The Princess of Wales's Daytime Fashion Part 2: March 2023 - July 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ticks a few boxes for me eg hair off her face and no tacky gilt buttons. I love the colour and style. Is it new? I wouldn't think she needed yet another green coat!

Yes surprised to see another new coat and hat ensemble especially after she just wore another two new coat and hat ensemble recently. Good hair though, hair down but still off her face and tidy.

It is a new coat and hat.

Thanks - I hope we see it several times then. I seem to remember Angela Kelly saying that HMQ wore coats about seven times in public before passing them on. I'm not sure that some of Catherine's green coats will make that many appearances but to be fair, she has pulled some things out from 10 years ago so maybe we will.

Has Catherine had this design before, in another color? It looks familiar to me, but at this point all of her coats are beginning to blend together. In any case, she looks lovely. This event is always one of my favorites.

Has Catherine had this design before, in another color? It looks familiar to me, but at this point all of her coats are beginning to blend together. In any case, she looks lovely. This event is always one of my favorites.

I don't think she has, but as you say, there is quite a lot of similarity in a lot of her formal wear.

I like it. I’m usually not the biggest fan of fascinators, but I really like this one.

The Princess of Wales's Daytime Fashion Part 2: March 2023 -

Love this colour on her. I can’t bring myself to like the fascinator - I have what is probably an irrational hatred of them, but it keeps her hair off her face which I much prefer for formal engagements. I like the style of the coat. She is going to need a lot of formal coats given her position in the Firm and these can be altered as required, so I don’t have a problem with another green coat, particularly in this shade.

Love this colour on her. I can’t bring myself to like the fascinator - I have what is probably an irrational hatred of them, but it keeps her hair off her face which I much prefer for formal engagements. I like the style of the coat. She is going to need a lot of formal coats given her position in the Firm and these can be altered as required, so I don’t have a problem with another green coat, particularly in this shade.

Re the buttons: I read somewhere that the 4+4 arrangement honors the similar button arrangement of the Guardsmen’s jackets.

And as Adda mentioned, “ Btw, the colour of her coat dress matches the plumes of the Irish Guards.”

This is carefully planned dressing!

Beautiful outfit....she looks fabulous.

It's neither remarkable or terrible. I give her 10/10 for her clothing ubiquity.

Catherine has one mighty coat collection!

I give her 10/10 for her clothing ubiquity.

Catherine has one mighty coat collection!

This made me smile. I think Catherine probably has a view that there is a uniform of sorts required for this major, yearly engagements and dresses accordingly. I give her total credit for the groomed, honed look she achieves.

The Princess of Wales attended the St. Patrick's Day Parade at Mons Barracks in Aldershot today, March 17:

Wonderful look on the Princess and perfect for St Patrick's day!

The Princess of Wales at the inaugural meeting of new Business Taskforce for Early Childhood today, March 21, wearing her white Alexander McQueen blazer again:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

Last edited:
A nice casual look on The Princess of Wales and it all works well.

A nice casual look on The Princess of Wales and it all works well.

Not really casual, but business professional. Very reminiscent of CP Mary.

Interesting that her folio she was carrying had her monogram on it. I have never seen Catherine, or William do that before

For reference: Folio with Monogram

The Princess of Wales in a new video for the Shaping Us campaign released today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

:previous:
It looks too severe, imo. But it looks better than Zara's Pepto-Bismol pink.

Beautiful coat for Princess of Wales! Just splendid!

A lovely coat but it’s screaming out for something to cover the open neckline.

Lovely coat! But not this design of hat again, it just looks like a hat piece of flight attendants (I can't believe she got three colours of this......) , especially with this bright blue colour. If she wants to wear a pillbox hat she could just rewear the classy blue pillbox she wore last time instead of getting a new one again, I just far prefer that one.

Is Catherine wearing red nail polish? Is this an easement of the old rules?

Looks like it. Her nails looks lovely.

I like her blue coat dress. I don’t really care for that hat style though.

Yes she is! Now that Queen Lizzie is in heaven, we'll start seeing a lot of little changes.

Yes she is! Now that Queen Lizzie is in heaven, we'll start seeing a lot of little changes.
Never understood that no varnish policy, as she wore red nails when she was a young woman, too.

As for the outfit... no. This everlasting blue matchy matchy is boring, that hemline around the ankles cries for a pair of scissors and there are lovelier shades of blue to wear for her. At least she did not buy a new coatdress one shade lighter again.

Beautiful coat for Princess of Wales! Just splendid!

Catherine has found a style that she is comfortable with and looks appropriate on her slim shape. She carries it all extremely well and rewears each many times. They are quasi "safe" and tailored correctly. As a busy person that is always photo'd and critiqued daily, she is playing it safe during "official" times. I personally wish the entire Royal Family would stop always wearing hats all the time. I hate the darn things, and most do nothing for the wearer. I know the late queen required and they did help keep the hot sun off her face and warmed a bit in winter, but some of this type of head gear really distracts from the rest of the outfit. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom