Queen Camilla's Fashion and Style Part 1: September 2022 - June 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s so much symbolism in the various emblems and insignia of the Coronation, that I find having prominent motifs of your pet dogs on the robe of the Queen rather ridiculous.

I think, in the end, whatever you or I think of it, it feels like a perfect demonstration of "I'm the Queen, I do what I want".

Which she is and she has done.

Oh the Queen has a sense of humor! The dogs will be the talk forever!

The crown looks heavy….I hope the Queen could take it off as soon as possible. I remember Queen Elizabeth talking about wearing different crowns, their weight, the headaches. It is in a YouTube video some where

I LOVED her dress and general outfit, very proper and regal for the occasion. She really shone !

There’s so much symbolism in the various emblems and insignia of the Coronation, that I find having prominent motifs of your pet dogs on the robe of the Queen rather ridiculous.

The fact that it are adopted dogs from an asylum make my heart melt. Anyone who is good for animals has a bonus point with me.

The fact that it are adopted dogs from an asylum make my heart melt. Anyone who is good for animals has a bonus point with me.

I like that too but Camilla doesn't love all animals. I don't doubt her love for her dogs but she hunted wild foxes with hounds for decades, which negates any bonus points I might have awarded her.

She couldn't have all the animals she loves sewn onto her dress, she just chose her favorites.
And by the way, have you ever eaten meat Lilyflo?
Or have you ever killed a mosquito, fly or spider just because it annoyed you?

I like that too but Camilla doesn't love all animals. I don't doubt her love for her dogs but she hunted wild foxes with hounds for decades, which negates any bonus points I might have awarded her.

And here we are ...
She can't do it right for some, does she ?

I read something about the names of her children and grandchildren being included in the embroidery but I didn't see/recognize it. Did anyone else see it? If so, could you please indicate what to look for?

She couldn't have all the animals she loves sewn onto her dress, she just chose her favorites.
And by the way, have you ever eaten meat Lilyflo?
Or have you ever killed a mosquito, fly or spider just because it annoyed you?
I haven't eaten meat for 50+ years but I happily swat mosquitos and flies for my own preservation. I abhor all blood sports that torture and/or kill animals for entertainment so it's an issue on which I disagree with Camilla but I appreciate the work she does for rescue dogs like the ones she had on her dress.

And here we are ...
She can't do it right for some, does she ?
I like Camilla very much and I admire her hugely for many of the causes she champions. I also dislike her taste for hunting wild foxes. I think it's reasonable to have less than 100% admiration for someone, don't you?

I like Camilla very much and I admire her hugely for many of the causes she champions. I also dislike her taste for hunting wild foxes. I think it's reasonable to have less than 100% admiration for someone, don't you?

I think it's reasonable to not judge someone on past actions ( aka Camilla quit hunting like 25 years ago) but on their current ones.

I read something about the names of her children and grandchildren being included in the embroidery but I didn't see/recognize it. Did anyone else see it? If so, could you please indicate what to look for?

Here is a link to a Telegraph article:

https://archive.is/2GK4q

:previous:

I like the bunting.

Edit: I am also guessing that the grandchildren wrote their names and it appears their signatures were embroidered.

Last edited:
I actually think blue really suits her complexion and hair colour, however I'm not sure of this outfit. I think the reason is that it just looks a little unbalanced, the big skirt making her shoulders look narrow. That's my inexpert opinion, of course!

Isn't this more or less the same silhouette she has on 95% of everything though?

It is, yes, so perhaps its just the angle of the photograph?

ETA: or maybe it is the fabric? I'm not sure, it just doesn't look very balanced to me.

Queen Camilla at Covent Garden today, May 17:

** Full view **

Lovely colour.

Queen Consort Camilla needs to wear colours other than blue; if she's in blue so much the comedians will start to laugh at her.

She has always worn a lot of blue, but in recent months, it seems to be the colour she is usually seen in.

Last edited by a moderator:
That dress always reminds me that its summer or near summer ;)

I love the dress and shoes! I hit for the Queen. Are these new earrings?

That dress always reminds me that its summer or near summer ;)

She does need to pair all that with some sandals and take it to the beach. (Although it's a perfectly nice working outfit too.)

Queen Camilla's Fashion and Style Part 1: September 2022 -

I like the print and colours of the dress but much as I like them, I think a lighter coloured shoe would have worked better with the dress.

Last edited:
This dress is perfect and suits her perfectly. It has even a slimming effect !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom