Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 7: October 2021 - November 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

Máxima also wore it for the state visit to Ireland in 2019, see here, and the state visit to Portugal in 2017, see here.

I thought that dress looked familiar and might have been the one worn in Ireland.Its really beautiful!

It seemed to work/fit better on previous occasions.

It really needs a bigger necklace or necklace with pendent to fill the neckline.

It's normal a evening gown being short? When we see evening gowns, the are generally long

It's normal a evening gown being short? When we see evening gowns, the are generally long
It's entirely correct to wear a knee-length dress in a fancy material or an elaborate execution to an event where the dresscode is black-tie.

Rarely does the Queen get outshines by her hosts but it has happened 3x already for me where I am extremely impressed and much prefer the President's outfit. compared to the Queen's.

You are right. We can seldom blame Máxima for being underdressed, but today she is. It must be the first time she is wearing a cocktail dress during a return event. It is a mystery why. The president looks wonderful.

I think that with this short "evening gown" that the diamond necklace is way too flashy and her nice grey pearls may have been better or even her Middle East necklace that she wore in Paris one time years ago.

Queen Maxima wears Jan Taminiau tonight

Josine Droogendijk's photo

I just saw the pictures from other angles and a closer one on the top and just don't like the nude illusion. Everything is good with the style and pattern, but it bothers me the see-through it has, top center and down for the Queen.

Queen Máxima in Claes Iversen this evening, March 8:
** Full view ** Twitter post **

The president seems more regal on this gown for a formal event while Queen Maxima is on her way to cocktails and the local restaurant at the hotel.
I hate to say it, but Queen Maxima has a great personality and yet, her dress choices seem to be a constant hit or miss. Hope next event both match for once in a good way.

Last edited:
The cocktail dress doesn't work for me and the belt too looks silly,so a miss for Queen Maxima last night.

The first time that the Queen of the Netherlands is underdressed versus a president. Very strange choice and totally not as we expect from Queen Máxima.

It must be the first time she is wearing a cocktail dress during a return event. It is a mystery why.

It is indeed pretty rare, but it has happened before ;) she has for example also worn a cocktail dress for the return event of the state visit to Ireland in 2019, see here.

Yesterday evening Queen Máxima attended the 13th European Financial Services Round Table (EFR) for directors and chairmen of boards of European banks, insurance companies and European policymakers on financial health in Brussels, Belgium:

** Pic **

Yesterday evening Queen Máxima attended the 13th European Financial Services Round Table (EFR) for directors and chairmen of boards of European banks, insurance companies and European policymakers on financial health in Brussels, Belgium:

Other than the earrings its a nice look on the queen and a smarter looking hairstyle too.

Queen Máxima in red (Claes Iversen) for the state banquet of the state visit from France this evening, April 11:

** Full view ** Side view **

I don´t think a red sash on a red dress because of its hard visibility, is a good choice. The gown as such and the Queen´s jewels are beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
HM has better and sleeker red gowns in storage, from Valentino and even a one-shoulder one by Iversen himself. The sleeves make it a little messy. On it's own it may not be a problem but as HM needs to add so many other elements - sash, star, brooch etc. - it gets rather busy. Good idea to have the dress in the same colour as the sash.

I am not a great fan of hair down with tiaras. But if it has to be down, this is a good way to do it. It looks well styled.

Brigitte Macron looks great.

Last edited:
i agree and how do you eat?

Carefully?

By the size of them, she could put a snack up for later!

Lovely colour, strange choice if she knew the colour of the sash. Sometimes I wonder if Maxima is not that bothered about decorations etc but obviously has to wear.

Carefully?

By the size of them, she could put a snack up for later!

Lovely colour, strange choice if she knew the colour of the sash. Sometimes I wonder if Maxima is not that bothered about decorations etc but obviously has to wear.

My idea ia that the colour was exactly chosen to match with the riband of the Légion d'honneur.

My idea ia that the colour was exactly chosen to match with the riband of the Légion d'honneur.

Exactly, the color is precisely that of the order; had she not taken the order into account it would never be an exact match.

With those sleeves and hair down, it's kind of a messy look.
And yes, Brigitte Macron looks fab!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom