Princess Catharina-Amalia, Princess of Orange, Fashion & Style Part 1: December 2021-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really lovely colour on the Princess of Orange for the kings day family photo shoot.

She definitely stands out in this color; not sure about the combination with a green hand bag.

N.G. It's not for a photo shoot. It is what the family is wearing today during their visit to Rotterdam.

Last edited:
Reminds me of Leonor's suit for the Princess of Asturias Awards, but this shade of pink is a bit prettier, such a great colour on blondes!

She has the same Marina Rinaldi suit in black (which she wore for the official portraits taken earlier this year)

She really is quite lovely, and she wears her clothes with a surprising degree of confidence especially as she is quite a tall woman. The big plus, even though it is not a habit I really don't not like, is that if she can wear her coat over her shoulders, she must have really great personal deportment, or it would slide off her shoulders. :flowers:

This suit was a winner!!
Gorgeous and perfect in cut, color, and style. She can wear this suit 50 years from now and it will still look amazing!

That's a beautiful outfit! Bold choice of colours and it works.

She really is quite lovely, and she wears her clothes with a surprising degree of confidence especially as she is quite a tall woman. The big plus, even though it is not a habit I really don't not like, is that if she can wear her coat over her shoulders, she must have really great personal deportment, or it would slide off her shoulders. :flowers:

Do we have any pictures of royal women with their coats on the ground around their ankles??

Love it! Great color, great cut, terrific poise. This young woman is the most interesting of the young European royals to watch. She's a winner.

Not bad but wish she did something with her hair for the event.

Yes, the colour is good on her and the suit is fine. Her necklace looks gorgeous but IMHO her hair lets the whole look down and makes her appear untidy even though the rest is not bad at all.

Two beautiful ladies. They look so happy to be together.

Not bad but wish she did something with her hair for the event.

This is how half the young women & influencers in Amsterdam style their hair these days so I imagine we are going to be stuck with it for a while ;).

This is how half the young women & influencers in Amsterdam style their hair these days so I imagine we are going to be stuck with it for a while ;).

Future Queen or not, she needn’t wear her hair in a stuffy updo just yet. She’s young- and really lovely- and has had her youthful freedom curtailed for reasons beyond her control. I say she’s entitled to ‘fly her freak flag’ as we used to say. Better for her hair to look like her mother’s just now rather than her grandmother’s! IMO

Future Queen or not, she needn’t wear her hair in a stuffy updo just yet. She’s young- and really lovely- and has had her youthful freedom curtailed for reasons beyond her control. I say she’s entitled to ‘fly her freak flag’ as we used to say. Better for her hair to look like her mother’s just now rather than her grandmother’s! IMO

Well I wasn't thinking she needed to put it in a "stuffy updo" or mirror her grandmother! Plenty of people wore theirs down, but rather maybe not quite style it as she might for a night out with her friends. She wore a dark business suit, perhaps she could have "let her freak flag fly" by dressing a little less conservatively but taming her hair a bit? She doesn't have to have it up by any means. Maxima's hair is definitely not Beatrix's but doesn't look like her daughter's either. I'm not in her age group nor Dutch so maybe it's a big hit for them *or simply unremarkable* but for me it brings the whole look down whereas with a tiny bit of tweaking it would be classic and the Navy suits her figure and completion very well.

Presumably she was there to learn some things for her future role and make connections. That would include hits and misses in the wardrobe department and how to look timeless in photos 50 years from now.

The Princess of Orange was not at a trendy Amsterdam Influencers ball but at a Pre Coronation Reception as a future Monarch in toe with a previous Dutch Monarch at Buckingham Palace ;)
Her outfit was fine just didn't like her hairstyle for this event.

Last edited:

After so much talk about her mother's hair at engagements one would've hoped Amalia would have been taking notes.

Her hair looks like it hasn't been combed in days. Such appearance is unacceptable anywhere especially on an international stage whilst representing the Netherlands.

The Princess of Orange looked wonderful. The Dutch must be so proud of their future Queen.

(..)

Her hair usually looks perfect, idk what happened on Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say anyone wearing their hair down in England this week end had an issue…..called rain! I will give her a pass….she will learn by trial and error.

After so much talk about her mother's hair at engagements one would've hoped Amalia would have been taking notes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr35DrlN6Zo/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Her hair looks like it hasn't been combed in days. Such appearance is unacceptable anywhere especially on an international stage whilst representing the Netherlands.

She seems to have thick hair and it may be frizzy as all…which unless it is fixed by a hairdresser is impossible to manage in current conditions in London.

If Catherine of Wales didn’t have a hairdresser glued to her this is what her hair would look like Daily.

I thought she looked very professional. The hair, to me, looks fine.

I would say anyone wearing their hair down in England this week end had an issue…..called rain! I will give her a pass….she will learn by trial and error.

Even it had been slightly tied back for the event it would have looked much nicer.

I do not see what was wrong in here. The event was a reception: handshake + wellwishing + nipping a drinky = byeeee.

Was it for a formal event, then the Princess of Orange knows the right way: picture.

The Princess looks so pretty interlude and white dress. Wish we could see more. I like her hair up. What a lovely smile!

The Princess looks so pretty interlude and white dress. Wish we could see more. I like her hair up. What a lovely smile!

It was an annual diner offered by the King, who is President of the Council of State, to his fellow councillors and their partners. Amongst them the Princess of Orange, the future President of this venerable Council (established 1531).

For this diner in the grand ballroom at Noordeinde Palace the Princess has worn a not so expensive dress from MacDuggal: https://macduggal.com/collections/sequins/products/5509?variant=41069193167027

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom