Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 20: April 2023 - December 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Lawd! It looks as if she threw a robe over her pajamas to run from the house in the middle of the night!

I honestly like it. She’s attending the most important design event in the world, it’s okay to show up with something more innovative than a mere “queenly” uniform.

I honestly like it. She’s attending the most important design event in the world, it’s okay to show up with something more innovative than a mere “queenly” uniform.

But she is no starlette or a Donatella, she is Queen Máxima of the Netherlands. It is out of the question someone like Princess Beatrix would ever wear this in public because -in her option- the "execution of the royal dignity" stands or falls with dignitas and decorum. I think Máxima's mother-in-law has understood it.

Had she worn a simple black slim outfit underneath, had her hair in a tight bun and no sunglasses I think the coat could work for a design event, but the giant clown pants, messy hair and sunglasses combined with the coat is not a good look.

CP Mary of Denmark followed this idea and worn something more special. But did not dress like a crazy.
I would accept maybe the coat... with something calm inside. But not these pants.

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

From Point de vue Instagram account. Interesting because she posed in a holes exhibition, wearing a coat with holes. I'm sure is on purpose.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrLncK7O_Lj/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Had she worn a simple black slim outfit underneath, had her hair in a tight bun and no sunglasses I think the coat could work for a design event, but the giant clown pants, messy hair and sunglasses combined with the coat is not a good look.

Agreed. The statement coat with the rest all toned down could have worked. The issue always is and always has been that she just keeps adding stuff to the outfits and it starts resembling -bad version of- a royal Carmen de Miranda. She is in such need of a stylist.

I like the idea of wearing something more quirky for an event like this. But this particular outfit is just ghastly. The QUeen of the Netherlands looking like this in -of all places- Milan.

Last edited:
On the plus side the hairstyling has vastly improved if only someone would sort out her wardrobe.

Goodness me, it’s dreadful. I literally would not try it on in a shop never mind, walking out and being photographed. Wonder how much it cost?

The hair indeed looks styled, better than usual. And we can not fault her for a lack of self-confidence of course.

I don't think it will cost all that much TBH. The prices on his website seem reasonable enough.

Last edited:
Milan of all places to showcase that outfit,goodness knows I miss Queen Beatrix!

What a ugly coat. And oversized trench coat + wide leg pants + messy hair (as usual), a disastrous combination is right here. I can't even tell she is over-trying or not even trying.

Heavens to Betsy! ?

No words on the coat, and yikes on the too wide pants

Queen Máxima ,like her sister in law is in dire need of a professional stylist ,however Queen Máxima is far more urgent.

Back to a less eye-catching look today ;)

Queen Máxima at the start of the construction of the flower parade Bollenstreek in Sassenheim:

The queen's hair has never looked better and is clearly getting some much needed tlc ,the outfit too is not too bad.

The outfit is fine, esp. for the event. The hair has much improved ever since it was critisized on modekoninginmaxima.

--
Posts of a more reflective nature have been moved here, so they do not get 'lost'.

Last edited:
I really like the Queens look here! Her hair is beautiful in a soft wave. A 10 out of 10!

Sadly it looks like the messy hair is back,given the occasion I wish Queen Máxima would have had it styled nicely for the 10th anniversary Luncheon.

We have seen worse. This type of coat seems to be a keeper. I wonder if they were especially made for her. Just as Beatrix liked her capes -with or without fur. It must be practical and keeps the dress under it in order.

I have given up on her. How can she walk next to a perfectly coiffed Beatrix and thinking "I look purrrrrfect and every inch a Queen". Pffff.... She is a walking advert for a Republic as any First Lady dresses better than the Queen of the Netherlands.

We have seen worse. This type of coat seems to be a keeper. I wonder if they were especially made for her. Just as Beatrix liked her capes -with or without fur. It must be practical and keeps the dress under it in order.

I think the style of coat works well, so I have no objection to it at all.

I think the style of coat works well, so I have no objection to it at all.

The outfit is fine but sadly made no effort with a hairstyle yet again and made her look messy.

Had it been a lowkey event that could be overlooked but it was celebrating the 10th anniversary of WA kingship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom