Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 7: October 2021 - November 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely colour, but the sleeves are hideous, IMO.

Agree its a lovely colour and the jewels work wonderfully with it,the sleeves and hairdown with a tiara are the only dislikes.

Lovely colour, but the sleeves are hideous, IMO.

I really like the dress- except for the sleeves. The side view really showed how huge they are towards the bottom. If they’d just been fitted.

The off the shoulder look worked nicely. Her hair looked good down. Usually- I prefer an updo with tiaras, but this looked nice.

I agree the sleeves are a little much, but the color and cut of the dress do look good. And the jewels are fabulous.

It seems that she did not put much thought when choosing what to wear and how to style her hair for the tiara. Brigitte Macron is much, much more regal than the Queen!

I must be the only one who dislike the sash and the gown are in totally same colour. Hate the sleeves as well (really how does she eat? I think they would sweep everything when she toasts).

Nice colour though, and it works really well with the pearls.

Brigitte Macron looks magnificent.

It seems that she did not put much thought when choosing what to wear and how to style her hair for the tiara. Brigitte Macron is much, much more regal than the Queen!

Come on "much, much more regal than the Queen"? Queen Máxima was regal as always. She wore haute couture by Claes Iversen exactly matching the riband of her Order, she had her hair nicely styled, okay: not to everyone's preference. She wore historic jewels but surprisingly low key, not to be accused for being too bling-bling.

Queen Máxima, as hostess, made sure inside and outside there were lots of floral arrangements. The grandest golden table pieces, were used to obtain that level of grandeur befitting the President of France. More she could not do.

The difference is that Madame Macron is sphinx like in her outlook and movements. Next to her that lively and expressive Queen. That makes her stately but yesterday she really had difficulties to walk to the National Monument. She gave the impression to have had one glass of pastis too much.

This reminds me to an old newsreel in which Queen Beatrix entered a hall, smiling and greeting the audience, with a quite sphinx like and distant acting President Mitterrand next to her. "Look" the somewhat ironic commentator said: "the President of the Netherlands and the King of France!"

That is serious carat power. It seems the President and the King have a diner together with two Government delegations, in the Rijksmuseum. Madame Macron and Queen Máxima have a diner aboard a historic boat and enjoy great food while illuminated Amsterdam glides alongside them. Later in the evening the two couples will say farewell.

A nice and subdued outfit. I don't even mind the glitter on the pantalon.
The Queen has been using this style of coat for a while now. I think it is an improvement over the normal coats that were draped over the shoulders. The Queen must like to have her arms free and it will make it easier to remove the coat later on.

A nice and subdued outfit. I don't even mind the glitter on the pantalon.
The Queen has been using this style of coat for a while now. I think it is an improvement over the normal coats that were draped over the shoulders. The Queen must like to have her arms free and it will make it easier to remove the coat later on.

Those XXXL size pants do nothing. Zero comma zero elegance, those pantalons. I have to be honest and Madame Macron (again) was the better dressed. It is strange that the Queen has not worn anything French. I wish she did. Claes Iversen and Natan. Pffff. What has happened to Jan Taminiau? Maybe he would have made an Empire style gown matching the fabulous French Empire collections in the Royal Palace.

I'm in the minority here but I love this look. Maxima always does color really, really well and I love the red with the pearls. I even love the dress. I'd agree that it's not necessarily practical for dining but still a fabulous look.

Those XXXL size pants do nothing. Zero comma zero elegance, those pantalons. I have to be honest and Madame Macron (again) was the better dressed. It is strange that the Queen has not worn anything French. I wish she did. Claes Iversen and Natan. Pffff. What has happened to Jan Taminiau? Maybe he would have made an Empire style gown matching the fabulous French Empire collections in the Royal Palace.

Since Covid started the queen seems to have reduced the amount of clothes that she buys and she seems to prefer cheaper outfits as well. There are a lot of repeats. Hand made Taminiau gowns or even the Valentino haute couture seems to be a thing of the past. Prinsjesdag being an exception once in a while.

An Empire-style Taminau gown would have been a lovely thought indeed.

I don't hate today's outfit. It's definitely not my absolute favorite but it's also not horrible. I've seen her wear much, much worse. The detail does seem to give it a bit of an upgraded feel, too.

Maxima looks fine. How would an "empire-style Taminiau" have worked together with the extremely plain outfit Macron is wearing?

I imagine Duc meant it for the banquet in the Amsterdam palace yesterday, as the palace has the largest collection of empire-style furniture that can be found outside of France. But as styles go, Máxima is more rococo perhaps ;).

Queen Máxima in Natan at the return event this evening, April 12:

A tale of Two Natan Halves ;)

The top part is really lovely on Queen Máxima but those pants are hideous and really unflattering.

Maxima looks fine. How would an "empire-style Taminiau" have worked together with the extremely plain outfit Macron is wearing?

Princess Laurentien wore such a style dress in Oslo (picture) with a silk stole with embroidery which could easily match with the dominating Empire style inside the Royal Palace Amsterdam

She looks perfectly model-esque! Lovely hair…

She looks nice. I think of the three outings I like it best this time.

Queen Máxima in Claes Iversen prior to a dinner as part of her visit to the Milan Design Week today, April 18:

The queen looks fabulous here and it looks like the queen has taken note and her hair has never looked better,the Boris Johnson look is hopefully a thing of the past!

I wish she (and Amalia!) would burn those sunglasses. So un-ladylike, those black things on a nose.
Sunglases have a use. Either these or a headache. It is not as if they are completely black. You can still see her eyes, which is important.

I wish she (and Amalia!) would burn those sunglasses. So un-ladylike, those black things on a nose.

I don't mind sunglasses as they are practical and also advised for eye health and protection.

Normally I am not a big fan of these house-on-the-prairie dresses. We have seen a lot of them on a lot of royals. But this one looks nicer than usual, she looks good and the hair is still nicely styled.

Queen Máxima looks really nicely styled,not a huge fan of the dress.

Queen Máxima at the May 5 concert in Amsterdam, the conclusion of the National Celebration of Liberation, this evening:

** Full view **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom