Prince of Wales, Current Events 1: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wistman's Wood is an extremely important part of our Devon landscape so it's great to know that William is committed to its regeneration and expansion. The Duchy of Cornwall owns large chunks of land in Devon and we need it to act as a role model for landowners.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-66096431

Yeah, I think so too! Trees are the elephants among the plants. It is precious to have them around!

But, and this is just my humble opinion, they can be planted not only as a nature reserve, but for commercial use too as renewable ressources.

But from what I have seen here in the pics, the trees in Devon are of the leafy, slow growing sort. Perhaps there could be some kind of "reverse mortage" for trees be devoloped as a financial paper? I could imagine folks - and not only "greenwashing" mega-corporations - would be interested in owning some parts of real trees.

Wistman's Wood is an extremely important part of our Devon landscape so it's great to know that William is committed to its regeneration and expansion. The Duchy of Cornwall owns large chunks of land in Devon and we need it to act as a role model for landowners.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-66096431

I, too, was pleased to hear about the proposal. I suspect this has been in the works for some time, perhaps started under Charles as PoW.

I, too, was pleased to hear about the proposal. I suspect this has been in the works for some time, perhaps started under Charles as PoW.

Yes I think it's very likely that initial plans were in place for a while. I think William probably consults his father a fair bit too as Charles's deep knowledge of Duchy property would be extremely valuable.

Yes I think it's very likely that initial plans were in place for a while. I think William probably consults his father a fair bit too as Charles's deep knowledge of Duchy property would be extremely valuable.

I think that is right, there must be quite a close consultation between William and Charles on Duchy matters. In fairness, William had been involved in duchy matters for a fair few years before becoming Prince of Wales.

The Prince of Wales has a new patronage.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/246415/appeal-build-the-fleming-centre-launched/

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust and Imperial College London have today launched an appeal to build The Fleming Centre, which will drive a global movement to tackle antimicrobial resistance. Due to open in 2028, the Centre will be based at the historic St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington, London. His Royal Highness Prince William, The Prince of Wales will be Patron of the appeal.
The opening of the Centre will mark a century since the discovery of penicillin, the first antibiotic, by Sir Alexander Fleming in 1928 at St Mary’s. Fleming’s original Laboratory is still housed there, today.

The Prince of Wales is in Bournemouth today visiting business that are supporting Homeward UK.

https://www.dorset.live/news/dorset-news/royal-visit-live-prince-william-8732528

The Prince of Wales will meet with national and local businesses to hear about the pledges they are making as part of their support for Homewards and its mission to end homelessness. His visit will start at Pret A Manger’s Bournemouth store where he will hear more about the work being carried out by The Pret Foundation, which aims to tackle poverty and homelessness.
Prince William will then travel towards AFC Bournemouth's Vitality Stadium to hear about the football club's work within the community to support those at risk of homelessness, and their commitment to extend this work over the next five years as part of the Homewards programme in the local area. Prince William will meet with representatives from the local community for a roundtable meeting to discuss the many ways in which the business sector can help to tackle the societal issue of homelessness, and the support they can offer through the Homewards programme.

He bumped into Gazza! There's a blast from the past. Apparently he gave the prince a kiss. :lol:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-dorset-66743220

That's cool, although I wonder how much of a coincidenceit was (no snark), I remember articles and interviews about Gazza doing rehab in Bournemouth several times, and he's quoted in that artless as "doing better, getting there" so I guess he's living there for his recovery. Hope he keeps getting better.

Last edited:
That's cool, although I wonder how much of a coincidenceit was (no snark), I remember articles and interviews about Gazza doing rehab in Bournemouth several times, and he's quoted in that artless as "doing better, getting there" so I guess he's living there for his recovery. Hope he keeps getting better.

He apparently lives in Sandbanks, a nearby (and upmarket) residential area.

I love watching videos of William meeting and greeting people. He is so relaxed and at ease - there is no artifice or reluctance to him at all.

Sandbanks is very posh. TBH Gazza is in such poor health I don't think anyone would use him for PR in anyway. He was apparently in town and saw a big crowd and was told William was visiting, they have met previously.

Yeah, I know Sandbanks well, although I didn't realise Gazza lived there. Quite a few footballers and ex footballers do,

I wasn't necessarily meaning it was a stunt or being snarky or cynical, more like "surprise guest" type stuff but that's fun that it was a genuine surprise meeting.

I respect William's dedication to working with homelessness charities and his ambitious visions and he does generally seem to have relaxed into his public role in the last few years.

Prince William visited 'BEST - Be A Better You' in Swindon, a charity that helps young people with different social, emotional and mental health barriers using sports training and mentoring. The Prince met the founder of the charity Don Bryden whose own experience with his daughter inspired him to found the organisation.

The Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall this afternoon received representatives from the Council of the Isles of Scilly at Windsor Castle.

- Court Circular || 13 October 2023

Court circular
Kensington Palace
12th October, 2023
His Royal Highness, President, the Earthshot Prize, this afternoon received Prince Rahim Aga Khan (Chairman, Aga Khan Development Network’s Environment and Climate Committee) at Windsor Castle.

I wonder why these are held in the Grand Reception Room & not St George's Hall?

I think the current protocol is a covid thing that they haven't changed back yet. They used to be done in the Waterloo Chamber with the family members all seated.

Perhaps it was found to be preferable to have the family members enter in small groups where they could see it happen up close?

It's lovely that he was there. I took some flowers to Old Trafford the day after Sir Bobby died, but I couldn't watch the funeral cortege today as I had to work. William being there says a lot about how loved and respected Sir Bobby was.

Glad to see the new Colonel in Chief with the Regiment today.

The Prince of Wales received Prince Sayyid Theyazin bin Haitham Al Said of Oman at Windsor Castle today, November 24:

** Pic **

As last year the Prince of Wales as Patron of Passages has sent a video message for the ICAP Charity Day today, December 7:

** twitter video **

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales-67652371

The Prince of Wales has sprung a surprise on Emma Webb, who is pulling a life-sized model horse 160 miles (257km) in memory of her daughter Brodie, 16, who took her life in 2020.

She is walking from Chepstow, Monmouthshire to London over 19 days.

Williams shocked her by turning up out of the blue on day 13 of her 19-day journey in Slough, Berkshire.

She screamed "oh my gosh", before the prince hugged her and then had a chat with her and her friends.

Back
Top Bottom