Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 5: 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that the Queen in general seems to favour smaller tiaras these days I somehow doubt that we'll see her in the Braganza again.

It would be a pity if the Queen would never wear the Braganza tiara again becuase then we will have tio wait a long time. I still hope she will wear if for an incoming State Visit from another Monarchy for example.

Or for official pics as then she will not have to wear it for a long time.

I fear you might be right about the Braganza. The Queen may not wear the heavy beast again. Besides she has never worn it at the Nobels before, so she might not want to start that now.
I think a reason not wearing if for the Nobels isalso that she would have to wear if for a long time. Ofcourse this was also the case at Victoria's Wedding but this was an one time Event.

Last edited:
It would be a pity if the Queen would never wear the Braganza tiara again becuase then we will have tio wait a long time. I still hope she will wear if for an incoming State Visit from another Monarchy for example.

The Braganza hiatus is the longest since she became Queen, almost 10 years. On the other hand she has had no reason to wear it during this time of period, as she tend to wear it for state banquets from fellow monarchs or special family occasions. We have had neither of that since 2010, with the King's 70th birthday only being black tie.

Indeed, Queen Silvia seems to prefer smaller tiaras nowadays. What ever reason it is, I do hope to see the Braganza again, but I would undersand if she refrains it.

I've long been of the opinion that the reason for the Queen generally going with her lighter tiaras these days has to do with her broken arm a few days ago. That's also the reason for her ever present shawls.

The Braganza hiatus is the longest since she became Queen, almost 10 years. On the other hand she has had no reason to wear it during this time of period, as she tend to wear it for state banquets from fellow monarchs or special family occasions. We have had neither of that since 2010, with the King's 70th birthday only being black tie.

When did Queen Louise last wear the Bragnca tiara? My guess is that she did no wear it in the last years before her death so it was probably around 15-16 years not worn when Queen Silvia wore it the first time for official pics in autumn 1976.

I've long been of the opinion that the reason for the Queen generally going with her lighter tiaras these days has to do with her broken arm a few days ago. That's also the reason for her ever present shawls.

Probably also the weight of the tiara is a reason but i think the Braganca is by far the heaviest from the swedsih tiaras. As for her ever present shawl i think for some reason the Queen is freezing sooner now and that is the reason it is always present at last at Events in the Royal Palace.

Last edited:
I can understand If Queen Silvia don’t want to wear the Braganza anymore. It’s said to have a weight of 3kg...She is after all 75 years old (soon 76). Or at least not to state dinners when she has to carry it on her head for hours...

If we’ll ever see the Braganza again on Silvia, i think it will be for official portraits, but she has started to prefer other tiaras for that too...

Don’t know why the Cameo Tiara is so rarely used. A few years after the Crown Princess wedding, rumours circulated here in Sweden that it was in very fragile condition but i don’t know if it’s true or not....

I would love to see Queen Silvia make more use of King Edward VII Ruby Tiara (even including it in her regular tiara rotation for the Nobel festivities) because it’s a majestic piece full of royal history and deserves way more recognition.
But given it’s controversial history with the disputed ownership with the King’s late uncle Count Sigvard Bernadotte, i suspect that they have some form of family agreement that it won’t be used on a regular basis for as long as Sigvard’s widow Countess Marianne Bernadotte is alive.... Otherwise i’m sure they would have used it way more regularly by now....

Last edited:
More in regards to Queen Silvia, I bet she will wear the Baden Fringe for the State Banquet in India.

More in regards to Queen Silvia, I bet she will wear the Baden Fringe for the State Banquet in India.

Why do you assume she will wear a tiara in India ? Queen Máxima wore one, but I don’t think it is a given for Queen Silvia. After all, it is not a white tie dinner .

If it's a black tie dinner, then it is well possible that Queen Silvia wears a tiara. And the Baden fringe it quite likely, since she seems to have stopped wearing the tiara that is now known to be owned by Madeleine. But maybe she borrows it from her daughter? The family is known to share their jewels a lot. In any case, it will be one of the smaller numbers. As long as she doesn't dig the four buttons tiara out of the vault and gives it a first ever outings...:ohmy:

If it's a black tie dinner, then it is well possible that Queen Silvia wears a tiara. And the Baden fringe it quite likely, since she seems to have stopped wearing the tiara that is now known to be owned by Madeleine. But maybe she borrows it from her daughter? The family is known to share their jewels a lot. In any case, it will be one of the smaller numbers. As long as she doesn't dig the four buttons tiara out of the vault and gives it a first ever outings...:ohmy:

I believe Madeleine owns the modern Fringe ( her wedding tiara), but not the Baden Fringe.

I believe Madeleine owns the modern Fringe ( her wedding tiara), but not the Baden Fringe.
Sorry for not expressing myself clearly, but I was talking about both tiaras: Silvia will wear one of the smaller tiaras. It's likely that she'll wear the Baden fringe from the Bernadotte collection. Or maybe she borrows Madeleine's tiara, which is smaller, but hasn't been worn by the Queen for nearly a decade.

Why do you assume she will wear a tiara in India ? Queen Máxima wore one, but I don’t think it is a given for Queen Silvia. After all, it is not a white tie dinner .
Because she did wear a tiara for the last State Visit to India in 1993, and she tend to wear tiaras for black tie State Banquets.

But as you said I don't know she will wear a tiara, as we rarely know anything in these Forums beforehand, we hope and muse...

My guesses for the Nobel Prizes:

Queen Silvia : sapphire tiara

Victoria : Baden fringe tiara

Madeleine : aquamarine kokoshink tiara

Sofia: wedding tiara

Ah well we have the Nobel ceremony shortly to keep us going.

My guesses for the Nobel Prizes:
Queen Silvia : sapphire tiara
Victoria : Baden fringe tiara
Madeleine : aquamarine kokoshink tiara
My guess for Nobel events
10th
Silvia Leuchtenberg Sapphire
Victoria Cut Steel
Madeleine Aquamarine Kokoshnik
Sofia wedding Tiara with diamonds
11th
Silvia 9Prong
Victoria Baden Fringe
Madeleine Modern Fringe
Sofia wedding Tiara with emeralds
( As always i hope to see something other then the 9Prong oder Leuchtenberg on Silvia it would be nice to see the Cameo or Ruby Tiara, For Victoria i dont expect any suprise but it would like to see Lilians Necklace/stomacher again. Same for Madeleine i dont expect any suprise. Unfortunaltley Sofia seems to wear just her wedding Tiara recently, i hope she wears the Amethyst again.

Diplomatic dinner
Elizabeth: as usually her girls but i hope for the modern sapphire or at least her dubai loop necklace
Camilla. the Greville as always-pearl chocker as always, but i hope to see a colored necklace
Catherine. Lovers Knot (please bring back the Lotus!)

Last edited:
Diplomatic dinner
Elizabeth: as usually her girls but i hope for the modern sapphire or at least her dubai loop necklace
Camilla. the Greville as always-pearl chocker as always, but i hope to see a colored necklace
Catherine. Lovers Knot (please bring back the Lotus!)

As this year's Diplomatic dinner is the night before the elections, I really do not think this is the year the royal ladies will be experimenting with jewels or doing anything to draw attention to themselves; so expect more of the same, I am afraid.

Two and three days to go, and time to place my wishes (and what is likely).

