Fashion Suggestions for Queen Letizia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the above suggestions. I'd like to point out something about Letizia's jackets: I believe she needs to upgrade them - this Burberry jacket could be a great start - because they look so plain and indifferent, simply boring IMO. :cool: And let's not talk about the platform shoes...:whistling:

Oscar De La Renta
Blue dress - Lovely shade, the overlaying is quite pretty.
Gala gown - The colors and style will flatter Letizia, she has the body to pull off vertical lines and such wide embroidery.
Gala gown - Black & White a very classic piece, she would look amzaing in this.

Burberry jacket - I think the detailing around the shoulds & waist is quite elegent. It wont make Letizia look big since she is quite slim. This could work with a nice skirt or even pants.
I don´t understand whiy she doesn´t wear clothes from Oscar de la Renta, like the Queen.
She would look great.

I'm excited to see what Letizia will wear to Victoria's wedding. Hopefully something in red!

Roberto Torretta F/W 2010

Dress - I like the color and print on this ress, perfect for a cocktail or award ceremony.
Coat/dress - Letizia could pull this off easily. Perfect for a day event with a nice wide belt.
Pant suit - Lovely detailing on the jacket.

Kina Fernández F/W 2010

Skirt&top - Lovely combination, the top is a lovely cut and the bow on teh skirt is really pretty and hardly seen.
Long dress - Great color, simple and elegent.

Elie Saab ready to wear F/W2010

Green dress - This would fit Letizia perfectly, I like the few ruffles in the dress.
Black lace dress - This dress would work lovely on her figure, the lace and work is very pretty which she could pull off well.
Green tulle dress - The layers in this is very pretty, the fullness of teh skirt is something that Letizia pulls off nicely. The color is not bright nor dark which she has not worn before.

Last edited:
I miss seeing Letizia in nice flattering cuts, classic cuts & suits that are nicely cut.

A few choices from Oscar de la Renta pre fall & fall 2010

Look - The skirt looks very pretty with the black jacket which isnt too fitted, would look quite pretty on Letizia especially that she loves her scarfs.

Dress - Not sure about the color but the dress itself is lovely, Letizia could pull this off lovely especially that it looks quite light perfect for Spanish summer.

Look - Everything about this would work on Letizia, the colors and the cut. The ruffles are very pretty and its a well tailored look with some color.

Dress - Great color on Letizia, the cut is flattering and this is elegent for a formal event.

Look - Quite a nice color, love the top and Letizia needs some bright color in her closet. Would be great for an official event.

Dress - Elegent enough for a day time event. The idea behind this is lovely and red will look good on Letizia. Its quite a simple look which she can pull off well.

Dress & coat - Lovely for a winter event, the coat might be a bit dressy but it is pretty. Letizia has the figure to pull off baggy/loose stuff. The colors are very her.

Dress - Lovely for Letizia from design & color. This would be lovely and a new style for her.

Dress & jacket - Perfect for sumer, print is quite simple and the color is a color that works on Letizia. The short sleeve jacket is very pretty and can be used with lots of other pieces.

Jacket - Lovely for Letizia with a fitted skirt or over a nice dress.

Top & cardi - Lovely together or matched with something else. She could match it with a skirt or nice pants.

Cocktail dress - Perfect for a cocktail party or an evening. The color is quite soft and this would be perfect for Letizia.

Oscar de la Renta imo is the perfect designer for princesses, and I love all the recommendations, Dazzling good job!

Elie Saab Fall 2010 Couture Collection Slideshow on Style.com

I think Letizia would look amazing in this Elie Saab couture creation! Anyone know about how much a couture dress from him costs?

Starting $18,000.
Which dress/es you think would look good on her from the collection?

Armani Prive F/W2010

Pant Suit - This is really nice, I think Letizia can pull this very nicely. Color is perfect IMO & the jacket cut is quite elegent.

Dress - This is beautiful cut wise only. Would look very pretty on Letizia if it was in a different fabric.

Dress - This is very much Letizia IMO but would look much nicer on her in a different color. I like design of it.

Evening dress - Perfect for Letizia attending a state visit. The detailing on the side is lovely & she easily pulls off strapless gowns off.

Evening dress - Another lovely dress, I like the fact it is shaded and shimmery. Letizia has a figure for such dresses.

Last edited:
Starting $18,000.
Which dress/es you think would look good on her from the collection?

I think the red strapless with the bolero would look great on her. I saw it and I immediately thought of Letizia. Red is her color.

I think $18,000, as a base price, isn't bad considering how often she would wear the dresses.

I hope the palace knows about this forum and maybe they can suggest a few of the outfits we've selected. They're all really nice and I'd like to see her in some nice designer pieces like the other CP's.

I was wondering lets say Letizia buys one gown at $18000 how much flack would she get from the press. Also, would the people of Spain mind if she spent this on one gown. I know that the Queen wears designer clothing and gowns but Letizia is not the Queen. I wonder if this is why she stays clear of really expensive designer pieces.

You are absolutely right. Princess Letizia does have a great sense of style and she is very good at personalizing fashion. Simple, straight line dresses look very good on her and bright colors such as blue and green!

Elie Saab Couture F/W2010

Dress - Perfect cut for Letizia IMO. She has the body to it off very well but would love to see it in red.
Dress - Pretty dress minus the long slit and the top part needs to be altered a bit but the color would look lovely on her.
Dress - Very pretty dress and the color is so Letizia. I love the heavy beadwork but the top part is unflattering.
I would love to see Letizia in a simple red dress like this minus the slit. I could imagine how pretty she would look with the big earrings and a simple updo.

Georges Hobeika Couture F/W2010

Skirt - Lovely skirt, the red in it is very pretty. Id love to see it on Letizia for an official event/military event matched with a red jacket.

Last edited:
Since Letizia is a fan of Mango cloths, id like to see her in this pair of pants matched with a lovely top and a baggy jacket. I would also like to see her in this skirt with the same top or the top matched with something else, the skirt looks quite light and can be dressed up.

A few spring/summer 2011 collections form Spanish designers that I really would love Letizia see in.

Joaquim Trias S/S2011

One shoulder red dress - I love red on Letizia & she could pull this off well
Sleeveless red dress - Would looks nice with a nice belt for a daytime/official event, the cuts are clean which are nice.
Red top & white skirt - The whole look is lovely, very working. This would be lovely for any daytime event. The top could be matched with white pants as well.

Joaquim Tria Fall/Winter 2010

Coat 1 - This coat is lovely, like the different shades in it. Letizia would look quite nice in it.
Coat 2 - Great color & great detailing on the sleeves with a clean cut body.

Monica Labandera S/S2011

Jacket - The cut & style of the jacket is a style that Letizia has been trying to work achieve in some of her looks. This is done in a nice way which would work with pants or a skirt. The color is very formal & classic.

El Ego

Skirt - Lovely for an evening or cocktail reception. The detailing on the skirt is lovely & it's a cut that does suit Letizia.

Ion Fiz

Pink jacket - A lovely cut & quite flattering. The color is very spring/summery. The fitted cut Letizia would pull off without a problem. Would look nice with pants, a solid color skirt or even a printed skirt or summer dress.

Toni Frances

Jacket & dress - A lovely combination of colors, its a young look but very professional looking. Like the fact how it's a suit looking outfit but not.

Adolfo Domínguez Spring/Summer 2011

Dress - Letizia looks good in one strap, I think this style would look lovely but not the color nor the length.
Printed coat - It's a busy print but it would match basically anything. Could be dressed down or up.
Skirt - This is lovely, would look good on Letizia, love the colors and she does look good in the blues. Would look nice with a solid jacket or a nice plain white top.
Evening dress - Lovely style & cut, the slit is pretty as well. I like the color but not sure if the fabric which is a bit disco style.

Miguel Palacio Spring/Summer 2010

Top - Lovely style & detailing on the neck and arm. This would be lovely with a solid skirt or even a printed skirt.
Dress - A lovely style and so is the color, would only be nice if worn with a belt but Letizia would pull this off really nice.
Long dress - Lovely dress for Letizia at an official dinner.

Last edited:
Since Letizia is a big fan of Zara I have found some lovely pieces that look quite well tailored IMO and would look great on her if worn correctly.

Jacket - Great winter piece, the style is quite different. I like all the silver on it.
Lace Skirt - Its quite a rich dark navy, I like the fullness of the skirt which Letizia can pull off. A simple plain top would look nice or a very fitted jacket.
Coat - Looks like tweed, would look great with cream pants.
Whole outfit - I love this whole look. The coat is very pretty with the different colors, its far from looking like blocks. It could go with everything & anything IMO.
White dress - I like the collar part which is different, the body cut is quite lovely since its fitted with a full skirt part.The tricky thing would be if you had to match it with a cardi/jacket.
Long sleeveless cardigan - Love this and could work ideal for an official event if worn coreectly. I would wear it with pants and long sleeved top and over the cardigan a belt. Would work with a skirt as well IMO.
Coat & pants - The coat is very formal looking if dressed up and if dressed down would be the perfect coat for an outing IMO. Would be nice with pants or even a pencil skirt matched with a printed/colored top.

Since Letizia is a big fan of Zara.

Btw. Zara now has an online-shop for some european countries :)

ZARA International and then you will see a list of countries and the one with the bag in front of the name can indulge in online shopping :whistling: Not that I have tried it before :whistling:

Spring selection from Zara

Scarf - I like the black trim/dye on the scarf. Would look great for a casual outing.
Black jacket - I think this would look lovely with anything even over a nice printed dress. The length seems to be perfect for Letizia and its not shapless.
Black skirt - This is lovely for an offical event and would work lovely wit the black jacket above.
Tweed jacket - This is really stylish, the colors are okay but she could match it up with a light skirt and a nice cream top.
White wide leg pants - This is quite pretty, I like detailing around the hips. This is ideal for summer with a nice plain colored top.
White jacket with black - Pretty if worn right, I think a white skirt with a black top or teh other way round. The black collar makes in interesting.
Layered top - This is pretty not worn with a cardigan. The layers are soft but yet will add to any look.
Side ruffle top - Amazing yet stylish top with a clean cut grey skirt or maybe even white for a change. This could be dressed up or down depending what you match it with IMO.
Blue top - very pretty shade, would look lovely with grey, black or a white pants/skirt. A nice fitted jacket will also look good over this.

More spring collections from International designers

MaxMara - The crisp white skirt & the printed front cardigan look so elegant & colorful, this would be lovely with a nice colored belt. Letizia would look professional in this.
Akris - Printed shirt would look good with a skirt/pant suit or event a nice pair of pants matched with a coat.
St.John - B&W tweed jacket is an elegant/classic piece anyone can have for a professional look, she could dress this up or down.
St.John - The jacket would look lovely on Letizia, reminds me of the old jackets she use to wear, the colors are very crisp & the print is not busy. This would look lovely with white or navy.
St.John - Lovely red dress which with no doubt Letizia would be able to pull off, this is a great choice for an evening/cocktail event. The back view is really pretty & different from many of the dresses she has worn.
Akris - A lovely colorful top with a coral jacket. This could be matched with a nice coral skirt or event a white flared skirt.

Adolfo Dominguez

Pink/beige jacket - this would be lovely for a national event or a state/working visit with a skirt or even with a dress.
Black jacket with white detailing - Very fun jacket, this would ve nice with a skirt or pants either white or black.
Green ruffled top - Can be dressed up or down lovely with anything, the color is reat for Letizia for the season.
Printed top - Lovely with anything especially if worn with a belt.
Top - I find this very elegant even for a night event with a smart skirt.
Crochet skirt - Lovely with a jacket or a plain top but needs a nice necklace to dress it up.
Blue cocktail dress - Lovely cut & color for an evening event. This would flatter Letizia a lot especially that she can carry such styles off well.

Felipe Varela
Images taken from designers site

Navy & white jacket - Ideal for any event even for official & state visits. Would be lovely if Letizia matched it up with a loose skirt or pants.
Nay sleeveless dress - Perfect for a summer event, I really think that navy is a great color on her and she has the figure for such figure hugging dresses.
Green jacket with white finishing - Id love to see Letizia in such color, great if she matched it up with a white skirt or even white pants.
White jacket with silver embellishments - Ideal for an evening event or an official event, the embellishments on the front and sleeves are great to dress a look up.
Sky blue dress - The embellishments on the shoulders make thi smote of an evening/cocktail look. Great with simple diamond earrings and hair pulled back or up.
Maxi dress - Mallorca rings a bell when I first so this, great for hanging out with the family or a night out with Felipe.
Navy jacket with ruffles - I think Letizia would looks so good in this, its a cute piece but has to be worn right for it to look ooh IMO, a nice skirt or even over a lovely printed skirt/dress would look really nice. It also should be worn zipped up a bit like the model.
Tweed jacket/yellow/grey - This is really nice but depending how she wears it as it could be matronly IMO if not worn right. I think if worn with a lovely yellowish skirt it would look young or a really light shade of grey, any darker would look like it came out of Queen Sofias wardrobe.
Red dress - Ideal for any event, love the soft fabric and bright shade. Matched with an evening belt, this look would be great for a cocktail reception or awards ceremony.
Pink detailed cocktail dress - A nice shade for Letizia, would be great to any evening event or even for a wedding if matched with a lovely fitted jacket. Hair and jewelry should be kept simple with this.
Red dress with short sleeves - Perfect for any summer event.
Red cocktail dress - Its a color Letizia tends to look good in, the detailing of the dress is lovely and she does have th ebony for all of what is going on on the dress IMO. I would love to see this on her but hair need to be styled and pulled up, if left open I think it would look messy.
Red evening/long sleeved dress - Simplicity is all about this dress IMO. A nice brooch & earrings would be lovely.
Plum sleeveless dress - Pretty dress, I love the color and could be worn all seasons.
Pink beaded dress - Perfect for Mallorca in the evening or an official dinner, the color might be pale but Letizia is always tanned in Mallorca which this would look good on her.
Silver evening clutch - Ideal to finnish up any evening look IMO.

Last edited:
Excellent choices dazzling,I realy can imagine Letizia in every piece.

I would say,please stop tucking your shirt in your pants!

Felipe Varela
Images taken from designers site

Navy & white jacket - Ideal for any event even for official & state visits. Would be lovely if Letizia matched it up with a loose skirt or pants.
Nay sleeveless dress - Perfect for a summer event, I really think that navy is a great color on her and she has the figure for such figure hugging dresses.
Green jacket with white finishing - Id love to see Letizia in such color, great if she matched it up with a white skirt or even white pants.
White jacket with silver embellishments - Ideal for an evening event or an official event, the embellishments on the front and sleeves are great to dress a look up.
Sky blue dress - The embellishments on the shoulders make thi smote of an evening/cocktail look. Great with simple diamond earrings and hair pulled back or up.
Maxi dress - Mallorca rings a bell when I first so this, great for hanging out with the family or a night out with Felipe.
Navy jacket with ruffles - I think Letizia would looks so good in this, its a cute piece but has to be worn right for it to look ooh IMO, a nice skirt or even over a lovely printed skirt/dress would look really nice. It also should be worn zipped up a bit like the model.
Tweed jacket/yellow/grey - This is really nice but depending how she wears it as it could be matronly IMO if not worn right. I think if worn with a lovely yellowish skirt it would look young or a really light shade of grey, any darker would look like it came out of Queen Sofias wardrobe.
Red dress - Ideal for any event, love the soft fabric and bright shade. Matched with an evening belt, this look would be great for a cocktail reception or awards ceremony.
Pink detailed cocktail dress - A nice shade for Letizia, would be great to any evening event or even for a wedding if matched with a lovely fitted jacket. Hair and jewelry should be kept simple with this.
Red dress with short sleeves - Perfect for any summer event.
Red cocktail dress - Its a color Letizia tends to look good in, the detailing of the dress is lovely and she does have th ebony for all of what is going on on the dress IMO. I would love to see this on her but hair need to be styled and pulled up, if left open I think it would look messy.
Red evening/long sleeved dress - Simplicity is all about this dress IMO. A nice brooch & earrings would be lovely.
Plum sleeveless dress - Pretty dress, I love the color and could be worn all seasons.
Pink beaded dress - Perfect for Mallorca in the evening or an official dinner, the color might be pale but Letizia is always tanned in Mallorca which this would look good on her.
Silver evening clutch - Ideal to finnish up any evening look IMO.

Great choices! I love every piece, wouldn't mind getting those for myself ;)

Antonio Marras Resort 2012

Chiffon printed dress - A lovely dress with a great print and cut. Letizia could look great in this dress especially for spring/summer as the colors are quite bright.
Lace printed dress - I quite like the dress with the jacket, great for an official event. Its a nice color that would look great on Letizia. The dress is quite special so everything can be kept simple.
Sleeveless blue dress - Simple yet elegant, great for Letizia for a day event.
Red dress - Red is Letizia's color, this could be worn for an official lunch or a cocktail event. She could pull it off easily with her slim figure. To dress this look up, a great hair style, hair pulled up would be nice.

Valentino Resort 2012
Tulle embellishment dress - A lovely nude color with great embellishments and puffiness to it. Letizia would pull this off nicely with a nice tiara or brooch in her hair with her hair pulled up and heavy makeup.

Antonio Berardi Resort 2012
Pale pink dress - Lovely dress and great detailing, elegant yet simple. Would be nice for Letizia with her up and some nice earrings.

Elie Saab Resort 2012
Long red dress with lace - Letizia would look greta in this red dress for an evening reception but not with a tiara. The lace inserts are elegant and simple.
Red short dress - This is a great dress for a daytime/cocktail event, I like the straight cut of it which Letiza would wear nicely. The details on the waist is great and adds nice detailing to the overall look.

Adolfo Domínguez Fall 2011

Blue coat - Lovely for fall/winter. The color is great and would be nice in Letizia. She could wear this to any official event, match it with pants or even a nice skirt or printed dress and leave the coat open.
Sleeveless dress - I think the color combination is quite pretty and fun. Letizia could wear this to a daytime event or a cocktail event with the right jewels and hairstyle it could be very dressy.
Black & yellow dress - This is such an elegant piece. Lovely cut and the yellow inserts are very pretty. This would look so nice on Letizia with hair pulled back and a pair of studs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom