The Staff and Court of the Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today there was a reception for Svante Lindquist at the Royal Palace. Romeo & Julia Kören performed.

A little info about Axel Calissendorff, who has been The King's solicitor since 2009.
Axel Calissendorff — Calissendorff Swarting

The former Marshal of the Realm, professor Svante Lindqvist started on 1st September as Director of six foundations at Beijer and Wall Foundations.
Svante Lindqvist has been a professor of technology history at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, head of the Nobel Museum and since 2010 the Marshal of the Realm. Svante Lindqvist is a member of the Royal Academy of Sciences, the Royal Academy of Engineering Sciences and the Royal Swedish Academy of Letters, History and Antiquities.
Svante Lindqvist, in addition to his assignment for the Beijer & Wall foundations, will serve as a guest professor abroad for a few months in 2019, and in addition will retain some external board assignments.
Svante Lindqvist blir stiftelsedirektör för Beijer- &... - Kjell och Märta Beijers Stiftelse

H.M. The King's Royal Stables are hiring a part-time coachman (75%) for permanent employment, with a 6 month probationary appointment.
The Royal Stables are the Royal Court's transport organization, with a car department and a stables department. The Royal Stables' mission is to drive H.M. The King with family and / or guests in the gala cortege, on ceremonial state occasions such as incoming state visits, the opening of the Riksdag, national day and audiences.
In total, we have about 25 corteges per year.
Kavaljerskusk - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

A new book has been released

Paul Murphy: Livvakter (Bodyguards)
The book tells about the Swedish Security Service's work, in Sweden and around the world. The book's main character is former bodyguard named Stefan Ewertson.
He has worked as a police officer for about 40 years, of which he has worked in Säpo (Security Service) for about 15 years. He has worked as a bodyguard for the Swedish King and Queen for many years. For various prime ministers, and various presidents and prime ministers around the world. In the King and Queen's State Visit in South Africa to meet Nelson Mandela. He tells us how the security police work. This is the first time you have written such a book in the Nordic region.
The book also includes another Säpo man who has had important tasks. His name is Peter Jonsson, he has also worked as a bodyguard in Säpo for many years. In addition, he has been a mentor of the Swedish Crown Princess Victoria for one year, when she would turn 18 years and get into the role of Heir to the throne in Sweden. He has a lot to say during his time in Police / Säpo. He has also trained himself as a crisis manager, and has written a book on the subject.
The book contains authentic pictures and documents which have never been shown in any media before.
Livvakter av Paul Murphy - Vulkan

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is Ulf Gunnehed, the Crown Equerry and Head of the Royal Stables. 61-year old Gunnehed has ben the Crown Equerry since 1st September 2015. He has previously also been aide-de-camp of king Carl Gustaf.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnYQ0K4FLDK/?taken-at=2912343

Master of the Palace Claes Carlsson and Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist at the VIP-event of the Reopening of the National Museum on Thursday 11th October.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Videos at the Youtube channel of the Royal Palaces

Taffeltäckare Eva Olsson shows napkin folding "Skölden"
Taffeltäckare Pär Hernell shows napkin folding "Hovsnibben"
First fatbursjungfru Louise Nordin shows how to take care for old linen. In this case, napkins from the Unionslinnet, a collection of tablecloths and napkins made in 1891, are taken care of after the King's dinner for the Nobel laureates.

The court has finally updated the Marshal of the Realm Fredrik Wersäll's photo to the website. He started at his job on 1st September.
Riksmarskalksämbetet - Sveriges Kungahus

Svensk Damtidning's article about the staff of the royal court. The article tells among other things that Victoria's audience room is beside the office of Mats Nilsson, the First Marshal of the Court.

In Svensk Damtidning's last weeks issue was an article about chambermaid Ann Schierenbeck, 75 years, who has worked 22 years at the court and has taken care of queen Silvia's and Madeleine's outfits and nowadays helps Madeleine as a chambermaid. Ann has qualified as a fashion designer in Paris and both draws and sews couture. Ann says that chambermaid is the old and beautiful term for a stylist and includes buying clothes, taking care of them, giving suggestions. Ann has also previously helped Victoria, and designed some dresses to her. Ann has sewn the green dress princess Leonore had at prince Alexander's christening. At the article it is also told that Linda Nurk designed the dress Madeleine wore at Victoria's wedding. Ann has also previously had her own furnishing company and has helped the members of the roya family in interior design.

The staff of the court was well represented at the Elle Gala this evening:
Director of the press department, Margareta Thorgren
https://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010050011C1547878682233001

Marshal of the court/The Head of HRH The Crown Princess's Household, Karolin A Johansson (left) and information officer Ulrika Näsholm
https://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010030021B154783899759195

Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist (left)
https://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010050021C1547878682233001
https://cawamedia.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/dsc_0170.jpg?w=700&h=

The former Marshal of the Realm Svante Lindqvist has since 1st September 2018 been the Master of the Royal Orders (ordenskansler av Kungl. Maj:ts Orden). But as a result of Svante Lindqvist's assignment as a guest professor in Japan during the first half of 2019, former Master of the Royal Orders Ingemar Eliasson will be service-executing Master during Svante Lindqvist's absence.
Personalförändringar vid Kungl. Maj_ts Orden - Sveriges Kungahus

In Svensk Damtidning's last weeks issue was an article about chambermaid Ann Schierenbeck, 75 years, who has worked 22 years at the court and has taken care of queen Silvia's and Madeleine's outfits and nowadays helps Madeleine as a chambermaid. Ann has qualified as a fashion designer in Paris and both draws and sews couture. Ann says that chambermaid is the old and beautiful term for a stylist and includes buying clothes, taking care of them, giving suggestions. Ann has also previously helped Victoria, and designed some dresses to her. Ann has sewn the green dress princess Leonore had at prince Alexander's christening. At the article it is also told that Linda Nurk designed the dress Madeleine wore at Victoria's wedding. Ann has also previously had her own furnishing company and has helped the members of the royal family in interior design.

I know that Ann Schierenbeck has been involved in Princess Madeleine's wardrobe for many years, and played a role in her wedding outfits in particular. The green dress/suit Princess Madeleine wore to the bans, Ann ordered the fabric (the fabric house confirmed) and Pär Engsheden crafted the piece. Other brands have shared that Ann is the one that they do contact in relation to the Princess.

Members of the press department of the court:
information officer Ulrika Näsholm, director of the press department Margareta Thorgren, information officer Johan Tegel and press assistant Emelie Öberg attended at the launch of Gala Magazine (Aftonbladet's weekend magazine) on 21st February.
https://cawamedia.files.wordpress.com/2019/02/dsc_0097-2.jpg

The event was held at the Stone Gallery at the Royal Armoury at the Royal Palace, and at the walls were big photos of the royals.

Mats Nilsson, the First Marshal of the Court, had a meeting yesterday

Today I had an emotional and important meeting with the King's first court marshal, Mats Nilsson. Thanks for the invitation and because I got to tell my story and how I have tried to turn everything that is broken into something good for others. I am grateful because I did not succeed seven years ago. Life became very good in the end.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuTr9fUhrzJ/

Expressen's article about the two men working very closely with the king:
Fredrik Wersäll, the Marshal of the Realm and Jan Salestrand, Chief of H.M. The King's Military Staff.

During the last six months, the king has received two new employees:
The Marshal of the Realm Fredrik Wersäll and the Chief of Staff Jan Salestrand - who both work very closely with the King.
- It is very exciting, says Jan Salestrand.
Fredrik Wersäll, 67, former court president of the Svea Court of Appeal, has taken over the role of the Marshal of the Realm.
He thus became the king's closest man, leads the Office of the Marshal of the Realm and keeps contact with, for example, the Riksdag and the government.
Fredrik Wersäll took over his role on 1st September - but already in the spring he assisted the court with advice on the Swedish Academy, which was in the middle of its worst crisis.
- The king has contributed quite well to creating peace in this organization, he says on a press lunch at the Palace.
Wersäll has a long career as a top lawyer behind him, and he says that he would like to contribute to the court becoming more open and transparent. Wersäll also says that there are certain structures within the court that he perceives as old-fashioned - and which he wants to review.
He accepted King Carl Gustaf's offer of this job with pleasure.
And now he is working at the office where the Marshal of the Realm has always worked.
- I sit in the same room that Axel von Fersen did. Hope it goes better for me, he says.
Fredrik Wersäll thinks that the most important task for the king is to be a gathering force for the people.
- The king has been monarch for over 40 years. He has tremendous experience, a tremendous drive and a great interest in society.
The king has also a new Chief of Staff and first adjutant - Jan Salestrand, 64, who supports the king and manages the contact between the Armed Forces and the court.
In August, Jan Salestrand left his job as State Secretary at the Ministry of Defense.
- It is very exciting after so many years within an authority to get this offer from the king, to see this side of the form of government.
For example, he works to recruit and educate adjutants to Crown Princess Victoria - and is in the middle of such a process now.
The King and Crown Princess have twelve each, serving one month a year as an adjutant.
Fredrik Wersäll says that Crown Princess Victoria has been in Queen School since she was born - and that it is the same for Princess Estelle, who will one day become the Head of State.
- I notice that the king has always very purposefully prepared Victoria for her future role, says Fredrik Wersäll.
Här är kungens nya närmsta män _ Kungligt _ Expressen

The First Lady of the Court, countess Anna Hamilton attended at Min Stora Dags (My Big Day) Min Stora Middag (My Big Dinner) at Gamla Riksarkivet yesterday.

Companies that are appointed by the Royal Court to supply goods or services to a member of the Royal Family are Purveyors to the Court.
Purveyors to the Court are appointed by His Majesty The King.
In order to qualify as Purveyor to the Court a company must have delivered goods or services to the Royal Court for at least five years. Furthermore, the companies finances must be conducted without fault.
A number of companies in the same field can be named Purveyor to the Court.
Purveyor to the Court - Sveriges Kungahus

The list of the Purveyors to the Court
KHF_Matrikel_2019

On 15th May at the Royal Palace

A mission in time
The Marshal of the Realm is accountable to the King for the activities of the entire Royal Court organization. This evening we will hear him tell us about the assignment to lead the organization "For Sweden - With the times".
- The royal Palaces are to a large extent living environments that are made available in our public program range. As a new Marshal of the Realm, I also have the opportunity to be part of this program, as I invite to a talk about "The Marshal of the Realm's mission in today's Sweden".
Fredrik Wersäll has been the Marshal of the Realm since September 2018. During the evening's lecture, we will learn more about what tasks he has in today's Sweden, who is responsible for the activities at the Royal Court, in the contacts with the Riksdag and the government, during state visits and the work with the academies. We get to know more about how the role of the Marshal of the Realm has changed during the more than 400 years that the service has existed in Sweden. Fredrik Wersäll also tells us why just he became Sweden's 47th Marshal of the Realm.
Föredrag Riksmarskalken - Kungliga slotten

The Mistress of the Robes, baroness Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke and her husband baron Hans von Blixen-Finecke attended yesterday at the launch of Leif GW Persson's new rosé wine "GW:s Rosa" at Glashuset.
https://cawamedia.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/dsc_0124-4.jpg?w=1200

The Speaker of the Riksdag Andreas Norlén hosted a Spring Dinner at Riksdagshuset on 9th May.
From the court attended The Marshal of the Realm Fredrik Wersäll (on the right), the Director of the Press Department Margareta Thorgren and The First Marshal of the Court Mats Nilsson.

And here is Speaker Andreas Norlén with his wife Helena.

Riddarhuset (The House of Nobility) tells at the first issue of their magazine Arte et Marte:

Portraits in Adelskalendern (The Swedish Peerage Book)
Nowadays, the editorial committee for Adelskalendern makes suggestions on who should adorn the calendar with their portrait.
Twelve prominent Swedes (six men and six women) are then selected by the Directory of The House of Nobility with regard to professional activity, age, effort for The House of Nobility and partial dissemination in the calendar.

The First Lady of the Court, countess Anna Hamilton, born as baroness Rudbeck in 1966 is one of the 12 people portrayed at this years Adelskalendern.

At Youtube of The Royal Palaces

Claes Carlsson, the Master of the Palace and Court Florist, shows how to make a floral wreath

Lassi Koivunen, who has been working for 20 years in the Swedish court, has seen royal life from wedding to funeral - now he reveals how he saved Princess Lilian from trouble

Lassi Koivunen, 56, worked for the Swedish court for 20 years. During that time, he encountered many exciting situations and dealt with thousands of immeasurably valuable furniture.
It is early 90's when Lassi Koivunen, in his twenties, gets a special call. He has just started as a Conservator for furniture at the swedish royal court.
- It's a bad situation now. Princess Lilian's tiara has been left inside a bureau. Can you help? The caller is Lilian's court assistant.
Koivunen gets up in his car. After a few hours, the Nobel Prizes will be delivered, so the tiara must get out before that.
Koivunen has with him a box with keys topsy-turvy. How to find the right key from hundreds?
- I always remember how I drove very tense with the key box.
Koivunen rises upstairs hoping that the bureau is from period that opening would be easy for him.
- When I saw the bureau, I sighed for relief. I knew I'd get it open because it was late-gustavian.
- The locks from that era are of a certain type and pretty easy to open. I took one key among hundreds of keys. And the bureau was opened with the first try.
Lilian wore the tiara at the Nobel Prize ceremony.
- Shortly after the event, I acquired an appropriate storage box for the keys, Koivunen says.
At Koivunen's 20 years at the court, many of the cases described above happened.
- There's a lot of ordinary things going on at the Court. Similar to other families.
On the other hand, Koivunen's stories emphasize how accurate they are in the court. Traditions are important and furniture is an integral part of the ceremony of the court.
When Princess Estelle was born in 2012, a year before Koivunen left his job at the court, he was again in a special position.
The Supreme Person of the Court, the Marshal of the Realm, must prove the offspring to be royal and stamp the seal to prove this. However, the royal stamp lacked a handle. So Koivunen was again alerted to help.
- I designed and lathed a part of hazel on it.
Before each state visit, Koivunen toured the Royal Palace, checking that all the furniture was in order to accommodate the guests.
Particularly well, Koivunen remembers the situation when French President Jacques Chirac was coming to visit.
- He was a very tall man. Before he visited, we had to extend one bed.
The 18th century bed was made with new side parts to make the bed long enough. Now, the parts are safe if you need them sometimes again.
- Every state visit therefore requires a big organization. There were so many special wishes. We took into account the religion of our guests, and sometimes we decorated a prayer room for them.
Koivunen never dreamed of a career at the court, because a job was waiting him in his home town, Turku. He applied for furniture conservator training first in Finland then in the UK. However, the doors closed for the young man. That's how he ended up studying in Stockholm.
At the end of the school, at the court was a deputyship of a conservator. Koivunen got the job.
- I specialized at the school at veneered furniture from 18th century in Sweden. I believe that is one reason I got the job. Indeed, at the Royal Palace are a lot of furniture of this era.
The job at the Turku Provincial Museum got to wait.
- You could not refuse this opportunity.
His first work day started at 8am and after an hour Koivunen was working with the late baroque armchairs of the early 18th century.
These chairs can still be seen on the Princess Sibylla's floor this day.
- On the first day, the director of the Court's movable property said to me that you Finns have always belonged to the Swedish court. Now I think that there can't be a better welcome.
During his 20-year career, Koivunen handled thousands of furniture and objects. He estimates that the value of some of the furniture he has been dealing with has risen in millions.
However, even more valuable are the experience and moments. Now Koivunen lives with his family in Naantali, but he remembers warmly his time at the court.
- I especially remember the moments when the court was preparing for a party. Even though there are people from various areas in the court, those festivities always made us one big family.
20 vuotta Ruotsin hovissa työskennellyt Lassi Koivunen on nähnyt kuninkaallista elämää aina häistä hautajaisiin – nyt hän paljastaa, kuinka pelasti prinsessa Lilianin pulasta - MTVuutiset.fi

A Royal Stables' driver
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByYHQssAvxZ/

New Heads of H.M. The King's and The Crown Princess' Households.

From August 26th, Göran Lithell is new chief and Head of H.M. The King's Household/Court. Göran Lithell is currently serving as Deputy at the Swedish Embassy in Washington D.C. He has previously worked at the Embassies in Copenhagen and Tallinn.

Göran Lithell will be responsible for the schedule and events of The King's, The King and Queen's joint program, as well as the Prince Couple's engagements.

From August 19th, Lena Bartholdson is new Head of The Crown Princess's Household/Court. Lena Bartholdson comes from a position at the Ministry for Defense, and previously at The Swedish Defense Research Agency. Lena Bartholdson is a member of The Royal Swedish Academy of War Sciences.

Lena Bartholdson will be responsible for planning the joint and individual engagements of The Crown Princess and Prince Daniel.

https://www.kungahuset.se/press/pre...ssanshovstater.5.2cf3d1716b924e7fde272fd.html

Lars-Erik Tindre (43) has been the Head of The King's Household since January 2015, before that he was the under-secretary at the Government Offices/Ministry for Foreign Affairs and also worked at the swedish embassies in Hungary and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
It will be interesting to see what is Lars-Erik Tindre's new job.

Svensk Damtidning writes that it was surprising, that no one expected that the King would change the Head of his Household now at the same time with Victoria.
Kungen överraskar – Göran Lithell blir hovmarskalk _ Svensk Damtidning

Last edited:
The king's new Marshal of the Court Göran Lithell tells about the first week at the Palace - and about the challenge of finding a workplace with a total of 1,430 rooms ...
Congratulations on your new job! How has the first week been?
- Thanks. Of course, it is very much new to introduce myself to this in the beginning. Thanks to my knowledgeable, generous and pleasant staff, it has been a very good first week.
Have you learned how to find everything at the Royal Palace yet? Read that there are 1,430 rooms!
- At least I've learned how to find my office.
What are you most looking forward to as Head of H.M. The King's Household? And what is most different from your previous job at the Swedish Embassy in Washington?
- First, I would like to express my great joy in getting the honorable assignment to work for the Head of State and his family. The assignment is very different from my previous work as a second man at the Embassy in Washington, but something that is in the focus of both assignments ito highlight modern and innovative Sweden based on Swedish traditions.
What has your contact with the royal family been like before?
- My first contact with the royal family was when I did my military service as a military police officer at K1 in Stockholm and was part of the Mounted Royal Guards. After that, I have had the privilege of being with at different occasions and receiving different parts of the royal family during my foreign postings for Foreign Affairs in Russia, Estonia, Denmark and now most recently in the USA.
Finally 3 short questions! Which book did you read most recently?
- I often read several books in parallel. The most recent was the anniversary book: Ätten Bernadotte 200 years on Sweden's throne 1818-2018.
What are you listening to, on the way to work?
- Then I listen to P1 Morning.
And what you don't miss seeing on TV?
- The family moved home from the US just a few weeks ago, so I'm still establishing new-old habits. Something I do not miss, however, is the news program.
In private Göran Lithell is married to Karin, who is a civil and environmental economist and has worked at Sida, among others, but who is an artist. They have twins Svante and Harald, 11, and daughter Astrid, 16 together.
Kungens nya hovmarskalk om första veckan på jobbet _ Svensk Dam

Svensk Damtidning has a little mistake at their article. Both Göran Lithell and Lena Bartholdson, the new Head of Victoria's Household, aren't now called The Marshal of the Court (hovmarskalk). They are called hovintendent, during their probationary period, I think. Because Karolin A. Johansson was also first called as hovintendent, and soon after hovmarskalk.

Svensk Damtidning's article about the staff of the court

The Marshal of the Realm
The Marshal of the Realm is a state title in Sweden. The Marshal of the Realm is a kind of head of the royal court and thus stands in rank and position closest to the Head of State. He is responsible for the cooperation with the parliament and government and has an office to help. The current Marshal of the Realm is Fredrik Wersäll. In 2016, Fredrik Wersäll was appointed as Lord-in-Waiting at the Royal Court. On September 1, 2018, he succeeded Svante Lindqvist as The Marshal of the Court. Wersäll is the 47th Marshal of the Court since the office was established in 1607 and the current king's eighth Marshal of the Court.

The Mistress of the Robes Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke
Baroness Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke was the First Lady of the Court when she succeeded Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister as The Mistress of the Robes on 1 January 2016.
As the Mistress of the Robes Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke has an advisory function, participates in incoming state visits and other ceremonies and continues to support Princess Sofia in her education.

The First Marshal of the Court Mats Nilsson
The king appointed Mats Nilsson as the new First Marshal of the Court on 1 January 2012. The First Marshal of the Court is leading the work of planning the royal family's official program and representation. The Marshal's Office is responsible for planning and conducting official visits, solemn audiences, official dinners, anniversaries, municipal visits and more.

The First Lady of the Court Anna Hamilton
Countess Anna Hamilton has since 1 January 2016 been Sweden's First Lady of the Court and Head of Queen Silvia's Household.

HM King's Chief State is led by Chief Superintendent Göran Lithell
H.M. The King's Household is lead by Surveyor to the Royal Household Göran Lithell
Göran Lithell is newly recruited at the Royal Court. He is a political scientist and most recently comes from the position of Deputy Head of Government body at the Embassy in Washington DC. Prior to that he has served at the Embassies in Copenhagen and Tallinn, and at the Consulate General in St. Petersburg. In August 2019, Göran Lithell succeeds former Marshal of the Court Lars-Erik Tindre. Göran Lithell is responsible for the planning and implementation of the joint program of the King and the royal couple. He is also responsible for Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia's mission.

HRH The Crown Princess's Household is led by Surveyor to the Royal Household Lena Bartholdson
Lena Bartholdson, who in August 2019 succeeded The Marshal of the Court Karolin A. Johansson, is responsible for the planning and implementation of The Crown Princess and Prince Daniel's individual and joint programs. Lena Bartholdson is a political scientist and most recently comes from a position as head of the secretariat for security policy, international relations and analysis in the Ministry of Defense. Prior to that, she served as Head of the Security Policy Unit at the Total Defense Research Institute (FOI) and served at the Embassy in Pretoria. Bartholdson has also worked for a long time within the Folk och Försvar organization, including the last five years as its secretary general. She is a member of The Royal Swedish Academy of War Sciences.

The Ceremonial Household is led by The Master of Ceremonies Odd Zschiedrich.
Who works with table seating at official dinners? It is done by The Ceremonial Household, led by Odd Zschiedrich.
Zschiedrich is an educated middle school teacher and subject teacher. He has worked in several different primary and secondary schools and was head of school in the municipality of Torsås from 1988 to 1990. He was the Castle Manager at Kalmar Castle, Chancellor of the Swedish Academy, as well as administrative director for the Nobel Library, and chamberlain at the Ceremonian Household in 2009–2015: then Master of Ceremonies. He is a member of the Småland Academy on chair 13.

The Household is headed by Surveyor to the Royal Household Åke Hovgard.

Ladies-in-waiting
The ladies-in-waiting help the Queen. The Queens have at all times had ladies-in-waitings, but today's modern lady-in-waiting differs very much from the ancient lady-in-waiting at the court.
Lady-in-waiting baroness Christina von Schwerin
Lady-in-waiting Harriet Bredelius

The Master of the Palace & Court Florist Claes Carlsson

The Royal Collections is headed by the Director of the Royal Collections, Margareta Nisser-Dalman.
Margareta Nisser-Dalman holds an economics degree and a PhD in art science at Uppsala University in 2006 with a dissertation on interior painting by Johan Nils Asplind at mansions in Dalarna and Gästrikland in the late 1700s and early 1800s. She has since 2012 been the Director of the Royal Collections with the Bernadotte Library. Margareta is married to the bishop and Chief Court Chaplain Johan Dalman.

Director Jan Lindman
As Treasurer at the Royal House, Jan Lindman has learned to deal with the unexpected and odd. Among other things, he will ensure that the state's allocation is sufficient for more and increase transparency about the economy of the court.

The Royal Housekeeper (Åldfrun)
Since Ebba von Mecklenburg retired, Claes Carlsson has taken over parts of her responsibilities. Other parts are the responsibility of Liisa Hartikainen.
Här är vi som arbetar vid hovet! _ Svensk Dam

Last edited:
Interview of Fredrik Wersäll, the Marshal of the Realm, at Chefstidningen magazine, published in September.
https://chefstidningen.se/sites/default/files/content_images/1906_omslag.jpg

Margareta Thorgren, the director of the press department, at Ruter Dam event yesterday at Berns Salonger. Ruter Dam's target is more high-level female managers in large companies.

The Director of the Information and Press Department, Margareta Thorgen, was today as a guest at Malou von Sivers' talkshow Malou efter tio at TV4. Thorgen was at the program with her son Sven. Sven is a snowboarder who competes in slopestyle.
In the program, Margareta Thorgren talked about her role. Among other things, she will provide media with information and, together with her team, show the king's work with and for the royal family.
- If everything goes well, the Director of the Information and Press Department should not be seen. It is the office of the royal family and the head of state to do so. It is important to understand the Swedish form of government and why we have a monarchy, she says in the program.
Thorgren's predecessor was on the post for four years - and Malou von Sivers asked as the closing question how long she plans to remain as the Director of the Information and Press Department. Margareta Thorgren's message to the king was clear:
- A lot is happening right now and there are many fun things going on. I'll probably stay for a few more years. If I get the trust, she said and smiled.
Beskedet till kungen_ Så länge stannar jag _ Svensk Dam

Last edited:
The Mistress of the Robes, baroness Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke (left) attended on 25th November at Gula Änglarna's traditional winter concert for charity in Oscarskyrkan.
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=5ed9c3a31ca6f284d647c42f197c0ec2&oe=5E87BF4F

The Master of the Palace and Court Florist Claes Carlsson (on the right) attended with his husband at the formal gathering of the Swedish Academy on 20th December.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6T_BL4Jwwp/

Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist and the court's information officer Johan Tegel yesterday evening at Elle-galan 2020 at Grand Hotel.
https://files.elle.se/uploads/2020/01/roda-mattan-elle-galan-2020-103-1000x1500.jpg

Margareta Thorgren's son snowboard rider Sven Thorgren took bronze in tonight's big air competition in the X-games.
The bronze was Sven Thorgren's second in a row and he secured it in the near last jump with a triple back side rodeo.
Sven Thorgren took bronze in the X-games - Teller Report

The Marshal of the Realm Fredrik Wersäll delivered the Awards at The Royal Swedish Academy of Agriculture and Forestry's 208th Commemorative meeting on Tuesday January 28 in Stockholm City Hall. The formal meeting took place in the Blue Hall and the following banquet in the Golden Hall. 620 guests honored the Academy with their presence at the meeting.
https://www.ksla.se/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/DSC_6395.jpg
https://www.ksla.se/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/DSC_6429.jpg
https://www.ksla.se/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/DSC_6421.jpg

Michael Bjerkhagen, the Reverend, Court Chaplain and Rector of the Royal Court Parish had recently a heart attack - just 53 years old. He tells about it at his Facebook, and has given Svensk Damtidning permission to write about it:
Dear friends! If necessary, to minimize inaccurate information and rumor dissemination, I would like to say in my own words what has happened. On Saturday, February 1, I went to the hospital at S: t Göran's emergency room. I had a heavy pressure over my chest and difficult to breathe. After examinations, the doctors suspected myocardial infarction and I was taken in an ambulance to New Karolinska Hospital where the heart attack was secured and was corrected by a so-called balloon enlargement of the coronary artery that caused the infarction. I have received adequate medication and aftercare at NKS as well as at the heart intensive care unit at S:Göran's hospital.
Michael, who has previously been in good health, ends the post by writing that, like this a few days ago, he is feeling considerably better. He tells he was discharged from the hospital and feels deep gratitude to God. Over the gift of life.
Victorias präst i dödsdrama _ Svensk Dam

Everyone in the royal family has a close relationship with Michael, who has been with them at countless weddings and baptisms. We therefore turn to the court to ask how they have reacted to Michael's health condition.
- The Royal Family got to know this over the weekend, and of course they think it is very sad. They hope he is feeling well under the circumstances and gets now time to gather strength, says Margareta Thorgren.
Silvias oro för hovprästens hälsotillstånd _ Svensk Dam

Instagram of the Royal Palaces:
In recent weeks, seamen from the Navy have been standing outside Stockholm Palace.
Högvakten (The Royal Guards) is responsible for the protection of the Royal Family and the official residence of the Head of State and is an important part of the military preparedness in Stockholm.
The guards have been at the Palace since 1523 and consisted mainly of Life Guards. Since the 1960s, however, the Royal Guards has been a matter for the entire Armed Forces. There is also Royal Guards at Drottningholm Palace.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8RT5T6gibc/

When the king delivered medals on 4th February, one of the recipients was Margareta Thorgren, director of the Information and Press Department..

It was a very proud and happy Margareta Thorgren who received from the king's hand the royal blue case with H.M. King's medal in the 12th size with the the Order of the Seraphim ribbon. This is the biggest and finest medal - and Margareta Thorgren received it for her "deserving efforts as director of the Information Department".
- I was thrilled! And I feel deeply honored, she tells to Svensk Damtidning.
Margareta Thorgren is in her seventh year as director of the court's information, and her mission is to highlight and make visible the work that the royal family does for Sweden.
In private, she is married to Magnus, who is a consulting manager at an IT company, and the mother of five children: Klas, 18, Bertil, 23, Sven, 25, (who competes in snowboarding at elite level), Clara, 28, and Nils, 29.
Kungens fina tack till hovets presschef _ Svensk Dam

Göran Alm, the former director of the Bernadotte Library at the Royal Palace, has passed away.

Göran Alm, who worked close to the royal family for many years, has died, 74 years old. As the director of the Bernadotte Library at the Royal Palace, he was a key figure in the royal couple's staff, and he leaves a great void behind him:
- Göran Alm was a very knowledgeable, competent and respected employee at the court. He was active into the latter and much knowledge disappears with his premature passing. He was also fun and gave a lot of energy. He is missed, says the royal couple in a comment to Svensk Damtidning.
Göran Alm began his work at the court as early as 1975, then as an assistant and first as a curator at the Royal Collections. He was also Deputy director of the Information Department for a period.
Göran Alm was also the court's expert on royal jewelery. His knowledge of these treasures was endless.
Göran Alm is mourned most closely by his wife Beatrice and the children Louise, Edward and Eugen. On February 28, they bid their last farewell at Gustav Adolfskyrkan at Östermalm in Stockholm, with a subsequent memorial service.
"Feel free to think about Operation Smile" writes the family in the obituary.
Kungaparet skakas av ny sorg – nu meddelas dödsfallet _ Svensk Dam

Victoria with Göran Alm
https://alltomkungligt.se/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/kungafamiljen_goran_alm_aok_article1.jpg

Last edited:
Both Göran Lithell (the Head of H.M. The King's Household) and Lena Bartholdson (the Head of H.R.H. The Crown Princess's Household) are now called Marshal of the Court (hovmarskalk), their probationary period is over, then they were called hovintendent.
H.K.H. Kronprinsessans hovstat - Sveriges Kungahus
H.R.H. The Crown Princess's Household - Sveriges Kungahus

The court has updated the photos of the staff of the Information and Press department to their website.
Two HQ photos of Margareta Thorgren, the Director of the Information and Press department.
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/18...a-Ahlström-KunglHovstaterna PRESSBILD (1).jpg
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/18...a-Ahlström-KunglHovstaterna PRESSBILD (2).jpg

And at the website are small photos of information officers Irene Beertema Strömmer, Ulrika Näsholm and Johan Tegel and press officer Annika Jeppsson.
Media - Sveriges Kungahus

The royal family's priest, Court Chaplain and Rector of the Royal Court Parish Michael Bjerkhagen, 53, is back at work after his heart surgery. On his Facebook page he talks about the four TV services he has now held in the Royal Court Parish and which SVT has recorded in Ulriksdal Palace Chapel.
A message of joy to all his friends - and to Crown Princess Victoria, who sent many warm thoughts to him during his illness.
It was in early February that Michael Bjerkhagen suffered a heart attack.
And now, six weeks later, Michael is back at work.
The services of Ulriksdal Palace Chapel are broadcasted in SVT2 as follows:
• 5/4 at 10:00-10:45.
• 19/4 at 10:00-10:45.
• 26/4 at 10:00-10:45.
• 3/5 at 10:00-10:45
Glädjebeskedet till Victoria – efter dödsdramat _ Svensk Dam

Now the staff of the court leaves the Royal Palace to do remote work from home instead. Those who can.
This is after the Public Health Agency on Monday called on the Stockholmers who have the opportunity to work remotely, because of the dissemination of society that is now mainly seen in the Stockholm area:
A recommendation that the court now applies since yesterday, says Margareta Thorgren for the Svensk Damtidning:
- In view of the recommendations of the Public Health Agency, several new directives concerning the staff of the court have been announced.
- We take the situation very seriously and secure it so that the court's employees feel secure.
Does that mean you will be working from home entirely?
- To the extent possible, we will, but not everyone can. Some of us will need to be in place at the Royal Palace. But we try to follow the recommendations of the Public Health Agency as far as possible, says Margareta Thorgren.
Kungens order_ Hovet ska jobba hemifrån _ Svensk Dam

Collections Head of the Linen Chamber Liisa Hartikainen takes care of the textiles of the Swedish court.
When the King of Sweden decides to organize a party, Liisa Hartikainen will be among the first to know about it.
Liisa Hartikainen from Hämeenlinna in Finland, who was planning a two-year trip to Stockholm, has already been there 35 years.
Hartikainen, who works as the head of the department, takes care of a rare textile treasure, the Linen Chamber of Stockholm's Royal Palace.
The linens are decorated with royal monograms and are inherited from the family. The oldest cloths date from 1891, when Sweden and Norway were still the same country. They are called Union linen and are still in use.
This union napkin was also used, for example, at the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria in the summer of 2010.
Union napkins and linens were woven in Lille, France in 1891. Their combined area would be enough to cover an area of ​​10,000 square meters.
Even up to 13 meters long and three meters wide linens are washed on a commode specially developed for them.
Gall soap, time and patience are used as tools.
"Gall soap is the best, that's what I'm preaching to everyone. And one thing that's really important about dealing with those old textiles is precision", says
Liisa Hartikainen.
A job at the Royal Palace arouses the listener's interest, but for Hartikainen, more important than the employer is to preserve the rare cultural heritage.
"Helping the head of state in his representation is, of course, a special thing, but in everyday life it is often forgotten. Only when the crown princess marries - or when there are these big events - will the best of everyone in this work community become visible."
After washing, the royal textiles await processing in the crown jewel of the linen warehouse, a 100-year-old German cold mangle.
The secret of the cold mangle is a heavy Skåne sandstone. The mangle makes the linen damask patterns shine.
After the treatment, the napkins rest in a cool room for a month. There, their fibers settle in place and they find their shape and identity, as the linen storage team used to say.
Eventually, they are packed in discarded tablecloths. The journey of even the best cloths ends up as packaging material and cleaning rags.
"I don't remember any cloth being thrown away during my time here."
According to Hartikainen, you can almost see from the cloth where the people of "your house" are sitting at the table. Court members know the value of textiles and what kind of work there is to clean them. So you don't want to make a mess either.
The covers of the people on a state visit also pass through the linen storage. The shining damasks also impressed the future king of England.
"At lunch, Prince Charles had hipped a napkin and asked how you have such beautiful napkins and how you have been able to keep them in this condition. The goal had been achieved because I wanted to show that there was still some fine stuff also outside the English court."
Kun Ruotsin kuningas järjestää juhlat, Liisa Hartikainen tarttuu sappisaippuaan _ Yle Uutiset _ yle.fi

The Royal Court Parish is a parish within the Swedish Church whose members consist of the Royal Family, those who have or have had an employment at the Royal Court or at the King's Military Staff and their families. The Royal Chapel is the church for the around 500 members.

Participate in the Royal Chapel's Aftonsång!
From Sunday, May 10 - and five more times ahead - the Royal Court Parish broadcasts ”Aftonsång från Slottskyrkan” from the Royal Palace.
Aftonsång is an old tradition that occurs not least in the monasteries. Sometimes this worship service is called vesper, the Latin word for evening. It is not uncommon to sing the Bible texts, hence the word "song", but aftonsång is also an old term for evening worship or evening prayer that existed within the Swedish Church until 1986.
We will have a slightly simpler arrangement, without singing but well with instrumental music that we hope you will enjoy! When the hymn is played, we hope you will sing along. Whether we sing or not, we can sing the praise of God: The hymn is a way of praying.
The services are led by The Right Reverend Bishop and Chief Court Chaplain Dr. Johan Dalman, and The Reverend, Court Chaplain and Rector of the Royal Court Parish Michael Bjerkhagen.

At this first Aftonsång took part Rector of the Royal Court Parish Michael Bjerkhagen, court organist Mary Ljungquist Hén and court trumpetist Olle Hermansen.
https://vimeo.com/416655826

Gudstjänster - Sveriges Kungahus

Information officer Irene Beertema Strömmer is now the Deputy Director of the Information Department.
Media - Sveriges Kungahus

The Right Reverend Bishop and Chief Court Chaplain Dr. Johan Dalman, court organist Mary Ljungquist Hén and court trumpetist Olle Hermansen performed at the second Aftonsång recorded at the Royal Chapel and broadcasted yesterday afternoon.
https://vimeo.com/419365163

That was really beautiful. Was there a special reason?

That was really beautiful. Was there a special reason?
The Royal Court Parish publishes six Aftonsångs in the internet now when the people can't come to church services at the Royal Chapel.

Rector of the Royal Court Parish Michael Bjerkhagen, court organist Mary Ljungquist Hén and court trumpetist Olle Hermansen performed at Aftonsång broadcasted on The Ascension Day 21st May.
https://vimeo.com/420990497

Nice to hear "La Prière" composed by princess Eugénie at these Aftonsångs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom