The Duchess of Edinburgh's Fashion and Style, Part 1: March 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The coat is nice. The hat and color of the hat, I do not care for.

The Duchess of Edinburgh in Emilia Wickstead attended a summit of the Mencap Society today, April 12:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Not great all looks a bit messy but it could be just the photo.

Not great all looks a bit messy but it could be just the photo.

She does look messy sometimes - that blouse would look casual whatever you put with it and her hair usually looks unkempt unless she wears it up. She doesn't seem to have an innate understanding of how to dress well. Sometimes she looks chic and polished and other times she looks dreadful so it's very hit and miss.

The Duchess of Edinburgh in Emilia Wickstead attended a summit of the Mencap Society today, April 12:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

This look is very messy from head to toe. In the 2nd Pic the Duchess looks like a woman making the "walk of shame". The piece are very solid and nice individually but pit together on a very windy day...it's a hot mess.

The Duchess of Edinburgh at Gherkin in London yesterday, April 12:

** Full view ** Upper part **

And at Halle St Peter's in Manchester today, April 13:

** Full view ** Upper part **

The blue dress is smart but it doesn't seem to fit her very well.

The green jacket looks good and that's a smart outfit, especially as her hair looks more tamed.

She's a lovely looking woman to start with so she doesn't have to make an enormous effort to look well turned out.

The 2 pieces of clothing, the dress and jacket, are very nice in their own right. However, together they “wash” each other out and Sophie too! It looks like the jacket was ‘grabbed’ as an after thought. I wish Sophie could get some help in putting her wardrobe together. She has many nice pieces but she does not put them together well.

This is a suitable outfit for the event and she looks much more elegant with her long hair tied back. I wonder if she'd go back to the short style she had when she was first married - that suited her so well and always looked smart.

This is a suitable outfit for the event and she looks much more elegant with her long hair tied back. I wonder if she'd go back to the short style she had when she was first married - that suited her so well and always looked smart.

Agree the duchess always looks more professional with her hair tied back.

I don't like the pattern on that dress and the design too is not great either.

The dress cut is fine, but the pattern I so not care for. I also would have like to see their hair up, it looks messy down today. Her smile though brightens the room.

I am obviously in the minority here but I do like the print of the dress. It’s quirky and different and I like that. It is also a nice cut in my opinion.

I am normally a fan of her hair up, mainly because she obviously has very thin hair, but today it looks quite nice. I always did prefer her hair a bit shorter but I assume she’s having it a bit longer for the coronation for her hair style.

I do agree about her smile - she looks very pretty when she smiles and it makes everything seem brighter.

I just think the pattern is busy so agree bit much.

I expected Sophie to change her hair this week for the coronation - cut maybe a colour. Like a wedding - you dont want to wait for that, just in case.

SHe looks really lovely in that pink blazer and white shirt.

The top half is really lovely on the Duchess of Edinburgh and a much nicer hairstyle today.

That is a lovely dress on Sophie, who can certainly afford to lean a bit more sophisticated than some of the more indifferent things she tends to wear.

Why put a beige blazer on top?

I like Sophie’s hair. I do not like the print of the dress. The style and fabric are nice.

The Duchess of Edinburgh privately out in Chelsea this week:

** Full view **

And she attended a reception for the Centenary of Bagshot Women's Institute at Windlesham Golf Club:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

Last edited:
The darts......it ruins the dress.

Back
Top Bottom