The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 6: Aug. 2021- Oct. 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again Drakes … wonderful to have someone post first-hand here on TRFs when there is some Royal action going on.

How wonderful to have even the garden made ready for your arrival.

I think I’m doing well if I’ve got some long-life milk in place ready for the next day breakfast.

Just to be clear. You can’t usually walk past Frogmore Cottage. The house and gardens were open for 3 days last week and to get to the House and mausoleum you need to pass the cottage and everyone was peering in the hedges of the cottages front and back gardens. The police who were watching in most cases probably considered that a fight not worth having.

The whole place was guarded by police on bicycles particularly around by the parts that were blocked off in case someone made a run for it. I presumed Kate and William were there as I think Andrew is in Scotland. There are a lot of houses on the estate though and a lot of farming going on.

I really didn’t expect it to be like like that. First time I have went in and it is like a village within it…rural one obviously.

I very much doubt they'll visit HM this side of the Germany trip - HM pulled out of attending the Braemar games - a highlight of her annual trip - for comfort and to ensure she is well enough to carry out her most important state duties on Tuesday - accepting the resignation of a PM and appointing another PM. Logistically I don't see how the Sussex's will have got to Balmoral at this time - Balmoral is probably full steam ahead to ensure all is ready for hosting the outgoing and incoming PM and their staff at Balmoral on Tuesday. While the Queen goes to Balmoral regularly and is never off duty - it is a big change and I suspect has taken more behind the scenes prep than we are aware of.
Add to that the desire of HM to rest up ready for it - H&M don't strike me as easy going house guests you'd want hanging around just before the eyes of the whole country are on Balmoral.

Add to that more, Harry hasn't gone to Balmoral for years and years and seems not to have been part of the annual summer break - by choice.

Then add in that the last time they visited the Queen was just before they flew to The Netherlands to attend Invictus Games and Harry talked about that private meeting in the press for the Games and I doubt HM and her staff would want a repeat of that - allowing a meeting then Harry heading off to Germany to talk about it for PR reasons.

If a meeting is to happen I suspect it will be much more likely after the German trip, if at all.

I was going to say they haven’t been as a couple. Although they went to Birkhall or Castle of May. Did Harry go to Balmoral when he was single?

Just to be clear. You can’t usually walk past Frogmore Cottage. The house and gardens were open for 3 days last week and to get to the House and mausoleum you need to pass the cottage and everyone was peering in the hedges of the cottages front and back gardens. The police who were watching in most cases probably considered that a fight not worth having.

The whole place was guarded by police on bicycles particularly around by the parts that were blocked off in case someone made a run for it. I presumed Kate and William were there as I think Andrew is in Scotland. There are a lot of houses on the estate though and a lot of farming going on.

I really didn’t expect it to be like like that. First time I have went in and it is like a village within it…rural one obviously.

That explains the photo I saw recently of Frogmore Cottage from a different angle.

Thanks FigTree, I would certainly have taken a good look too if I’d had the chance!

I don’t think Harry really likes breezy or rainy weather and that part of Scotland can be, shall we say, bracing, even in the summer. Plus, although he went to Balmoral as a child, my theory is his absence there as an adult is all connected with staying at the castle at the time of Diana’s death and its sad aftermath.

I don’t think Harry really likes breezy or rainy weather and that part of Scotland can be, shall we say, bracing, even in the summer. Plus, although he went to Balmoral as a child, my theory is his absence there as an adult is all connected with staying at the castle at the time of Diana’s death and its sad aftermath.

Or he was just single. The only ones in their single days who went regularly after they travelled as a family unit with their parents was Bea and Eug. They always went and mum came too. Phillip taking himself to Sandringham when she was there. The others started going more when they got married and had children. And probably as the Queen and Philip got older. They are/were all married to outdoorsy types anyway. Bearing in mind I am talking about Zara, Peter and William here. Eugenie was there for a long time last summer too. Perhaps it brings back flashbacks for a Harry or perhaps he just married someone who really wouldn’t have been into that. Either way it’s not important really.

I wouldn’t be so sure. There are reports Charles invited them to stay with him (probably at Birkhall) and they declined

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/royal...r.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar[/QUOTE

I would take it with a pinch of salt, what the mirror is writing.

I think that is part of letting the world know the Royal Family are not mistreating Harry and Meghan, Princess Luna.

I’ve seen quite a few reports of how Prince Charles is offering them a chance to all get together to “relax and reset”.

A clever PR move … apart from the personal aspects … especially as it’s been made public, and the Sussex’s refusal has also been made public.

Like the “ring of steel” security the couple are to receive is being privately paid for … the local police are not involved.

Putting that out in public is all good PR for the Royals, heading off any criticism.

Protection and detection dog teams from a private provider, Global Support Services, have been seen working in Manchester.

The Royal reporters are playing their part in making it known that this trip by Harry and Meghan is not an official Royal thing … but them as private citizens/celebrities.

And showing that the Royal Family hold no grudges, while the Sussexes are declining the chance to kiss and makeup.

I think that is part of letting the world know the Royal Family are not mistreating Harry and Meghan, Princess Luna.

I’ve seen quite a few reports of how Prince Charles is offering them a chance to all get together to “relax and reset”.

A clever PR move … apart from the personal aspects … especially as it’s been made public, and the Sussex’s refusal has also been made public.

Like the “ring of steel” security the couple are to receive is being privately paid for … the local police are not involved.

Putting that out in public is all good PR for the Royals, heading off any criticism.

Protection and detection dog teams from a private provider, Global Support Services, have been seen working in Manchester.

The Royal reporters are playing their part in making it known that this trip by Harry and Meghan is not an official Royal thing … but them as private citizens/celebrities.

And showing that the Royal Family hold no grudges, while the Sussexes are declining the chance to kiss and makeup.

I completely agree with this interpretation of the PR strategy. I think we’d actually be seeing fewer leaks if there were real plans for the family to try to get together and work on any of this.

With people like Ban-ki-Moon attending I would expect this level of protection to be in place.

I keep reading in the media that Meghan is to give THE keynote address at the opening in Manchester yet on the organisation's website under their list of 'featured speakers' she isn't listed as speaking at all. They also say on the agenda for the opening that there will be a 'welcome to counsellors' of which she is one and then 'keynote SPEAKERS' plural. It will be interesting to see what actually happens.

With people like Ban-ki-Moon attending I would expect this level of protection to be in place.

I keep reading in the media that Meghan is to give THE keynote address at the opening in Manchester yet on the organisation's website under their list of 'featured speakers' she isn't listed as speaking at all. They also say on the agenda for the opening that there will be a 'welcome to counsellors' of which she is one and then 'keynote SPEAKERS' plural. It will be interesting to see what actually happens.

I noticed this too! I didn’t see a big speech for her on the agenda and it will be interesting to see what really happens.

Or he was just single. The only ones in their single days who went regularly after they travelled as a family unit with their parents was Bea and Eug. They always went and mum came too. Phillip taking himself to Sandringham when she was there.

My understanding is that till a few years ago, Sarah typically visited Balmoral quite early in the Queen's trip. She typically left before Prince Philip arrived. Prince Philip did not, as far as I know, retreat to Sandringham from Balmoral to allow for Sarah to be present.

I would like to think regardless of the rainy weather, it rains in London and Manchester as well by the way , that Harry would make an effort to see his grandmother.

We all know what is going on, she is 96 and not in the best of health, Balmoral is not at the end of the earth. They have flown from California for goodness sake I am sure he could do another few hundred miles.

The Queen will not be with the new PM all week.

[.....] The timing of this trip is unfortunate because of the political transition that is taking place and The Queen's duties relating to it. Had this been a less eventful time, then I could see the Sussexes spending time with The Queen.

The new PM will only be there on one day.

We don't know if the Balmoral story is true, but Meghan saying that Harry lost his father and that, "by existing", she and Harry were "upsetting the hierarchy" is now archival public record. I would be greatly surprised if Charles were not hurt by those statements.

I wonder if Meghan thinks that a war of attrition with the Royal Family is the best way to keep her in the news.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if Meghan thinks that a war of attrition with the Royal Family is the best way to keep her in the news.

I can't think why else she keeps coming out with these comments. It's making it very difficult to heal the rifts between Harry and Charles and Harry and William, and it's also isolating Archie and Lili from their paternal family - and they're already isolated from their maternal grandfather. It's such a shame.

I can't think why else she keeps coming out with these comments. It's making it very difficult to heal the rifts between Harry and Charles and Harry and William, and it's also isolating Archie and Lili from their paternal family - and they're already isolated from their maternal grandfather. It's such a shame.

I do not see any evidence of Harry or Meghan's intent to heal rifts with the BRF. I really do not think she understands the value of family, merely sees them as stepping stones to advance her own interests.

As I have previously stated, she is bright, articulate and a good communicator. She could develop her interview podcast into something major if she were willing to give her interviewees a chance to speak, and recognise that the interview is about them, not her. If she were willing to move on from the brief time she had whilst being a member of the Firm, she might be able to harness her talents into something productive, and may develop into a longer lasting career for her.

As regards Harry, I can only assume the combination of pique and jealousy, [.....]and completely beholden to Meghan means that he will only toe her line. I think it is unlikely that there will come a time in the next few years where he fully realises what he has done, and what he continues to do.

I do not see any evidence of Harry or Meghan's intent to heal rifts with the BRF. I really do not think the understands the value of family, just stepping stones to advance her interests.

As I have previously stated, she is bright, articulate and a good communicator. She could develop her interview podcast into something major if she were willing to give her interviewees a chance to speak, and recognise that the interview is about them, not her. If she were willing to move on from the brief time she had whilst being a member of the Firm, she might be able to harness her talents into something productive, and may develop into a longer lasting career for her.

As regards Harry, I can only assume the combination of pique and jealousy, of not being very bright, being emotionally unstable and completely beholden to Meghan means that he will only toe her line. I think it is unlikely that there will come a time in the next few years before he realises what he has done.

Very good comment, exactly what my feelings are.

The new PM will only be there on one day.
That's correct and a good point. All the stuff related to the PM will happen tomorrow. Their last event, The WellChild Awards are Thursday, I assume in the evening. So yeah perhaps the Sussexes will remain in the UK after their events end on Thursday to visit the friends and family members who are willing to interact with them, and perhaps even have their children flown in to have proper visits with their UK relatives.

so why do people get excited by every story in the papers? The serious papers rarely write about the monarchy so most of hte news is from the tabloids.

Several posts have been removed. If members would like for the thread to remain open, this might be a good time to take a look at the rules that govern the discussion on the Sussex thread, and to avoid bringing up topics that will eventually result in the thread being closed.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 6: August 2021-

I don’t think she, or Harry for that matter, really wants to heal anything based on their continued attacks and complaints. They’ve been complaining for right at 3 years now.

It’s sad that two essentially middle aged adults keep behaving like this.

Anyway- I’d be surprised if they went to Balmoral. Harry didn’t go much in the best of times. They didn’t bring the kids, even though this would have been a good opportunity to bring them and really visit. (It’s not like these 2 have regular jobs they need to run back to or financially can’t afford staying.)

Last edited:
I thought she said that she was safe in England? She is a hypocrite of the first degree …. and, Harry …. well … he’s incredibly gullible.

They remind me of someone else here in thr states —- everyone is against him. It’s all a conspiracy!

Very sad people.

I do not see any evidence of Harry or Meghan's intent to heal rifts with the BRF. I really do not think she understands the value of family, merely sees them as stepping stones to advance her own interests.

As regards Harry, I can only assume the combination of pique and jealousy, of not being very bright, being emotionally unstable and completely beholden to Meghan means that he will only toe her line. I think it is unlikely that there will come a time in the next few years where he fully realises what he has done, and what he continues to do.

They could have used the podcast and interviews as a chance to be positive and focused on the future without various lies, veiled threats and continued complaints about what she alleges to have happened. They could then have used the publicity of the next few days to really show that they are starting a new chapter and want to move forward. As it is, even if it is all positive for the next few days she/they are likely to have dropped a lot more of the same in the remaining podcasts that have already been recorded and the narrative returns to the Sussex Normal making it that much harder to build their "active compassion" brand.

Several posts have been removed. If members would like for the thread to remain open, this might be a good time to take a look at the rules that govern the discussion on the Sussex thread, and to avoid bringing up topics that will eventually result in the thread being closed.

Maybe my post, and I hope not, might result in the thread being closed.
But, I am really surprised of how much coverage the couple has been getting in almost all papers here, tabloids and "serious" papers. That is quite unusual.
Recently the TZ, a local bavarian paper published an article which might be seen as speculation or not.

Loosely translated it says this:

heading: Lonely in Montecito
More and more prominent friends of Meghan are shunning Meghan and she is avoiding meeting them. An insider reports this to "Life&Style" magazine. The insider says that Meghan herself doesn't confide in her former friends fearing they would talk to the press and leak informations. Names like Amal Clooney, Priyanka Chopra, the Obamas, the Beckhams are mentioned.

She is having problems with Harry too, because combining motherhood with two small children and pursuing a career is not easy. She is expecting more help from Harry with raising the children, but he is an outdoor guy and thinks raising the kids is mainly her domain. In fact he thinks she should more concentrate on raising the children instead of pursuing a career.

But, without a reliable soure we certeinly don't know if all this is true. Mostly there is some truth in it
I could not find this report in the original source "Life&Style" Magazine.

the link of the TZ paper:

https://www.tz.de/stars/insider-geo...eghan-markle-nicht-mehr-ein-etv-91766151.html

The only thing that makes me sad for the children is that they have a grandfather, step-grandmother, an uncle and aunt, and three cousins with whom they could be interacting regularly and instead it looks like they’re going to grow up not knowing them at all. Especially since they won’t have contact with the majority of their mother’s family, either. I hope that the adults in the family can at least put their own issues aside in order to foster a relationship between Archie, Lili and the Cambridge kids. They don’t have to be one big happy family, but the children should be given a chance to get to know each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom