Princess Sofia of Sweden Jewels 2: 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My preferred versions are the emerald and the pearl ones.

Princess Sofia's tiara appearances in 2022

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Last edited:
:previous: Sofia has been a bit of a surprise jewel-wise. Whoever had the idea to change the frame to this more flexible one has opened the gates to let Sophia dream more than a little. The emeralds are rather nice, the pearls softly elegant, the turquoises are in a class of their own but this incarnation? Sublime. The depth of colour matches her eyes and even brightens the gown and the earrings are quite simply stunning in their simplicity.

Last edited:
Missed the opportunity to bring out a new set of citrine, golden pearl or fire opal :D.

:ermm:
Can someone please explain to me how one changes out the jewels on her tiara? I don’t get it

There are some sticks under the stones and she can insert them to the tiara behind the palmette motif. If you search the close-up photo you would see the stones (except the original emeralds) are not attached on top of the motif but slightly behind it.

Last edited:
:cool:
There are some sticks under the stones and she can insert them to the tiara behind the palmette motif. If you search the close-up photo you would see the stones (except the original emeralds) are not attached on top of the motif but slightly behind it.
Thank you both so much! I just could not figure this out!

The new stones are Topaz not Aquamarine.

Has their been confirmation as to the stones from the Swedish court, or might that be your informed guess?

I have a question about Princess Sofia's tiara configurations. From what I understand, the tiara (originally a necklace) was originally set with emeralds, as she wore it on her wedding day. Are the different stones (diamonds, aquamarines or topazes, turquoises) or pearls that she later wore borrowed from the Bernadotte collection, or did they come with the tiara as part of her wedding gift from the King and Queen?

I think the various stones (pearls, turquoise and possible aquamarine) have been acquired by or for Sofia over time, and are not part of the existing family jewellery collection.

I really wish Princess Sofia would wear a different tiara ,its nice to see all the new variations of her personal one but I'm bore with it!

It would be great to see Sofia wear some necklaces from time to time. She has worn the multi-strand pearl choker, but it would be good to see some her branch out a bit.

Does anyone have any information about the bracelet and maybe the earrings Princess Sofia wore to the concert last night? The bracelet looks like pink or red stones. Thank you! :flowers:

Sofia has added another set of toppers to her tiara, this time in a yellow/orange

Princess Sofia does have some new toppers!! Wow. She is making her tiara work for her. In a major way. Citrine? Brown topaz? Very pretty color. And hard to make out in the lighting. Many stones can have so many different shades. And the toppers are a good size, too. I did find a better pic of her at the concert last night and answered my question above. She was wearing the earrings and a bracelet from the Amethyst parure. :flowers:

Sofia wore tonight the Diamond Lozenge Brooch

While I love that she got another set of new gemstones (and I got it right it's yellow stones!), I feel like briolette-cut gemstone isn't that successful as a topper for her wedding tiara. Maybe because of the lighting, both the colours of the blue topaz and citrine looks so dull and dirty to me. Or maybe it's the original colour of the stones though......

They look cheap and it doesn't help that she even wore two (the shorter one looks so bad). Maybe for an less formal evening occasion but for a proper white tie event? That is a confusing look.

According to Svenskdam, the necklaces and the bracelets are Swarovski

Yes, obviously Sofia has bought Swarovski jewelry to this event for almost 3000 euros.

For the Nobel's dinner this evening, Sofia wore her tiara with emerald toppers, and two Swarovski necklaces.

Call me old fashioned, but I still like my princesses not to mix crystal with the real bling for gala events.

Indeed. Not only these 2 necklaces are much too much i can't for my life understand why she prefers to wear this instead something real from the Family Vaults

They look cheap and it doesn't help that she even wore two (the shorter one looks so bad). Maybe for an less formal evening occasion but for a proper white tie event? That is a confusing look.
How very unfortunate! The crystals against the real deal look cheap and tawdry like tinsel on a Christmas tree. She looks fabulous from the chin up, below is best ignored

I really like all of these Swarovski jewels but I just don't think they work well mixed with real jewelry or for this event. Each piece, especially the choker, is gorgeous to me.

In watching the video, I noticed the middle diamond spikes between the palmettes of the tiara appeared to be en tremblent . I'm not sure if that is intentional or a consequence of the conversion but it certainly adds to the sparkle.

Personally i have nothing against Swarowski Crystals being used to White Tie Events… Sofia is not your traditional Princess and she’s not ashamed of having her own distinctive style…

But it would have been enough with one of the necklaces… Now it looked like the necklaces was carrying her and not the other way around.

All I see is that beautiful emeralds tiara, my favourite, the necklace does not shock me.

Back
Top Bottom