Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 20: June 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the outfit. Considering that she is having to wear flats (tennis shoes), I think she looks really nice.

Letizia wears barefootshoes from the brand vivobarefoot, I recognized them as I wear the brand myself. They fit the foots anatomy and are very comfy, I dont have any problems with my feet, its a good choice for everyone. Not keen on the outfit overall, especially the pants, I guess we'll see a lot of pants from now on.

Letizia wears barefootshoes from the brand vivobarefoot, I recognized them as I wear the brand myself. They fit the foots anatomy and are very comfy, I dont have any problems with my feet, its a good choice for everyone. Not keen on the outfit overall, especially the pants, I guess we'll see a lot of pants from now on.
She could glam it up with visible earrings at least, the ones today are really hard to make out.

Would look better if they were slim fitting.

Queen Letizia at the final of the "Her Majesty the Queen's Cup" 2023/2024 in Zaragoza today, May 18:
That's a really nice look on Queen Letizia,the jacket is wonderful!

I am very uncomfortable with criticizing Letizia for what she has on her feet anymore, given that a) the woman already literally crippled herself trying to keep up with the dictates of royal style, and b) we know her "severe problems” also equal a lot of pain, to the point where she needs a chair in a receiving line like someone decades older.

If she has nice shoes on (and she still has still has plenty of those)? Great.

If she has to wear “horrible” “ugly” orthopedic shoes, or trash bags or cardboard boxes on her feet? I don’t care. I just want her to be functional and feel better.

Respectfully, I wish people would realize that Letizia’s feet are no longer a fashion issue, but a medical one, and as one would not criticize any other royal with a public issue for not being stylish enough, so should it be with her footwear. And saying “but she should have more stylish orthopedic wear”….is really petty.

She ended up like this by trying to please everyone; it seems people didn’t get the memo.
I have foot issues too and am limited in footwear. Believe me, it is no fun!

I agree with everything you said in your post! It is a medical issue and your post is so well written. Thank you😊

If Letizia is limited to some style of orthotic footwear there are jundreds of gorgeous flats out there. And, if she is going to wear flats, her trousers should be shortened accordingly. As things stand, she is making a statement that she can't be bothered looking them or her dresser has not been asked provide a selection of pretty and elegant flats that compliment ensemble.

I have been weeding out the high heels in my dressing room as I am now of an age where they are just plain uncomfortable and after twenty years of wearing ugly flat laceups for Parades, etc, in the military I accumulated an embarrassing number of pretty, elegant, fashionable and frivolous shoes to wear when not in uniform. The biggest drawback of my military flats (aka aircraft carriers) was they created a bad case of Metatarsalgia that I have fought against for decades. I would not be seen in brilliant white trainers in anything but a private setting and I even have a pair of the most comfortable yet elegant, ballet flats.

As always red is her colour ♥️

I am very uncomfortable with criticizing Letizia for what she has on her feet anymore, given that a) the woman already literally crippled herself trying to keep up with the dictates of royal style, and b) we know her "severe problems” also equal a lot of pain, to the point where she needs a chair in a receiving line like someone decades older.

If she has nice shoes on (and she still has still has plenty of those)? Great.

If she has to wear “horrible” “ugly” orthopedic shoes, or trash bags or cardboard boxes on her feet? I don’t care. I just want her to be functional and feel better.

Respectfully, I wish people would realize that Letizia’s feet are no longer a fashion issue, but a medical one, and as one would not criticize any other royal with a public issue for not being stylish enough, so should it be with her footwear. And saying “but she should have more stylish orthopedic wear”….is really petty.

She ended up like this by trying to please everyone; it seems people didn’t get the memo.
This. 🥹

I'm a very selective person on footwear, mostly I stick to sneakers or trainers (precisely those few models I feel fine), and I've been heard "Why don't you just get a pair of flats? They are comfortable and good looking" many times. The thing is it's even so difficult for me to just find a pair of shoes that I could feel perfectly well in them, let alone a pair of better-looking AND comfortable shoes. I've experienced that many times, purchased a pair of good-looking flats that comfortable when I tried them on in the store, began to suffer after I wore them for real for one or two hours. The shape, the design/thickness/stress distribution of the sole, the material, etc etc., all these things matter and how it look somehow is the last thing I can bother. Then I dgaf now and just wear whatever I feel good, whether they're good-looking or not, I just want to be functional.

the barefoot shoes L wears are not orthopaedic shoes. barefoot shoes allow the foot to be in its natural form, there is a lot of space, no footbed, no specific insole, no heel, the sole is very thin and flexible. its all about walking naturally and training the muscles that are weakened by using footbet, insoles etc.
but its not a solution to feet that are already deformed or have other issues, like Letizia seems to have, apart from the broken toes. I am sure Letizia has a lot of experts around her to advise.
I have no issues on my feet but I wear barefoot shoes as they are comfy. but I am told by many friends, especially female like me and my age group, that those shoes are ugly and for that reason they'd never wear them. I don't care but I am not the Queen of Spain, as others pointed out, there certainly is more elegant footwear out there that will do the same job. you only have to look.

I would never dream of telling another woman what she should wear on her feet, fashion be darned! The Queen is 50 years old and has worn elegant clothes and shoes for decades. I’m sure she is wearing what she thinks necessary for health and comfort. She’s not a model.

the barefoot shoes L wears are not orthopaedic shoes. barefoot shoes allow the foot to be in its natural form, there is a lot of space, no footbed, no specific insole, no heel, the sole is very thin and flexible. its all about walking naturally and training the muscles that are weakened by using footbet, insoles etc.
but its not a solution to feet that are already deformed or have other issues, like Letizia seems to have, apart from the broken toes.

MARG, Queen Letizia is not wearing those shoes because of her metatarsalgia problems, she is using them for a specific problem which is that she has broken a toe, she wears a bandage on her right foot and for a few weeks she needs, as Duke has pointed out, a wide footwear that supports the foot well and is very adaptable.

When that broken toe is healed, she'll be back in shoes.

As said before in the thread for Queen Letizia's evening wear: her foot problems have by now been discussed repeatedly at various threads. Repetitive comments will be removed without notice. Thank you for your understanding!

Its not bad but is really a business look and not what you'd expect at a luncheon for a visiting Head of State.
Letizia's hairstyle is nice and earrings are really lovely.

Its not bad but is really a business look and not what you'd expect at a luncheon for a visiting Head of State.
Well, given that this is a Head of State whose country is at war and who dresses like a soldier in combat... it seems more than appropriate to dress soberly and give prominence to the reason for the visit.

I think this outfit is perfectly fine for meeting a president wearing military style, I am even surprised about the prominent luxurious earrings.
But, as others pointed out, the suit is ill fitting.

I think this outfit is perfectly fine for meeting a president wearing military style, I am even surprised about the prominent luxurious earrings.
But, as others pointed out, the suit is ill fitting.
The earrings are fine ,Letizia is the hostess and the event is at the Palacio Real for a visting Head of State ,had it been at Zarzuela a more discreet pair would have been appropriate.

Well, given that this is a Head of State whose country is at war and who dresses like a soldier in combat... it seems more than appropriate to dress soberly and give prominence to the reason for the visit.
Those were my thoughts. She looks absolutely fine.

Back
Top Bottom