Queen Mathilde Jewels 2: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone recognise the necklace Mathilde is wearing?

I can't see properly, but it looks like the small diamond necklace/tiara of Queen Paola that she used to wear in the 60ies.

I could be wrong, ofc, but the dress doesn't allow us to see it in whole.

To my eyes it looks more substantial than Queen Paola’s necklaces. And considering the relationship between them I would be amazed if Queen Paola lent Queen Mathilde her jewelry.

To my eyes it looks more substantial than Queen Paola’s necklaces. And considering the relationship between them I would be amazed if Queen Paola lent Queen Mathilde her jewelry.

Same. They are rather different. Can be another loan or hopefully a real gift.

Anyway, what relationship do they have? I’m just curious.

Does anyone recognise the significant diamond emerald earrings and diamond emerald ring Queen Mathilde was wearing at her brother's wedding on 3rd September?

To my eyes it looks like a bit remodeled emerald jewels of the late princess de Rethy. It seems that only emerald drops are closer to the upper part / base of the earrings but their size is the same.

https://pl.pinterest.com/pin/belgium-tiara-mania--553872454146328531/
I know it was quite hard relations in BRF especially with late Lillian de Rethy and that she sold a lot of jewellery but those jewels might be some heirlooms that have survived.
Any ideas?

Does anyone recognise the significant diamond emerald earrings and diamond emerald ring Queen Mathilde was wearing at her brother's wedding on 3rd September?

To my eyes it looks like a bit remodeled emerald jewels of the late princess de Rethy. It seems that only emerald drops are closer to the upper part / base of the earrings but their size is the same.

https://pl.pinterest.com/pin/belgium-tiara-mania--553872454146328531/
I know it was quite hard relations in BRF especially with late Lillian de Rethy and that she sold a lot of jewellery but those jewels might be some heirlooms that have survived.
Any ideas?

I did notice the lovely emerald earrings and ring that Mathilde wore to her brother's earrings.

Lovely as the earrings are, I do not think they are necessarily Lillian's. Family relations were not the best, so I think it is unlikely that these would have been from Lillian. Also, the style is not particularly unique, and could have been bought by Mathilde herself.

The ring is very substantial as well.

https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/20...ng-sparkle-for-queen-mathilde.html#more-42057

The emerald earrings are really lovely and a welcome addition to Queen Mathilde's jewel chest.

The emerald earrings are really lovely and a welcome addition to Queen Mathilde's jewel chest.

Indeed. Lets also not forget the substantial emerald ring.

Don't think the emerald earrings are from Princess Lilian as then thes would have probably worn before as Lilian died 20 years ago.

Let's hope that they are not borrowed

I just got a glimpse of it, but Queen Mathilde appeared to be wearing a huge brooch today at the reception at Buckingham Palace. Any details on that piece?

I just got a glimpse of it, but Queen Mathilde appeared to be wearing a huge brooch today at the reception at Buckingham Palace. Any details on that piece?

Apparently it is one of the late Queen Fabiola's brooches.

She had beautiful earrings too. I wish I could see a picture of her jewels this evening.

A few minutes ago they were at Westminster Hall and there the Camera should here closer so one could see the brooch better.

A few minutes ago they were at Westminster Hall and there the Camera should here closer so one could see the brooch better.

I see. I didn't catch them at the lying in state; I only saw them arriving at Buckingham Palace for the reception. Queen Mathilde looked very elegant.

Did she wear that brooch before?

Not it is not, Fabiola's brooch was way smaller than that. IMO it is a new piece.

Fabiola

Mathilde

Thank you for your post, the two brooches appear to be different. Amongst other differences, the brooch worn by Fabiola had much larger stones than the one used by Mathilde.

Last edited:
The brooch is beautiful. New brooch?

I don't recall seeing it before and hopefully a recent addition and not a loan!

Definitely new, let's hope it is not a loan. There seems to be a stone: sapphire or aquamarine?

Definitely new, let's hope it is not a loan. There seems to be a stone: sapphire or aquamarine?

Looks like a sapphire to me.

Presumably the central stone can be made interchangeable: look forward to seeing emerald, ruby and perhaps amethyst centre's on the brooch in time.

Looks like a sapphire to me.

Presumably the central stone can be made interchangeable: look forward to seeing emerald, ruby and perhaps amethyst centre's on the brooch in time.

My thoughts were sapphire too!

Back
Top Bottom