General News for the Wales Family 1: September 2022-March 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In your previous posts, is there any irony involved or is this your honest opinion? Asking for a friend.

How lucky are we to have this Princess of Wales. She just goes from strength to strength.

William really did find THE ONE tbh, she hasn't put a foot wrong in 12 years. :flowers:

That was a lovely surprise indeed, esp in this segment as they were playing a song from Ukraine.

Last edited:
Wow, didn't she look amazing?! I loved the way her beautiful blue dress stood out among the red room, very striking.

What a surprise and the Princess looks so beautiful too!

Wow, didn't she look amazing?! I loved the way her beautiful blue dress stood out among the red room, very striking.

Yes! That was an incredible photo. Just stunning.

Whoever made the decision on the room, the dress color, and arrangement of the dress did an outstanding job.

The blue dress made her stand out beautifully against the red room. And the arrangement of the dress skirt/train around the piano…..someone took the time to arrange it perfectly.

The -stunning- Princess of Wales has taken part in the opening for the Grand Final of the BBC's Eurovision broadcast, playing an instrumental piano piece by Joe Price/Kojo Samuel.
Video:

This is a very nice and lovely surprise! Catherine really looks stunning with that blue dress and with a great background as well ?.

Yes! That was an incredible photo. Just stunning.

Whoever made the decision on the room, the dress color, and arrangement of the dress did an outstanding job.

The blue dress made her stand out beautifully against the red room. And the arrangement of the dress skirt/train around the piano…..someone took the time to arrange it perfectly.

I agree, the whole look had been carefully considered, which I think is no bad thing. The blue colour is obviously paying homage to Ukraine, but I thought the choice of the red background was an inspired choice.

I also think it was a good decion for the Princess to wear a full length dress, it shows up wonderfully against the contrasting red background.

I agree, the whole look had been carefully considered, which I think is no bad thing. The blue colour is obviously paying homage to Ukraine...

Why Ukraine? Blue is the color of the EU and it was the Eurovision...

Do you remember the infamous blue outfit of the late Queen Elizabeth II.?

Why Ukraine? Blue is the color of the EU and it was the Eurovision...

Do you remember the infamous blue outfit of the late Queen Elizabeth II.?

The songfestival was supposed to take place in Ukraine (as last year's winners); due to the war it was held in Liverpool instead.

The songfestival was supposed to take place in Ukraine (as last year's winners); due to the war it was held in Liverpool instead.

And apparently Kate was asked to take part by "sources close to the president". The BRF (for them) has not been shy about supporting Ukraine in the ways it can (see HLM's blue and yellow flowers) and she was part of a group performing last year's winning Ukrainian song.

It seems logical to assume, even if you didn't know, that she wore it in support of Ukraine rather than at random or to support the EU which isn't Eurovision (despite politics) otherwise many, many countries wouldn't take part.

The Eurovision Song Contest has got nothing to do with the EU. Many countries involved - the UK, Switzerland, Albania, Serbia, to name but a few - are not EU members. I'm sure she chose to wear blue in support of Ukraine. As Heavs said, it was part of a piece performing last year's winning Ukrainian song, and the UK was hosting the contest on Ukraine's behalf. President Zelenskyy had hoped to address the Eurovision audience, but the European Broadcasting Union said that politicians weren't allowed to play any part in it, so it was nice that a member of the Royal Family was able to show support for Ukraine instead.

As it is Half Term week, I suspect the Wales family is in Anmer this week. Or if we are really lucky, in Jordan for the wedding.

As it is Half Term week, I suspect the Wales family is in Anmer this week. Or if we are really lucky, in Jordan for the wedding.

No Half Term Week here and most schools here are starting summer Exams ,some finish up next week and the rest week after until early September.

Hopefully the Wales will have nice break!

Prince William has always cared about less fortunate people and this is another example of it. He learned a lot via his mother and has continued to support the homeless, which he'll pass on to his children. It's heartwarming to see him develop as a statesman and hands-on father.

Of course he hasn't learnt anything from his father who was trying to help the less fortunate before he ever met Diana. Ever heard of The Prince's Trust?

I really hate how everything good William does is attributed to his mother as if his father had nothing to do with it.

Of course he hasn't learnt anything from his father who was trying to help the less fortunate before he ever met Diana. Ever heard of The Prince's Trust?

I really hate how everything good William does is attributed to his mother as if his father had nothing to do with it.

Well said, The Princes Trust has helped thousands of people over the years, helping people in to the job market which might even have prevented homelessness in some cases. That is probably something we will never be able to define with any accuracy. Also the awareness of the planet came from his father , Charles was well ahead of the game on that one.

And (just maybe) his mother is mentioned specifically, since it's connected to Centrepoint, the same charity Diana was a patron of? Just to put it in wider context.

And (just maybe) his mother is mentioned specifically, since it's connected to Centrepoint, the same charity Diana was a patron of? Just to put it in wider context.

That is a fair point,

You took the words right out of my mouth! I would say that William has learnt his sense social justice from BOTH of his parents!

I see so much of both his parents in him.

Its not connected to Centrepoint.

Its a project that he plans to start himself in the Duchy of Cornwall. Argueably more a connection to his father and his work through the Duchy.

Diana was brought in as she always is to 'he is so much like his mom'. As Charles' charity work is an oversight at best.

Of course I've heard of The Prince's Trust. I was thinking about how much he learned from his mother about the plight of homeless people and given the topic, I think that's worth mentioning.

I assume you meant that as a general comment, rather than one aimed at me because I'm fairly sure I'm not guilty of that. William also learned a lot from his grandparents.

Its not connected to Centrepoint.

Its a project that he plans to start himself in the Duchy of Cornwall. Argueably more a connection to his father and his work through the Duchy.

Diana was brought in as she always is to 'he is so much like his mom'. As Charles' charity work is an oversight at best.

But this interview IS indeed connected to Centrepoint. From the article:
We sit down to talk at the opening of Reuben House in Peckham, southeast London, an affordable housing development of 33 flats for young people from Centrepoint, the first charity William became patron of in 2005, as his mother once was. He is also patron of another homelessness charity, the Passage, where Diana took him as a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom