Prince of Wales, Current Events 1: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Day 2 for the Prince of Wales in Poland today, March 23:

Here's a video from today.
The Prince laid a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Warsaw's Pilsudski Square.

It's a very clear political statement that the UK remains committed to the defense of our common European home. Good to see him there!

Great surprise! I have enjoyed all the engagements in Poland!

It's a very clear political statement that the UK remains committed to the defense of our common European home. Good to see him there!

Quite right. It is also a demonstration of the role of the Prince (and the RF) as national symbols, representing us all in thanking the troops for keeping us all safe.

The Prince of Wales received the Prime Minister of New Zealand Chris Hipkins today, May 2:

** Pic **

The Prince of Wales received the Prime Minister of New Zealand Chris Hipkins today, May 2:

** Pic **

I do hope the Prince of Wales meets quite a lot of the visiting PM's of the realms on a one-on-one basis.

:previous:

Today, May 4, the Prince of Wales met the Prime Minister of Australia Anthony Albanese at Kensington Palace:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Shouldn't the name of this thread be changed to reflect title change as Prince of Wales?

CC Monday: The Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall this morning held a Meeting with Mr Alastair Martin (Secretary of the Duchy of Cornwall) at 10 Buckingham Gate, London SW1. His Royal Highness, Duke of Cornwall afterwards chaired a Meeting of The Prince’s Council at 10 Buckingham Gate. The Prince of Wales, President, this afternoon held a Meeting with finalists of the Earthshot Prize at the Grove Hotel, Chandler’s Cross, Hertfordshire.

Here's a video of the Prince from yesterdays visit to the Oak Cancer Centre

Glad that William was able to reconnect with his mentor from his 2005 internship.

The Prince of Wales carried out the Colonel's Review at Horse Guards Parade today, June 10:

** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Gert's Royals explains why it is very rare that a royal carries out the Colonel's Review two years in a row. However, because William switched regiments due to becoming the Prince of Wales, both this and last year it is his regiment that is trooping the Colour this year and therefore, also requires the Colonel's Review a week prior.

William and George are attending the Ashes Test (England v Australia at cricket) at Lord's today. Sky Sports just showed a gorgeous shot of them both, but unfortunately I can't find any pictures on line anywhere!

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/496746/prince-william-prince-george-watch-ashes-cricket/

The Prince of Wales was joined by his son Prince George on Saturday day at the cricket to watch the England V Australia Ashes at Lords's Cricket Ground in London.
Prince William and his eldest child, nine-year-old George, were all smiles at the cricket game, as the pair sat in a box amongst other famous faces including cricket commentator Mark Nichola, Prime Minister Rishi Sunak and Richard Thompson, Chairman of the ECB (England and Wales Cricket Board).

I’m not sure if it’s just the new hairstyle, but George looks so much older today than he did even a month or two ago. And a bit more like William.

George could use a pair of sunglasses like his father and several others around him, he squints a lot when he's outside. I do too, I've worn shades since I was a toddler.

Last edited:
https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/c...illiams-visiting-lostwithiel-cornwall-8587978

Prince William will be in Cornwall today to open a new restaurant. The Duke of Cornwall will be in Lostwithiel this afternoon to visit the Duchy of Cornwall’s nursery where he will officially open The Orangery, its new restaurant which has been built as part of a nine-month extension project to create sustainable visitor spaces at the nursery.
Originally a slate quarry, the Duchy of Cornwall Nursery began life producing forest trees in the late 1960s. It started to sell plants to the public in 1974 and went on to become one of the largest nurseries in the South West. A spokesperson for the nursery said: "We pride ourselves on using sustainable practices, where horticulture is celebrated, and nature is allowed to flourish."
Upon arrival at the nursery, Prince William will visit the building’s new central atrium where he will meet with nursery staff, as well as Duchy of Cornwall employees involved in the extension project.
Read next: C ornwall's cursed fig trees that 'kill whoever plucks their leaves'

Continuing through to the glasshouse, part of the original nursery building and home to the most comprehensive range of indoor plants, cacti, succulents and air plants for retail in the South West, the Duke of Cornwall will then visit the Bumblebee Garden.
Using extra space and working alongside the Bumblebee Conservation Trust, the nursery has planted a patchwork of different flowers to create the perfect home to aid the declining bumblebee population. The project has inspired visitors to create bumblebee habitats within their own domestic gardens.

Wistman's Wood is an extremely important part of our Devon landscape so it's great to know that William is committed to its regeneration and expansion. The Duchy of Cornwall owns large chunks of land in Devon and we need it to act as a role model for landowners.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-66096431

Back
Top Bottom