The Princess of Wales's Daytime Fashion Part 2: March 2023 - July 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care for Kate's blue outfit. The color is striking but it doesn't flatter her body, and the hat looks like an airline stewardess circa 1955.

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
As always: we don't discuss any weight issues, a number of posts have therefore been removed.

Never understood that no varnish policy, as she wore red nails when she was a young woman, too.

I wasn’t aware of this. Would someone kindly explain the background and other rules for such occasions

It was often rumoured that the late Queen preferred royal ladies only to wear clear or very pale pink nail varnish, or none at all. Catherine had bright red nail varnish on today.

Is Catherine wearing red nail polish? Is this an easement of the old rules?

I don't believe there have been any 'rules' about nail varnish for royal women. There have been claims in the press that such rules existed but I've never seen any evidence of them.

Catherine looks very elegant and I noticed her manicure too! There was probably never an official “rule” about wearing dark nail colors, but everyone knew her late Majesty's preferences. I'm sure Charles has more important things to think about and Camilla doesn't give a toss one way or the other.
Louis is getting taller by the day!

Oh dear, I don't like this blue coat: those flaps and the V neck on someone who is tall and slender. Not a flattering look, IMO.

Really lovely outfit and colour on the Princess for the Easter Day Service :previous:

Catherine's dress today looks like a Karen Millen Trench dress to me - I have one in dark green but burgundy/wine was an option. It's a useful dress if you need something smart but I'm in my late 60s so Catherine might be playing safe!

The dress IS by Karen Millen.?

The dress IS by Karen Millen.?

I thought so! I have several KM dresses and I think Catherine does too. My daughter is Catherine's age and wouldn't be seen dead in my dresses but she likes some of the shorter KM ones.

The colour is really lovely ,the Princess has worn dresses by Karen Millen in the past I recall a yellow one~?

The dress is fine but kind of mismatched with the earrings (are those the same earrings she wore in Christmas last year?)

I just realised, seeing Catherine and William together, they're wearing Aston Villa colours! She's in claret and he has a pale blue shirt. For those who don't know, Aston Villa is a Birmingham football club, supported by William for years. I don't think it can be a coincidence.

I just realised, seeing Catherine and William together, they're wearing Aston Villa colours! She's in claret and he has a pale blue shirt. For those who don't know, Aston Villa is a Birmingham football club, supported by William for years. I don't think it can be a coincidence.

Or perhaps Catherine is a secret supporter of West Ham United ⁉️

I like the color, but the style isn't particularly flattering.
Still, it's a safe choice.

The Princess of Wales visited the Baby Bank in Windsor today, April 24, wearing a Reiss blazer again:

** Full view ** Upper part **

The Princess of Wales visited the Baby Bank in Windsor today, April 24, wearing a Reiss blazer again:

That is a smart look for the Princess. Note her use of flat shoes; not sure I have ever seen her do so for an engagement.

That is a smart look for the Princess. Note her use of flat shoes; not sure I have ever seen her do so for an engagement.

Heeled boots are ok with trousers but IMO, flats are much smarter than high-heeled shoes with trousers.

A nice look on the Princess of Wales,her hair has gotten very long it might have looked nicer tied back.

A nice look on the Princess of Wales,her hair has gotten very long it might have looked nicer tied back.

The hair may be that length in preparation for a specific hairstyle planned for the coronation.

Her hair always looks better tied back I think, even if it's just the front clipped back with the rest hanging down. It's hard to look business-like or truly polished with long hair flopping down over your face or just tucked behind your ears.

I really like her new "casual" look. The minimalist look suits her well with the the soft white round necked top, with a beautifully cut and fitted blazer in light camel over crepe cigarette trousers and finished by an attractive pair of flat black suede shoes. (It's amazing how a simple change from sneakers to flats elevates the ensemble),

Her hair always looks better tied back I think, even if it's just the front clipped back with the rest hanging down. It's hard to look business-like or truly polished with long hair flopping down over your face or just tucked behind your ears.
And once again we are left to contemplate Catherine's hair. There is no doubt that her hair is beautifully kept, shiny and voluminous, tucked behind her ears (in fact it seems that she may have used clasps further back under the fall of her hair. Even so, it remains an ongoing question as to whether her pride and joy is in need of a little taming as she steps up to growingly important engagements and with her hair longer than we have ever seen it (I think) it will be interesting to see how she manages it,

I really like her new "casual" look. The minimalist look suits her well with the the soft white round necked top, with a beautifully cut and fitted blazer in light camel over crepe cigarette trousers and finished by an attractive pair of flat black suede shoes. (It's amazing how a simple change from sneakers to flats elevates the ensemble),

Agreed, it was a well styled look, perfect for the engagement.

And once again we are left to contemplate Catherine's hair. There is no doubt that her hair is beautifully kept, shiny and voluminous, tucked behind her ears (in fact it seems that she may have used clasps further back under the fall of her hair. Even so, it remains an ongoing question as to whether her pride and joy is in need of a little taming as she steps up to growingly important engagements and with her hair longer than we have ever seen it (I think) it will be interesting to see how she manages it,

I suspect the hair is the length it is in preparation for specific styles she may have in mind for the Coronation and related events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom