Photo Retrospective of the Grimaldi Family - Part II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another photo of that famous 'trampoline-Grace-shot':)

Mommy in the air by Stephanie & Caroline

Great time they had! All smiles..:flowers:

Sorry for not so-good quality..

Last edited:

Nice pictures, Tosca. It was the period when Caroline favored a certain layered look : wide-collared shirt, jacket and scarf, and she wore her glasses in public. I was very fond of that look at the time, I thought it was the epitome of classiness. She never quite lost her taste for those wide-collared shirts, I see them reappearing from time to time.

Another clipping of the family, with some portraits of Grace and of the whole family:
http://i10.tinypic.com/4g8utdt.jpg
Thanks for posting that, tbhrc, I especially like the pic of Grace sitting on
the sofa, it's such a private moment..:) And thank you Tosca as well,
the two last pics you've posted are great!

Here are some magazine clippings with many nice pics of the kids:

Grace and Caroline at an official event
Clipping 2
Clipping 3
Clipping 4 with a lovely pic of Grace and the kids
Grace and Albert
Clipping 6

Thanks for the clippings, iceflower ! I wish Grace had not be so enamoured of those high chignons and turbans. She looks so much better with her hair down, so much more modern too. And of course, she always carries herself like a queen, her trademark really. Beautiful finds !

Thanks for the pics Ice! The first two articles sound a bit poisonous, though!

You are most welcome, iloveroyals and Tosca and Ianna, these pics
are really cute, thanks for posting them :flowers::flowers:

Here's a pic I found of Caroline and Steph in Paris in 1991:

The sisters in 1991

Great pictures !! thanks for posting them !

The two pics that are included in the first of your last clippings,
tbhrc, have always been some of my favourites from the late
1980s, both looked so fantastic on these.
A family pic from the 1970s, in the summer

http://i5.tinypic.com/86faia8.jpg

The two pics that are included in the first of your last clippings,
tbhrc, have always been some of my favourites from the late
1980s, both looked so fantastic on these.
A family pic from the 1970s, in the summer

http://i5.tinypic.com/86faia8.jpg
I believe this was taken during the days just before Caroline's wedding to Junot, which was, what? July of 1978?

When is the last time there has been a formal family photo of the three of them (Caroline, Albert, and Stephanie); also, what about Caroline and her children, is there an updated formal family photo of them?

The last family pic in the Palace with Prince Rainier, Princess Caroline, Prince Albert, and Princess Stephanie was taken in December 1998. However for 1999's Rose Ball, Karl Lagerfeld took a pic of Prince Rainier, Princess Antoinette, Princess Caroline, Prince Albert, Princess Stephanie, Prince Ernst, and Elizabeth Ann de Massey.

When Prince Albert was enthroned in July 2005, he posed with Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie on the Palace's staircase.

On June 2006 some pics of the family that showed Prince Albert, Princess Caroline, Charlotte, and Pierre on events in May 2006 were published.

But really there hasn't been a formal family picture next to Princess Grace's painting or in one of the Palace's rooms since 1998.

Nice pictures of Rainer and Caroline. :) Didn't Rainer say sometime that the day Caroline was born was the best day of his life? Wonder when those pics were taken, looks like late 80s or early 90s...

Nice pictures of Rainer and Caroline. :) Didn't Rainer say sometime that the day Caroline was born was the best day of his life? Wonder when those pics were taken, looks like late 80s or early 90s...

Those pics of Caroline and Rainier were taken in autumn 1992, the
text says that Rainier was still sad after the death of Grace, but
during this walk Caroline was able to make him laugh :flowers:

Prince Rainier, Princess Grace and Caroline in Venice back in 1975

Foto Afi

That's a great finding, Tosca, thanks for posting!
The ladies in their wonderful dresses not yet sure how
to get out of that boat, Rainier with the cigarette in his
mouth not yet sure how to help his ladies, that's a really
great pic :)

Here's a nice clipping of Caroline, Steph and Albert in summer
1989, I like the pic of them altogether, that's one of these
we would like to see more often...

----> Clipping 1989

Ice thanks for the Picture I agree we should see Pictures like that more often

Tosca, Iceflower, thanks for the beautiful pictures. I had the one of Rainier, Grace and Caroline on a gondola, on their way to Olimpia's eighteenth birthday party, but they were just sitting there, it was very static, and if truth be told, they looked either embarrassed or bored. This one is terrific, and as iceflower said, there is so much you can read in everybody's posture in that one single shot. It's a dramatic (filled with action and emotion) picture, and Caroline has a slight awkwardness about her that is touching, she so much wants to do things right, be graceful, and of course she is dazzling. How could she miss ?

Yes, I wish there were more pictures of the siblings laughing together. This is a very good one. As I've said before, the other side of the coin of the pain in the neck paparrazis are, is that you can treasure such pictures.

Venice Photo

Olympia de Rothschild..In 1973 when the photo was taken she had not married David de Rothschild yet (she married him in 1974) so she was Olympia Aldobrandini.

This party in Venice was an 18th birthday for Olympia which her Uncle Count Volpi threw at some famous palazzo. Alot of photos from the party were in the press in 1973(Newsweek, Vogue, W) because of the famous names in attendence ..Christina Onassis, Audrey Hepburn, the Grimaldis...., and Joan Kennedy was there dancing up a storm without Teddy Kennedy. In addition this was I believe the first major European party that Princess Caroline attended..she looked very mature and pretty!..and that made headlines.

Thanks Tunney11 for answering my question and the information :) I wish we could see more pics from that party.

Back
Top Bottom