Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events: 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be a Dutch state visit to Austria in June. If there will be a tiara event, I predict Queen Maxima will wear the diamond bandeau tiara.

I am going for the peacock ruby tiara, which has the same colours as the Austrian flag but perhaps better suited for republics than the more impressive Mellerio ruby tiara is. HM also wore the peacock tiara in Canada in 2015.

Last edited:
I would also say one of the 2 ruby tiaras for Queen Máxima in Austria. and i could also see her wear the Mellerio ruby tiara there, as last year she wore the small seating of the Stuart Tiara in Germany.

I would also say one of the 2 ruby tiaras for Queen Máxima in Austria. and i could also see her wear the Mellerio ruby tiara there, as last year she wore the small seating of the Stuart Tiara in Germany.
I agree with you one of the Ruby Tiaras, somehow i don't think Maxima goes small at an white Tie dinner. I think its not one of her favorite Tiaras but I hope to see her in the Wurttemberg Pearl Tiara. Maybe the aigrette, hair comb or Ears of Wheat on the second day, or she goes big with a spectacular necklace..

I agree with you one of the Ruby Tiaras, somehow i don't think Maxima goes small at an white Tie dinner. I think its not one of her favorite Tiaras but I hope to see her in the Wurttemberg Pearl Tiara. Maybe the aigrette, hair comb or Ears of Wheat on the second day, or she goes big with a spectacular necklace..

The Wurttemberg pearl tiara would be a lovely choice, offsetting against the red and white of the sash. Though I would not be unhappy to see the Peacock necklace and tiara both be used together by Maxima.

IIRC Queen Beatrix did wear the Württemberg tiara in Austria in 1994, which was indeed a nice combination with the white & red sash and a red dress.

IIRC Queen Beatrix did wear the Württemberg tiara in Austria in 1994, which was indeed a nice combination with the white & red sash and a red dress.

Beatrix used that tiara most of the time,almost everywhere she went.

But it would be a beautifull choice for Maxima this time too.
Or if they go on the environmental tour,the emaralds would do
with the pigeon egg dangling on a necklace.

She ` only ` has 16 tiara´s to choose from,plus all of us looking over het shoulder pointing at each favorite..Heck,what a job...

Beatrix used that tiara most of the time,almost everywhere she went.

Yes this was her favourite from the bigger tiaras of the dutch RF. But at last this one was not buried in her hairdoo.

I think that she will wear the peacock tiara, but it's really difficult to guess since she has so many tiaras to pick from.

Btw, there is also a third ruby option: Queen Emma's diamond tiara with three rubies, as Beatrix wore it sometimes, or with just one ruby as worn by Laurentien. So far, Maxima has only ever worn the all-diamond version of this tiara, this would make a nice change.

The Peacock is one of my least favourite from the Dutch collection.

We can look forward to not only see Princess Ingrid Alexandra the first time with a tiara on 17.06. but also the Princess of Orane as it was confirmed that she with her parents will attend the gala Dinner. No the question is which one she will wear. I will make a wild guess and say the laurel wreath tiara which has not been often seen in the last years.

There are still ten days and I'm already so excited:clap: I miss those major royal celebration with many royal from different countries (and tiaras!) so much.

:previous: I'm guessing the Dutch laurel wreath for C-A as well.

Let's hope there will be more younger guests;)

Wow, that is a great surprise! So two future queens will debut their first tiara at the same event.
For Ingrid Alexandra, I'm pretty sure she'll wear the Boucheron pearl tiara, since it's already official that she received it for her birthday.
The Dutch have a number of good starter tiaras, like the base of the antique pearl tiara or the emerald tiara or the pearl version of the emerald tiara. But the laurel wreath tiara was Beatrix first tiara, and it has never been worn by Maxima so far. So that could point to the laurel wreath tiara; I agree with Stefan there.

I looking forward to Ingrid Alexandra's Gala Dinner. Yes a lot of possible Tiaras to wear for C-A but I agree with posters the Laurel Wreath Tiara and the Antique Pearl Tiara-base very likely. The small Sapphire necklace/Tiara would be a lovely starter Tiara too. I still hope for a little surprise like the button Tiara with new stones

Now that Maud Behn is over 18 she may wear a tiara at Ingrid's 18th birthday gala. Maybe she will wear her mother's King Olav gift tiara.

:previous: I wish we will see a tiara on Maud, King Olav's tiara is pretty possible (if she does wear tiara), but I hope she will wear some family pieces like the amethyst tiara or the base of Malta cross.

I hope I-A is seen in either of the base of the Maltese cross or the Vifte tiara.

As regards C-A, perhaps the Laurel Wreath or the emerald tiara in the pearl setting.

I think we will see Ingrid Alexandra in a new tiara. Not the Pearl Circle tiara. The pearl circle I think we will see later, maybe in Copenhagen if she goes there later this year. I also hope to see CP Mette-Marit debut either Queen Maud diamond tiara or Queen Sofia of Sweden and Norway pink tourmaline/topaz parure.

Somehow i doubt Maud will wear a tiara as none of Princess Astrid or Princess Ragnhild's children have worn a tiara not even for their Weddings.

Somehow i doubt Maud will wear a tiara as none of Princess Astrid or Princess Ragnhild's children have worn a tiara not even for their Weddings.

I agree, it is unlikely that Maud will wear a tiara.

I think we will see Ingrid Alexandra in a new tiara. Not the Pearl Circle tiara. The pearl circle I think we will see later, maybe in Copenhagen if she goes there later this year. I also hope to see CP Mette-Marit debut either Queen Maud diamond tiara or Queen Sofia of Sweden and Norway pink tourmaline/topaz parure.

Much as I would love to see M-M in a new to her tiara, I think this evening will be about I-A, and I doubt that M-M will want to wear a substantial new piece of jewellery that will draw attention to her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ingeborg Lorentzen Ribeiro wore a kind of tiara at her 1980s wedding to Paolo Ribeiro. Also Cathrine Ferner Johansen wore a pink gemstone tiara in 1987 with matching earrings and necklace for the gala dinner of HM King Olav 85th anniversary. But I have never seen these pieces worn later...

Ingeborg Lorentzen Ribeiro wore a kind of tiara at her 1980s wedding to Paolo Ribeiro. Also Cathrine Ferner Johansen wore a pink gemstone tiara in 1987 with matching earrings and necklace for the gala dinner of HM King Olav 85th anniversary. But I have never seen these pieces worn later...

Didn't know that. But strange that they did for that occasions but not for later occasions

Princess Raghnild receive the Boucheron tiara from Princess Ingeborg because she was her Goddaughter. It would be fine to see the future Queen of Sweden is now its owner.

My guess is that Princess Catharina-Amalia will wear the diamond ears-of-wheat diadem in Oslo. 21 years ago her aunt Princess Laurentien wore the same diadem there: picture.

Princess Raghnild receive the Boucheron tiara from Princess Ingeborg because she was her Goddaughter. It would be fine to see the future Queen of Sweden is now its owner.

Indeed. But it may well be that I-A chooses to keep that for a little later, when she is older and more confident at gala events.

I don't think that they Ingrid Alexandra received a brand new tiara. The king acquired new tiaras for Märtha Louise and Mette-Marit because there wasn't enough in the vault to cater for them as well. But the situation has changed now. Princess Ingeborgs jewels have returned to the main line, Queen Sonja and Princess Astrid are ageing and in decade or so MM and IA will be the sole tiara wearers in the family. And for the time being, one tiara will be enough for IA, because she'll focus on her education and not attend many state banquets.

I think that Ingeborg wore CP Märtha's diamond bracelet across the forehead, like Princess Astrid did a couple of years ago. The pink gemstone jewel was also worn across the forehead and looks like another bracelet to me. Very similar to the Luxembourg amethyst tiara-bracelet, but without a tiara frame.

I don't think that Maud will wear a real tiara. Firstly that is not a tradition with the Lorentzen and Ferner family, who are in a similar position. Secondly, ML only has one tiara, and their grandmother doesn't have many small spare tiaras to lend out. But maybe, with some good luck, a nice brooch or a bracelet in the hair?
Indeed. But it may well be that I-A chooses to keep that for a little later, when she is older and more confident at gala events.
It's probably not just about confidence, but also about the public image. It's might be better not to look to spendthrift in this day and age.

It's probably not just about confidence, but also about the public image. It's might be better not to look to spendthrift in this day and age.

Not quite sure how using a family heirloom might make I-A appear spendthrift or profligate, no new monies are being spent.

My guess is that Princess Catharina-Amalia will wear the diamond ears-of-wheat diadem in Oslo. 21 years ago her aunt Princess Laurentien wore the same diadem there: picture.

That is certainly an option. Given Catherina-Amalia's interest in tiara's, it will be interesting to see what she chooses to wear for her first public outing in a tiara.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom