General News for the Wales Family 1: September 2022-March 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Louis was so subdued this time!

I have to say that I was a bit surprised by these results of a recent Gallup poll.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/509387/newsmakers-prince-william-popular-putin-least.aspx

https://www.newsweek.com/prince-wil...ns-joe-biden-donald-trump-gallup-poll-1818748

Prince William is more popular in America than President Joe Biden and Donald Trump after 59 percent viewed him positively in a new Gallup poll.
The future king was even more popular than Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in a survey asking U.S. adults their view of 15 prominent figures conducted between July 3 and July 27.
William was liked by 59 percent and disliked by 22 percent giving him a net approval rating of +37, while Zelensky was liked by 57 percent and disliked by 29 percent giving him a net rating of +28.
By contrast, Biden was liked by 41 percent and disliked by 57 percent, putting him on -16, while Trump was liked by 41 percent and disliked by 55 percent, putting him on -14.

Last edited:
I'm not. Giving the political climate in the United States, HRH The Prince of Wales is relatively harmless compared to the other three.

Really not sure where to put this but apparently William has been announced as a new Royal Honorary Air Commodore for RAF Valley and Catherine is taking over William's role as Royal Honorary Air Commodore at RAF Coningsby.

Seems like it has only just be announced so once a better source becomes available I'll try update.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...gious-honorary-positions-Royal-Air-Force.html

Edit - the list of new military appointments for members of the RF

William was based at RAF Valley before and after the couple married. RAF Valley is also the only full RAF base in Wales so makes sense for the Prince of Wales - whomever that is - to be Royal Honorary Air Commodore.

Last edited:
This is just a guess, but I suspect the Wales family are on holiday this week in France. It is the autumn half term break for the children, and at least William, Catherine and George were in France for the rugby over the last weekend.

I know this is an old thread but I am commenting anyway. Even William himself brought up his mother specifically at the event and connected her to his inspiration and "drive" for it.

Now that is the ultimate selfie! I cannot wait for the couple to become King and Queen--they will be amazing!

Georgie is getting cute. I see screaming fangirls on the horizon…

Charlotte looks like the boss of the world; which she undoubtedly is.

It’s funny how Louis can be overshadowed in static by his older siblings and he tries so hard for that not to be the case when dynamic. :lol:

Somewhat disappointed that it isn't a family photo taken on Coronation Day (which was my last hope). Still a missed chance IMO.

I'm not sure about this photo yet, because of aforementioned reason.

Somewhat disappointed that it isn't a family photo taken on Coronation Day (which was my last hope). Still a missed chance IMO.

I'm not sure about this photo yet, because of aforementioned reason.

One was almost definitely taken and will probably be released in the future at an appropriate moment.

I am concerned about George: He IMO always looks stressed, even sad and seems to dislike his position. Plus: Charlotte seems to be the "boss" in the sibling constellation controlling her brothers, especially George.
In the photo everybody is showing teeth and seems to be in good spirits except of George.
Just my opinion.

Charlotte isn't the future Queen, George is probably aware of his position. He doesn't strike me as sad, he's probably an introvert, but being an introvert doesn't make you a sad person. Not every child is grinning from ear to ear all the time, pre-teens also don't like having their photo taken.

I don't mind BW photo but its balance looks off and overall it seems too dark. The kids are lovely though especially Charlotte.

I am concerned about George: He IMO always looks stressed, even sad and seems to dislike his position. Plus: Charlotte seems to be the "boss" in the sibling constellation controlling her brothers, especially George.
In the photo everybody is showing teeth and seems to be in good spirits except of George.
Just my opinion.

I think it is a tricky business to believe you can ever know who anyone is or how they feel from a public photo, especially children who grow and change all the time.

I’d hate if anyone ever judged my leadership abilities or feelings about my siblings from my parents’ Christmas card from 1992. My little sister had cut the hair off my favorite Barbie 20 minutes before the picture was taken and I looked quite angry at everyone.

On the plus side everyone looks great particularly the children. They are growing up so quickly.

On the minus side, this family portrait looks very "utilitarian" and devoid of the warmth you would expect from a Christmas card or family photo.

I really hope this is not the photo they plan to use for their 2023 holiday card.:ermm:

Last edited:
It reminds me of a photo you'd have taken at an American mall studio in the 1990s. The children are adorable and George is turning into a little man.

I know some kids like George, mostly the oldest in a sibling of 3 who take their positions as eldest seriously. Maybe he is an introvert or one of those kids who can’t wait to grow up. I did read somewhere he likes to wear suits to emulate his father (not sure if true). First time I see him looking like the late Queen.

They are a lovely, good-looking family.

On the minus side, this family portrait looks very "utilitarian" and devoid of the warmth you would expect from a Christmas card or family photo.

I really hope this is not the photo they plan to use for their 2023 holiday card.:ermm:

No, I don't like this year's photo. It looks too stark for me and indeed somehow devoid of warmth. It rather looks like an obligatory family photo.

I don't know whether it is because of the photographer (Josh Shinner instead of Matt Porteous) or the composition of the photo.
The photo gave me a flashback to the 2017 Christmas card of the Belgian royal family.

I suspect that this *is* indeed the photo that they will use for their holiday card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom