Royal Court handled the trip very badly.

Why is she wearing a man's turban, not for example a woman's sari?
As far as I know, Indian women do not wear turbans... and I'm sorry, she looks more ridiculous in it than cute, or charming, or whatever the photo op's aim might have been.
The whole visit seems to consist strictly of photo ops. Apart from one visit to AIDS patients and one vist to a school for the blind, there wasn't anything presenting any content or purpose.
No speech, no charity, no issues... not enough in terms of substance for such a long visit of a Crown Princess, from my point of view.

:bang: Exactly...if that is the future with an option of a wedding in 2011, I´ll stop to watch her. Ok, she is going, ok, it´s surely tiresome to travel a big hot country for approx. 10 days...but I couldn´t understand, if ppl would start babbling about "substance".
If the court/officials wanna "park" her somewhere until she would decide to be a big mature girl (marriage, children and special fields + real support for organisations etc.), then they should put her into university, where she should aim a degree...

As far as I know, Indian women do not wear turbans... and I'm sorry, she looks more ridiculous in it than cute, or charming, or whatever the photo op's aim might have been.

ITA! Maybe she attended a costume party afterwards, I can't imagine occasions when indian woman dress like that.

I also agree on the lack of substance for such a long visit. It hasn't been carefully planned at all. If it was about more or less about photo opportunities they could have waited for Victoria to get married - if that will ever happen - and then get the Taj Mahal pic together with hubby.

The whole visit seems to consist strictly of photo ops. Apart from one visit to AIDS patients and one vist to a school for the blind, there wasn't anything presenting any content or purpose.
No speech, no charity, no issues... not enough in terms of substance for such a long visit of a Crown Princess, from my point of view.

You are absolutely correct - trubans are only worn byIndian men. If she wanted to go local and honour her hosts, she could have worn a saree, or else worn a salwar kameez (which is a tunic style shirt, with loose trousers). This is a route a number of visiting dignitaries have taken over the years, including Sarah Brown and Cherie Blair in recent years.

There were a number of causes that she could have supported or highlighted, but you are absolutely right, the trip seemed to lack depth!

Victoria was supposed to stay in India until October 26, but according to the Swedish press she returned already on Friday.
Did anyone hear about the reason for her to cut the visit short?

Has there been any explanation about why she wore a man's turban? I thought this was very bizarre, and I wonder if this was intentionally done, or if this was a mistake.

Back
Top Bottom