Nobel Ceremony and Banquet

Silvia - The Cameo Tiara (The Leuchtenberg Sapphires)
Victoria - The Baden Fringe and the Sunburst stomacher (The Baden Fringe)
Sofia - The Amethyst Tiara (The Wedding Tiara with pearls)
Madeleine - The Connaught Tiara (The Connaught Tiara)

The King's Dinner

Silvia - The Ruby Tiara (Queen Sofia's Tiara)
Victoria - The Large Cut Steel Tiara (The Laurel Wreath Tiara)
Sofia - The Six Button Tiara (The Wedding Tiara in any version
Madeleine - The Diamond Bandeu (The Modern Fringe)

As this year's Diplomatic dinner is the night before the elections, I really do not think this is the year the royal ladies will be experimenting with jewels or doing anything to draw attention to themselves; so expect more of the same, I am afraid.

What does the election have to do with their choice of jewelry ? I don't see how the election results would be affected by Catherine or Camilla wearing a different tiara (I don't think they will anyway, but fot other reasons).

What does the election have to do with their choice of jewelry ? I don't see how the election results would be affected by Catherine or Camilla wearing a different tiara (I don't think they will anyway, but fot other reasons).

You are right in that the election results are unlikely to change because of the choice of tiara by a royal lady, but in general, the BRF are loathe to do anything to draw attention to themselves during an election period.

My final bid for tomorrow and Wednesday

10 December

Silvia : Leuchtenberg Sapphires

Victoria : Baden Fringe Tiara

Sofia : Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara

Madeleine : 6-Button Tiara

11 December

Silvia : Edward VII Ruby Tiara

Victoria : Napoleonic Cut Steel Tiara

Sofia : Wedding Tiara all diamond version

Madeleine : Modern Fringe Tiara

10 Dec
Silvia: Sapphire Parure
Victoria: Connaught Tiara
Madeleine: Aquamarine Tiara
sofia: wedding tiara with pearl

11 Dec
Silvia: Nine Prongs Tiara
Victoria: Lilian's Tiara
Madeleine: Amethyst Tiara
Sofia: 4 buttons tiara

Diplomatic dinner,
As usual, GGBI, Honeycomb and QMLK.

Wild card:
Ruby tiara for Victoria, Lilian's Tiara for Madeleine, wedding tiara with a new set of gemstone for sofia (aquamarine, sapphire or ruby). Would be surprised to see DoC in Delhi Durbar and kate in Lotus (quite sure she will stick to QMLK).

Last edited:
:previous: I like your wild cards! Not likely, but a lovely thought. I really hope that at least one of the ladies will wear a new tiara for the first time today. And Victoria sharing Lilian's tiara with her sister would be a very nice gesture.

My wishes for Nobels day 1 before I check the results:

Silvia – Cameo tiara
Victoria – Ruby tiara
Madeleine – Aquamarines
Sofia – Large cut steel tiara

---
I got my wish for the aquamarines. And Sofia has new stones for her tiara!

----
My wishes for Nobels day 2:

Silvia – Leuchtenberg Sapphires
Victoria – Connaught tiara and Processional necklace
Madeleine – wedding tiara and emerald necklace
Sofia – small cut steel and matching necklace

Diplomatic reception in the UK

It’s the night before the elections, so I expect the most boring choices:
Queen – Girls of Great Britain and Ireland
Camilla – Greville tiara and diamond pearl choker
Catherine – Lover's knot tiara and Diana’s pearl earrings and a repeated dress

My wish would be anything but those, but slim chances of it this year.

Last edited:
Nice to see Madeleine wore the Aquamarine, that tiara is kind of hers.

Sofia did get some new stones but turquoise isn't what I expect and what I want to see.

My guesses for the private Nobel Prize dinner tomorrow:

Silvia: sapphire tiara

Victoria: Lilian’s tiara

Madeleine: Modern Fringe tiara

- Diplomat Reception I hope the go big. Great gowns and marvellous jewels.

Here's my updated guess for tonight:

Silvia: Connaught tiara
Victoria: laurel tiara
Madeleine: her own tiara
Sofia: diamond version of her own tiara
Countess Bettina: the other multi-color tiara

As you see, I don't expect grand things for tonight. But I wouldn't mind a surprise, like Madeleine with the large cut steel tiara. Or seeing the ruby tiara again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom