Prince of Wales, Current Events 1: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

You got to love the Royals! I am somewhat sure, a "steak", which Prince William mentions here, is common food - or so he thinks... But for many of his subjects meatballs are already a luxury as we speak.

We have learned from the last weeks, that Royalty has its really sinister sides - but the food is excellent!

Today, January 20, the Prince of Wales virtually talked to people representing some of the regions of Australia that were affected by serious flooding:

Prince William also made a private donation to the Australian Red Cross to assist those affected by flooding.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...7/prince-william-donation-australia-flooding/

William may have a better understanding than most of what the rescue teams are facing, having worked both as an RAF Search and Rescue pilot and an Air Ambulance pilot. Kensington Palace also said today that the Prince has made a private donation of an undisclosed sum to the Australian Red Cross which is working in the areas affected.

Last edited:
:previous:

Here's a video of the Prince of Wales meeting winners of the 2022 Earthshot Prize today:

Excellent engagement for the Prince of Wales! Wonderful for the village that they continue to be remembered. I can imagine their excitement at having William join them in their memorial.

As an American, I had never heard of this tragic event, my word! I am now going down various rabbit holes looking at information about the event and the area in general. Sad but fascinating.

To my mind, this is what the royals should be all about - drawing awareness of the history and beauty of the kingdom. :flowers:

Prince of Wales visits this morning Snettisham Memorial Hall after service at St Mary's Church, Snettisham, to pay tribute to the 1953 floods.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/23284141.norfolk-prince-wales-visits-st-marys-church-snettisham/
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...e-appearance-memorial-service-Snettisham.html

As I recall 1953 is also when The Netherlands faced some of its worst flooding.
This was a significant event and I am glad that he went to the service today.

Yes, we did. I only heard recently that the UK also had floodings.

Yes, we did. I only heard recently that the UK also had floodings.

True, it inspired (and hurried) the Delta Works. It has left most people (or a lot anyway) with a lifelong trauma, of which some are "only now" beginning to talk. There is a podcast about it in Dutch, called Drowned Grief ("Verdronken Verdriet").

So this event is fantastic for William to have attended.

Yes, I remember the Netherlands floods and also a bit of Germany being affected as well. That weather reminds me of what the east coast of Australia has gone through over the last couple of years.

It hit several counties in East Anglia and the East of England as well. I was in Lincolnshire as a small child, living in a seaside resort in that county and had only just started school. I can remember the floods and the evacuations quite well and perhaps King Charles does too.

Last edited:
The Prince of Wales virtually talked to participants and student leaders of the Arctic Winter Games (January 29 - February 4) today, February 2:

Last edited:
This is related to one of William's other Passages that is also focused on those who are homeless.

https://www.mylondon.news/news/zone-1-news/live-updates-prince-william-opens-26309578

Prince William is currently opening two homeless shelters in Central London. The Prince of Wales has arrived at Bentley House and Passage House this afternoon (Thursday, February 23), following a refurbishment of the two buildings.
William is meeting residents, staff and volunteers to hear about the impact the new facilities will have on them as well as representatives from organisations who have supported the refurbishment. The prince joked upon his art skills on arrival, remarking that while the artists present were 'bloody good', he'd 'definitely not' be showing off his own artistic prowess.
He's also been meeting those who've been affected by the institutions. Upon entering he met a man who said St Vincent's has been a 'lifeline'.
The buildings will together support approximately 225 people who are experiencing homelessness per year. Passage House has 37 en-suite units and offers a rapid-response service for those who are newly homeless, aiming to reduce the instances of people becoming stuck in a street-based lifestyle. Meanwhile, Bentley House provides a permanent home for 20 people who have a long history of being street homeless. While residents here live independently, they are provided with on-site support from The Passage’s team of experts and volunteers.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Prince of Wales is now the royal patron of the Wales Air Ambulance charity.

https://nation.cymru/news/prince-william-named-royal-patron-of-the-wales-air-ambulance-charity/

Kensington Palace has announced The Prince of Wales has been named royal patron of the Wales Air Ambulance charity.
The patronage was revealed ahead of William and the Princess of Wales’s visit to the charity’s headquarters in Llanelli on Tuesday.
It is the first Welsh patronage to be announced for William since he was given the title the Prince of Wales by the King.
The Wales Air Ambulance charity, which was founded in 2001, has completed almost 45,000 missions and is on stand-by 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
William was an air ambulance pilot for the East Anglian Air Ambulance and a helicopter pilot with the RAF Search and Rescue Force based at RAF Valley on Anglesey.

A surprise visit from the Prince of Wales to military personnel in Poland:

https://archive.is/WjuEW
I was very surprised reading about this unexpected visit from His Royal Highness to my country. It underlines of importance of work of British troops stationing in this region.

British troops are there to help secure Polish airspace, due to the situation in Ukraine. It was good to see William visiting.

I was rather surprised to see the Prince of Wales there but very glad. I think it was a lovely message underscoring that this war isn't going to be perceived as a "local conflict" at the end of Europe any time soon!

Prince of Wales, Current Events 1: September 2022-

Agreed- this is a strong message imo. I’m surprised William is there too. But really surprised he stayed longer than a day.

Back
Top Bottom